Are we bound to marry ajnabis?

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Only an Ajanbi would do this. #XalimoExit

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think a segment of Somalis will remain in the west. There will always be a pocket of those that don't mix who wish to establish themselves and refuse assimilation. I tend to like the Somali aesthetic and believe its hard to acquire outside of Horner groups. I want my children to be proud enough in themselves and give something back to their motherland as members of the 3rd generation I'A. Its easier being a mono-ethnic individual. Zero questions about your origins, less identity confusion and not forced to choose a side or have your loyalties regularly questioned. Once you mix there is rarely a marrying back into your Somali ethnic group (especially for those identifying more with the non-Somali parent) so I don't see it as a net benefit for me or my blood relatives. No hate if you think otherwise.

Nafiso Qalanjo

I’m not interested in kpop stars. But i do like looking at them. Pretty eye candy but too girly for my taste
Same with Japanese men :lawd:
NijirΓ΄ Murakami - IMDb

Kento Yamazaki | Alice in Borderland Wiki | Fandom
Machida Keita (η”Ίη”°ε•“ε€ͺ) - MyDramaList

Nafiso Qalanjo

I know maybe I’m weird but as cute as this is, this is when my desire to marry skinny arse biijo pasto faraax is further confirmed.
haye you do you.

Out of the 3 mixed Somalis I've known, 2 were plagued by identity issues and the third was very religious mashallah, but identified more with the non-Somali side.

"bUt SoMalINiMo iS pArTerNal" in real life that doesn't mean shit. In fact the ones raises by Somali mothers are slightly better. You're robbing your child of a sense of truly belonging. Even if your family's extremely welcoming, they'll still feel like the "other". It's the cruelest shit you could do to another human being walalhi.

Last edited:

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
Husband/Wife: Ajnabi
Husband/Wife: Somali
Kid: Ajnabi

:trumpsmirk:

Warya the game was laid out by my forefathers. You're disrespecting the culture. My children have the prerogative of being Somali. I don't want to hear about genetics. Being Somali is about name, not genetic.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Out of the 3 mixed Somalis I've known, 2 were plagued by identity issues and the third was very religious mashallah, but identified more with the non-Somali side.

"bUt SoMalINiMo iS pArTerNal" in real life that doesn't mean shit sxb. In fact the ones raises by Somali mothers are slightly better. You're robbing your child of a sense of truly belonging. Even if your family's extremely welcoming, they'll feel like the "other". It's the cruelest shit you could do to another human being walalhi.
the paternal argument only applies when the half ajanabi yute already lives in a somali dominant area in Africa it means nothing in the West :heh: your closing off sentence is sadly 100% true. My brother is half Algerian & he feels like the outsider of my fam even though he's Isaaq Garxajis like the rest of us.

Trending