are light skin women more pretty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandfather was lightskin and my grandmother he married is darkskin.
I don't think back in those times they cared about such things.

Were we always so lightskin crazed idk. And I don't think we can blame colonization since it had minimal affect on the average Somali.

I have a theory it’s because of Bollywood. Think about it cause our “beauty standards” when it comes to light skins is having timo hindi + wavy hair. They ain’t bleaching to look like Europeans....

I have a theory it’s because of Bollywood. Think about it cause our “beauty standards” when it comes to light skins is having timo hindi + wavy hair. They ain’t bleaching to look like Europeans....
The aunties telling you to hide from the sun didnt grow up on bollywood so it might not be the case.

I think it's arabic cultural influence that has seeped into the urban area cities for the past hundreds of years. The reer baadiyo were not affected by this as much.

lol i'm not jealous of anyone. I judge people who use #teamlightskin as well.

Saying dark skinned people are "way more beautiful" than light skinned people shows you're ignorant, and if I said the opposite everyone would get so triggered.
:gaasdrink:Yes I would get triggered because that would be an ugly lie.

Its funny how people genuinely believe that skin color defines beauty :yloezpe: Especially in the Somali community because :’) i have seen women and men who literally look like they have been smashed in the face with a brick. but are seen as so beautiful bc they are light skinned. like cmon thats so stupid :-( ITS JUST A PIGMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts