Are Half-Somalis considered as "Somalis"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
My mother is Turkish :birdman:
coool. but thats so specific why would u tell or u throwin us off.
good job by ur dad for taking one for the team! half turks breed are rare tell me do u resemble somali mise middeterinean?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
They are a significant portion of Somalia and some Somali men have been taking them on as second wives with these half breeds running around claiming to be ethnic Somalis.

The whole concept of what it means to be Somali collapses if only the paternal rule is applied.
Not all Somalis, only specific clans who have Madow culture. (niiko iyo balaayo)

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Cultural Somalis
vs
Ethnic Somalis
that means I'm only ethnic Somali and within a generation I will wipe out Somali in my children for marrying out and not passing down a culture I was never taught? Interesting. That means the Somali race will die out real fast.

Apollo

VIP
that means I'm only ethnic Somali and within a generation I will wipe out Somali in my children for marrying out and not passing down a culture I was never taught? Interesting. That means the Somali race will die out real fast.

Yes.

You won't be a Somali according to Jamaat Suugo Science, but your claim on declining population is wrong as Somalis have the highest fertility rate on the planet.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Yes.

You won't be a Somali according to Jamaat Suugo Science, but your claim on declining population is wrong as Somalis have the highest fertility rate on the planet.
High fertility is in accordance with high mortality. We won't see the same as Somalis migrate to the West. I'm pretty sure the marriage out rate will eventually overcome the fertility rate in 250 years. Until then. :icon lol:

Apollo

VIP
High fertility is in accordance with high mortality. We won't see the same as Somalis migrate to the West. I'm pretty sure the marriage out rate will eventually overcome the fertility rate in 250 years. Until then. :icon lol:

No, mortality has been dropping rapidly. It is high fertility with high poverty now. Not many of them dying.

Applying the JSC principle will not lead towards declining numbers of Somalis, just the rejection of many wannabes.

If your population begins to dwindle the Ethiopian delegation will accept to take on the women folk as concubines. We will then proceed to banish them to the Somali desert just as it has always been. Thank us later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts