Are Half-Somalis considered as "Somalis"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Stupid , what the f*ck does privilege even mean? The privilege to be insulted and alienated because you're half white?

For a SJW, she sure does a lot of victim blaming. @LarryThePuntite looked very frustrated :icon lol:

@LarryThePuntite Hey. I am now a fan. I like how you manege to include investing in to every little to thing you say. It seems like you know your shit. Can you do an AMA on personal financing?

Also you mentioned the stocks for Somalis is low right now and it's a good time to invest...how will i be able to do that?:cosbyhmm:

Hahaha.

I mean this the greatest time on planet earth to be a Somali.

AMA's are for weirdos.

Apollo

VIP
It depends on their Somali parent. Some of them have self-hating Somali parents and raise them to be anti-Somali while other ones are the exact opposite.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Lineage is only traced through the father this is a preference given to men by Allah. Even though we're all children of adam iyo hawa Allah specifically refers to us as children of adam and never children of Hawa. This is why we carry our fathers name and not our mothers name, the only time children take the name of their mother is when zina occurs. Also skin tone has no bearing on a persons lineage.

It doesn't matter whether the person can speak somali or not etc as long as the father is somali they're considered to be somali. I don't consider anyone whose father is somali and mother is non-somali to be "half-somali" doing so amounts to denying their rightful lineage. Tbh i never use the term half-somali it's either you're somali or non somali.
exactly. Where tf did this term of half Somali come from even??? We don't call reer xamar people "1/6th" somali or some bs like that. You're either Somali or not.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
I'm not with the "As long as the father is somali" crew. If youre not full somali, you're not somali in my eyes. Somali is an ethnicity, half whites, half Asians etc can't claim it. You either are or are not. There's no 50% somali.
I disagree. Being a Somali is more than ethnicity. You can be 1/2 Arab and still be 100% Somali (reer xamar for example). It has a lot to due with culture and paternal lineage.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Wtf is a snow ?

1488492669630.png

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
@GodKnowsBest kaalay what about yo kids fathered by ferenji guy?
they will have no qabiil thus ruled out as somali. :friendhug:
I know. I'm 100% American nationality wise I was born and raised in America and honestly although I was comfortable with going to Somalia before the age of 16, the longer I'm raised in America the more I have no interest in seeing Somalia even to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending