Arabs are nice people

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
So your saying that Somalis are gonna have that Turkish virus called nationalism? I’m not suprised since turkey has the most nationalists
Somali nationalism has been there throughout history turkey has nothing to do with this or are you thinking this way just because erdogan visited Somalia during the 2011 famine and its so called interest in Somalia afterwards?

Somali nationalism has been there throughout history turkey has nothing to do with this or are you thinking this way just because erdogan visited Somalia during the 2011 famine and its so called interest in Somalia afterwards?
I guess you’re diaspora. None preaches this cringe kumbaya patriotism back home

Last edited:

somalipatriot

I guess you’re diaspora. None preaches this cringe kumbaya patriotism shit back home
there a lot of compatriots who share the same feeling of nationalism unity and preserving our history and just because Somalia collapsed and disintegrated and currently were trying to get back on our feet doesn’t mean qabiil has got the better of all somalis furthermore I’m Somali by race and ethnicity so this diaspora nonsense is already a facade you don’t represent Somalia nor its people so don’t make judgements without knowledge

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Why are diaspora Somalis so obsessed with Arabs and if they're racist or not? I'm not specifically talking about OP but I've realized on this forum and on tik tok, all these Ciyaal talk about is Arab. Inferiority complex they call it
I feel like they project western madow struggles onto a lot of things and, for them, Arabs are the stand-ins for "whites" and the "oppressive" people we Somalis need to rise up against or rise above.

It's absurd, of course. Somalis were never really enslaved, especially mass enslaved, by Arabs and were historical business partners with them in many different fields. Not to mention that it's like these romanticist reer qurbo who like to fawn over the old maryooles forget that even back then the amount of Arab influences on Somali culture was innumerable. Everything from our clan genealogies, to hundreds of loanwords, to our religion and even a good chunk of our architecture was heavily influenced by Arabians. They, especially Yemenis, are to us what Greeks and Italians are to Germano-Celt cadaans.

Not to mention they are not as "foreign" as some make them out to be. We belong to the same language family, share at least 50% of our ancient ancestry with them and we belong to the same diin. Plus they live right bloody there, saaxiib. It's ridiculous to try and act like they're our cadaans cos some rootless, salafi influenced Somalis coon for them too much nowadays and because Arabs are "racist" like Somalis and our ancestors aren't just about as racist.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You're delusional. Arabs definitely do not see Somalis as Arabs. They see us as their Muslim brothers that culturally similar to them. But they don't see us 'fellow Arabs'. That's just silly.
I grew up in the UAE while still living there now in my late 20s and they most certainly do. It's weird to me but they do. Most Arabs get legit confused when I explain to them that Somalia has its own language separate from Arabic and that most Somalis don't speak Arabic. They seriously think we are like Sudani Arabs. I remember a guy at Uni from Palestine saying to me that Somalis are basically the result of Yemenis going to Africa and mixing with Madows. :ftw9nwa: That's roughly what most of them think. Come to the Khaleej. Most Arabs will approach you speaking Arabic from the outset and think you're Arab. Only the ones with Somali friends and who learned stuff about our culture in more detail will know otherwise.

somalipatriot

I grew up in the UAE while still living there now in my late 20s and they most certainly do. It's weird to me but they do. Most Arabs get legit confused when I explain to them that Somalia has its own language separate from Arabic and that most Somalis don't speak Arabic. They seriously think we are like Sudani Arabs. I remember a guy at Uni from Palestine saying to me that Somalis are basically the result of Yemenis going to Africa and mixing with Madows. :ftw9nwa: That's roughly what most of them think. Come to the Khaleej. Most Arabs will approach you speaking Arabic from the outset and think you're Arab. Only the ones with Somali friends and who learned stuff about our culture in more detail will know otherwise.
Why do you have a damn about what Arabs think or don’t think about Somalis? Did the generations before us the answer is no! We always sticked to our culture and Somali nationalism was always there throughout history just because Somalia disintegrated and collapsed in 1991 due to lack of governance and civil war doesn’t mean we have to abandon nationalism for this nonsense