Arab guy on YouTube comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keo

VIP
So there's this Arab guy on a YouTube comment that was defending Somalis after this person left this comment on there:
e6c542ad22f842679f6a8ad4fac7de1f.png

Here's the Arab guy's responses:
39e7793b761b43c7bee2fc9384bffb02.png

I had to spoil it by saying Somalis don't have Arab in them and that Ethiopians have more Jewish and Arab in them than Somalis.
:mjlol:
Then he responded back to me:
62b4014984ec42ba98f103260a11020d.png

6923bbaea4bc4541900d24b50c65a801.png

Do you think I should have just left it?
:kanyehmm:

I'm just surprised that there are some Arabs out there who genuinely think we have some Arab ancestry and want to claim us and others that wouldn't want to associate with us.

Lot of Arabs think Somalis speak Arabic because they are taught in school that Somalia is in the Arab league. Also they ignorantly think Somalis are Arabs since they don't look like west Africans. Even today I went to a Palestinian barber and he was surprised that Somalis don't speak Arabic.

Last edited:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I get offended when Arabs think Somalis are Arab. Just because we finessed our way into the Arab league doesn't mean we are actually Arabs. Smh.

I don't blame him for thinking Somalis have Arab blood when clans claim to be descendants of Arabs. Plus the Somali diaspora are confused as a whole, Salafi Somalis claim to be Arabs while others Somalis claim to be black.

ITT : People who don't know Arabs talking like they do. I'm waiting for it.
Lot of Arabs think Somalis speak Arabic because they are taught in school that Somalia is in the Arab league. Also they ignorant think Somalis are Arabs since they don't look like west Africans. Even today I went to a Palestinian barber and he was surprised that Somalis don't speak Arabic.
Many people in my family including my father speaks Arabic, which doesn't help cuz I've gotten asked why I don't speak it lol.

It's not that they think it, we are the ones who got into the Arab League in the first place, and alot of Somalis, atleast the educated ones, speak Arabic.

Either way this is the #836384 thread on Somalis and Arab identity. This forum is more bland than mashed potatoes.

Like it's stupid to see Somalis suddenly act all superior when you see some Arab who sees Somalis as fellow Arabs. Yeah ok cool you found one YouTube comment online, you really showed him by proving otherwise! It's really not a big issue in this world. Everyone knows Somalis are Somalis.

Meanwhile "you filthy Iraqi descendants, us al-Jabartis are the best/truest Somalis!" and vice versa:siilaanyolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts