Any wadanis here?

I don't understand. If your contention is that these administrative regions will have dominant clan due to demographics, there is nothing that can be done about it (unless you would like to suggest a more radical plan?).

Your original issue was that federalism is more democratic and representative than a centralised political system. I've addressed this in my post. Each of these new regions will be still be representative of the locals but we avoid the problem of consolidated clan states; and a political system that reifies further division.

I suspect as time goes on, and Somalia begins rapid development, these archaic forms of social identification will dissipate as I have discussed here.

You said that the 5 federal states represent 5 clannist states and your suggestion was to change it to 18 regions. These 18 regions will be represented in the parliament and they will form political alliances... based on clan!

I don't see how this will end clannism, at all.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
The problem with Federalism long term is that Somalia does not have a center capable of holding the country together and capable of extracting taxes, so the endpoint if it keeps going in this trajectory since the IC won't allow balkanization is 4-5 de-facto countries within a country or a very loose confederation

The problem with a unitary state is that pushing for it will upset the balance that Somali clans have been working for and may lead to another Government collapse, but ti's the only way for the country to be 1 cohesive unit

It's not black and white, there are pros and cons with both systems

I completely agree. I would prefer a centralised system like in the UK with local governments but this is probably the best compromise. At the very least we break the back of clan states and prevent what is essentially enclaves with tribal militias.

I completely agree. I would prefer a centralised system like in the UK with local governments but this is probably the best compromise. At the very least we break the back of clan states and prevent what is essentially enclaves with tribal militias.

In the current federalism system in Puntland, each village and town has a local council that manages the local budget and makes decisions.

It's not decided in Garowe, it's completely devolved.

GemState

36/21
VIP
1m1v across the country and removal of 4.5 is the best way to move forward with this IMO

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
So you're basically promoting exploitation of areas to benefit the larger clan.

We know what happened before the civil war.

But I want to ask you for a favour.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Somaliweyn is a dead dream and will cause further destruction to your already unstable government .
I find it ironic that your username disagrees with your statement. Anyways ONE STAR TO RULE THEM ALL

1601567188696.jpeg

:pachah1: No where in the Quran is written midnimada umaada somaliyeed waa muqadas. I identify as an ethnic Majeerten man and my nation is Puntland. The rest of Somalia is as foreign to me as Japan and could care less what happens outside my borders. We are not the same people, we just happened to be lumped together by the evil colonists.

:francis:

:pachah1: No where in the Quran is written midnimada umaada somaliyeed waa muqadas. I identify as an ethnic Majeerten man and my nation is Puntland. The rest of Somalia is as foreign to me as Japan and could care less what happens outside my borders. We are not the same people, we just happened to be lumped together by the evil colonists.

:francis:
Wow so cool how can I become like you:wowsweat:

:pachah1: Gabdaha belaha Hawiye, whats up with the qashin rating? its what i believe, do you want me to lie?

By embracing your ethnicity and the region you are from. Dont worry what happens outside your clan territory.

Me disliking your comment has nothing to do with qabil. I would've done the same if we were from the same tribe. What you said is false as you denied what is written in the quran. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you are not informed on this matter.

images.jpeg-2.jpg

xyDq1913.jpg

c3f99d62e4a16eb8333e84f89a328540.jpg
43b052096892fc701ba0ff1c93c4b52e.jpg

Bruh, I thought you meant this...

gudoomiye-Ciro1.png

But yes, I'd like to see all Somalis united in the future, Insha-Allah. Dunno if it's possible tho

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
:pachah1: We can practice our religion behind a border. There is no kilafah in the world

I don't disagree with that point but the Quran explicitely calls for Muslim unity.Yes it doesnt say Somalis but we fit under that umbrella and should respect the commands of Allah. All the best to you :)

I'm Pro-Somaliland and I will always will be.

People in Somaliland never want to unite with you because we know what happened in the 60s and 70s.

The government became a qabil dominance rumble with sub-clan political parties.

It still lingers now. Why did Farmaajo pardon the rape suspects?
Say that to dhulos and warsans and huge chunks of samaroon

Trending