Anti Somali hate by black people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some of you lot think this “race/ Somalis aren’t black debacle/debate is rinsed out and soo 2016. Wallahi I’m absolutely exhausted and I don’t want to paint myself as a victim because I absolutely can’t stand people feeling sorry for me. However, I feel like I need to say this as I’m tired of other black people hating me, simply for being Somali.
Anti Somali hate is a real thing. I’m not surrounded by Somali people (unfortunately, which is the problem. I’m literally a one somali girl army) so the only POC I come across are black, and I can literally feel the girls looking at me up and down, or touching my hair asking if it’s real and the intense glares. I have hair that goes down to my hips and this black guy pulled it so hard once and he ran away. Or the small snarky little forehead comments, or the distinction they make constantly, especially about my head and features etc. I’ve experienced discrimination from black teachers , who would tell other black students not to hang out with me because I’m Somali and that my people are bad when I was literally a fucking minority in that place. I’d hear a black mum talk shit about Somalis to her kids right in front of me (I was literally 6 years old back then). And when non black people would be racist towards me and say shit about my skin colour, the small amount of black students would laugh! Like literally laugh and act like they didn’t care when they were A LOT darker than me, had waaay coarser hair than me, wider features etc, it was so confusing. (Honestly now that I’m older it’s kind of funny lol) Also the guys are very disgusting, I could be minding my business and they will say the most wild shit (not going to say because it’s inappropriate and I fear allah) I don’t know what these other xalimos see in them tbh. They feel comfortable telling me to my face that they don’t like Somalis at all but wouldn’t mind giving me a chance. They just hate me for no reason for the most part but though that’s petty incidents.
But something that really got me pressed is the whole George floyd situation and other black men who get killed by police brutality and people going ballistic yeah but when fucking dolal died and countless other Somali men died nobody gives a shit but the Somali community. All I’m saying is I wasn’t racist or anti black, I played fair and tried to be nice to these people. I tried to give them a chance but they decided to be rude and give me a hard time. Don’t they say we’re anti black and problematic? so why when we do give you a chance and we’re alright with you it’s a problem? I’m no longer extending my loyalty to them at all and ONLY to Somali people strictly. There ain’t no fucking black people unity. I had to learn my lesson the hard way !!!
Wear your hijab it will minimize envy and unwanted attention if you wear it for Allah sake. Hate is everywhere even siblings hate on each other.if Allah blessed with beauty expect to get hated on by superficial people.btw How old are you?

[/QUOTE]
One thing I never realized is that AA see being from Africa as a. As they
Lol he was a odd one no doubt about that but idk cuz a lot of the men in my dads side had a thing for madow/Bantu women so idk. Most of my cousins r mixed
and your mom let him take you away?? What kinda Somali parents do you have?

i myself have been mocked and light jokes made to me simply for looking somali , its why i dont hang around with some ajnabis anymore... whats funny is that arabs rarely dont mock or make jokes about somalis from my experience its mainly from madows and timo jilecs..

big up arab peeps
Nah it’s about standing your ground. Asians used to make jokes until we added the word paki to the end of every sentence. Now they don’t peep up

Still can't believe somalis in Uk where dissed so openly, we need to get to the bottom of this because shit should not have been possible. I understand people hating on the low, but being open. Reer Uk, maxaa dhacay.

I think those madows where islamophobic, a lot of non-muslim madows are islamophobic due to their situations in their home countries and also lies fed by media.

Still can't believe somalis in Uk where dissed so openly, we need to get to the bottom of this because shit should not have been possible. I understand people hating on the low, but being open. Reer Uk, maxaa dhacay.

I think those madows where islamophobic, a lot of non-muslim madows are islamophobic due to their situations in their home countries and also lies fed by media.

It's really not that deep. West Africans were bullied so bad by the African Caribbeans that they claimed Jamaican.

I don't know about London but in other major cities, Somalis tamed both madow and timo jileec real quickly.

I went to a previously majority timo jileec school that was invaded by Somalis. After a few skirmishes, the timo jileec would avoid eye contact with the Somalis.

The madows learned quickly too and soon started complaining that Somalida were arrogant and cunsuri.Cajib.

It's really not that deep. West Africans were bullied so bad by the African Caribbeans that they claimed Jamaican.

I don't know about London but in other major cities, Somalis tamed both madow and timo jileec real quickly.

I went to a previously majority timo jileec school that was invaded by Somalis. After a few skirmishes, the timo jileec would avoid eye contact with the Somalis.

The madows learned quickly too and soon started complaining that Somalida were arrogant and cunsuri.Cajib.

Yeah, its not that deep, it just a recurring thing here and social media. Like you said, few fights with somalis would squash tensions and somalis would be respected. The thing is that, the disrespect has been very open especially in social media until recently and its not seen in other diasporas. Vdry amusing looking from the outside

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
How people act is a function of how they were raised.

What I find unusual is why on earth your mother would have you live with your father in a Carribean country of all places. I doubt his ajnabi wife was even Muslim. So I fail to see what they'd have in common. Its not often you'd see this coupling. In fact, adeers are indifferent to madows. This story is full of holes.

Yeah, its not that deep, it just a recurring thing here and social media. Like you said, few fights with somalis would squash tensions and somalis would be respected. The thing is that, the disrespect has been very open especially in social media until recently and its not seen in other diasporas. Vdry amusing looking from the outside

It is normal for newcomers to be picked on and Somalis have more than proven themselves as fighters.

Being the most visible Black AND Muslim community in the UK means that you stand out. The UK is cut throat.The same media that hounded Meghan and Harry out of the UK, spent years running hit pieces on Somalis.

We've had a bit of a break Alhamdullilah with Brexit switching the focus onto East Europeans.

The irony is that those same cadaan wannabe African Caribbean's parents/grandparents are being deported left and right back to their countries despite having lived here since the 50s 😂.

Lol he was a odd one no doubt about that but idk cuz a lot of the men in my dads side had a thing for madow/Bantu women so idk. Most of my cousins r mixed
My dad only liked mixed or maadows like Kelly Rowland. The others only date caadans. But they’re so half Berber, which aren’t known for liking Bantus.

I don’t understand....

you said Somalis were a minority and you was alone in that world you grew up...
... yet you got hated because you were a Somali ?

it doesn’t add up..

People usually hate other people when they are stepping on each other’s toes and it becomes them v us sort of a thing which wasn’t in your case, because there weren’t enough Somalis to create such vibe...

therefor I find it difficult to process what you are saying.. generally Somalis are very much liked people when they are short in numbers.. pretty much same like any other people.

so your story doesn’t add up... could it be that you were just a nasty person that couldn’t get along with others...?

I don’t understand....

you said Somalis were a minority and you was alone in that world you grew up...
... yet you got hated because you were a Somali ?

it doesn’t add up..

People usually hate other people when they are stepping on each other’s toes and it becomes them v us sort of a thing which wasn’t in your case, because there weren’t enough Somalis to create such vibe...

therefor I find it difficult to process what you are saying.. generally Somalis are very much liked people when they are short in numbers.. pretty much same like any other people.

so your story doesn’t add up... could it be that you were just a nasty person that couldn’t get along with others...?
Perhaps a little bit of both. I think the reason why Somalis and maadows rub each other the wrong way is miscommunication due to culture clash. A majority of blacks in America are ignorant about Somali culture and values.

I think Somalis and maadows can be associates if we learned about each other’s culture and accept that we’re different.

I think Somalis and maadows can be associates if we learned about each other’s culture and accept that we’re different.

Depends, Somali women are celebrated and embraced in the black community, the problem is Somali MEN. Somali women are considered black, Somali men are not, let me explain:

Somali women have no other group of women to identify with other than black women, in all honestly who can Somali women relate with? Arab women? No. White women? Not a chance in hell. Asian women? Just the idea is crazy. If anything many have a mild contempt for them due to prior conflicts. So it makes sense for them to identify as black, they're welcomed and knowing that they're being fetished for their features certainly provides some appeal, similar to mulato biracials like Haile Berry or Ayesha Curry being accepted as black.

On the other hand Somali men - including other Horner males - identify with their ethnicty more time, that's why we can get along with anyone, it doesn't matter if he's Chinese, Turk, Persian or Senegalese, they're all the same to us.

You can see the discrepancy with how Somali men are treated as a lower class with how we're thrown under the bus by other blacks and pro black Somali women, on the one hand pro black Somali women insist we're black, since they always feel the need to preach to somali men that we're black. Fair enough, but anytime you dare to bring up the crime rates of other black groups - since we're black right - to defend ourselves from the constant slander they bring up the talking points of systemic prejudice like being denied jobs because of skin colour, harsher grading terms for blacks and various socioeconomic factors. But at the same time we're told to stop being a loser mama's boy, grow up and get a job. As if we don't go through the same problems when it comes to the job hiring department being Somali, black and Muslim.

So the failures of Somali males is down to individual choice and culture, but the failures of African-Americans/Afro-Carribeans is down to systematic prejudice. Even though we're told we're black, we're not afforded the privileges (protection, status, uplifting) of said group.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Depends, Somali women are celebrated and embraced in the black community, the problem is Somali MEN. Somali women are considered black, Somali men are not, let me explain:

Somali women have no other group of women to identify with other than black women, in all honestly who can Somali women relate with? Arab women? No. White women? Not a chance in hell. Asian women? Just the idea is crazy. If anything many have a mild contempt for them due to prior conflicts. So it makes sense for them to identify as black, they're welcomed and knowing that they're being fetished for their features certainly provides some appeal, similar to mulato biracials like Haile Berry or Ayesha Curry being accepted as black.

On the other hand Somali men - including other Horner males - identify with their ethnicty more time, that's why we can get along with anyone, it doesn't matter if he's Chinese, Turk, Persian or Senegalese, they're all the same to us.

You can see the discrepancy with how Somali men are treated as a lower class with how we're thrown under the bus by other blacks and pro black Somali women, on the one hand pro black Somali women insist we're black, since they always feel the need to preach to somali men that we're black. Fair enough, but anytime you dare to bring up the crime rates of other black groups - since we're black right - to defend ourselves from the constant slander they bring up the talking points of systemic prejudice like being denied jobs because of skin colour, harsher grading terms for blacks and various socioeconomic factors. But at the same time we're told to stop being a loser mama's boy, grow up and get a job. As if we don't go through the same problems when it comes to the job hiring department being Somali, black and Muslim.

So the failures of Somali males is down to individual choice and culture, but the failures of African-Americans/Afro-Carribeans is down to systematic prejudice. Even though we're told we're black, we're not afforded the privileges (protection, status, uplifting) of said group.
Lol facts they make excuses for madows. Like the systemic racism shit:mjlol: But for somali guys they tell us to stop being mama boys:mjlaugh: The hypocrisy.

Fay

DELETED
i myself have been mocked and light jokes made to me simply for looking somali , its why i dont hang around with some ajnabis anymore... whats funny is that arabs rarely dont mock or make jokes about somalis from my experience its mainly from madows and timo jilecs..

big up arab peeps

Yes they do arabs hate somalis n say how ugly we r.. from ur experience maybe but come on arabs r known racists just ask the somalis who grew up in the middle east or arab countries about them.. my father grew up in saudi he went there when he was 4 and he despises them

Perhaps a little bit of both. I think the reason why Somalis and maadows rub each other the wrong way is miscommunication due to culture clash. A majority of blacks in America are ignorant about Somali culture and values.
In the majority of diaspora, Somalis get along with other minorities; this Somalis vs. Blacks/African is unfounded most of the time. Nothing is perfect, I grant this, but people blow this thing out of proportion. The issue is also treating all non-Somali Black people as the same when they do, in fact, have different ways about them. For example, there are no New World blacks where I live, so we lack a specific dynamic social flavor like in other places. With that said, I'm not going to extrapolate my experience to other areas and say things are perfect everywhere, only noting some individuals here take advantage of other's experiences to construct a narrative where Somalis are somehow always at odds with certain groups wherever they live.

Yes they do arabs hate somalis n say how ugly we r.. from ur experience maybe but come on arabs r known racists just ask the somalis who grew up in the middle east or arab countries about them.. my father grew up in saudi he went there when he was 4 and he despises them
I used to live in Egypt and whenever you turned your back they would call you (abeed or zingy) and start bursting with laughter. I remember my older brother got beaten the shit out of him just cause he stood up for this miskeen somali boy who was being bullied by egyptian guy
uff there so ugly and stinky and don't brush their teeth and want to be rude to us

Status
Not open for further replies.