Another study shows Nubians are more genetically related to Cushitic speakers than Nilo Saharans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Is this Koombeya Science? :lol:

This are the facts

Nubians are the only Nilo-Saharan speaking group that does not cluster with groups of the same linguistic affiliation, but with Sudanese Afro-Asiatic speaking groups (Arabs and Cushitic Beja) and Afro-Asiatic Ethiopians.

Y-chromosome and mitochondrial DNA studies reported Nubians to be more similar to Egyptians and Ethiopians than to other Nilo-Saharan populations.

Look at K=10

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1006976

The Beja have a large chunk of the Cushitic cluster, while Nubians carry a lot more Nilotic DNA.

Also, in the Beja the admixture is dated to over 3,000 years ago. They are far more ancient.

Nubians are much more recent people.

Copts show a common ancestry with North African and Middle Eastern populations (dark blue), whereas the South-West cluster (Darfurians, Nuba and Nilotes) share an ancestry component (light blue) with sub–Saharan samples.
The North-East cluster (Beja, Ethiopians, Arabs and Nubians) shows both components, although the main component (~70%) is that detected in North Africa and Middle East (Fig. 3).

Apollo

VIP
Copts show a common ancestry with North African and Middle Eastern populations (dark blue), whereas the South-West cluster (Darfurians, Nuba and Nilotes) share an ancestry component (light blue) with sub–Saharan samples.
The North-East cluster (Beja, Ethiopians, Arabs and Nubians) shows both components, although the main component (~70%) is that detected in North Africa and Middle East (Fig. 3).

That study lacked Somali samples.

Somalis would have made a Cushitic cluster and exposed the Nubians as Nuba-Arab mulattos.

Mr Kangz, they are not close to true Horners. Only via proxy they are (similar continental admixture levels).

Nubians are mixed race Arab Mulattos.

Very subjective, Mr Koombe. What is a true Horner? Yourself?

The study shows your claims to be false

That study lacked Somali samples.

Somalis would have made a Cushitic cluster and exposed the Nubians as Nuba-Arab mulattos.

And?

We are talking about Nubians, Koombe.

Stay composed.

This study suggests that everything you've copied and pasted without knowledge, is false. Bejas are Cushitic and have shown to have clustered very closely to Somalis in other samples. So even if there was a Somali sample, you would have been proven wrong, as usual.

Apollo

VIP

''Genetic evidence points to an early admixture event in the Nubians, concurrent with historical contact between North Sudanese and Arab groups. We estimate the admixture in current-day Sudanese Arab populations to about 700 years ago, coinciding with the fall of Dongola in 1315/1316 AD, a wave of admixture that reached the Darfurian/Kordofanian populations some 400–200 years ago. In contrast to the northeastern populations, the current-day Nilotic populations from the south of the region display little or no admixture from Eurasian groups indicating long-term isolation and population continuity in these areas of northeast Africa.''

To investigate whether this signal of genetic differentiation is driven by the Eurasian admixture into the Nubians (as seen in Fig 2), we created pseudo-‘unadmixed’ (in terms of not having Eurasian admixture) allele frequencies (see SI) and calculated Wright’s FST, which showed that an ‘unadmixed’ Nubian gene-pool is genetically similar to Nilotes (S7B Fig)

Hence, the Nubians can be seen as a group with substantial genetic material relating to Nilotes that later have received much gene-flow from Eurasians (likely Middle Eastern) and from East Africans (Fig 2).

''Genetic evidence points to an early admixture event in the Nubians, concurrent with historical contact between North Sudanese and Arab groups. We estimate the admixture in current-day Sudanese Arab populations to about 700 years ago, coinciding with the fall of Dongola in 1315/1316 AD, a wave of admixture that reached the Darfurian/Kordofanian populations some 400–200 years ago. In contrast to the northeastern populations, the current-day Nilotic populations from the south of the region display little or no admixture from Eurasian groups indicating long-term isolation and population continuity in these areas of northeast Africa.''

This doesn't refute the fact that Nubians are originally Cushitic.

Many Somalis also have recent Omotic admixture, so what's your point?

Sampling distribution of the sample mean pairwise FST between populations. Average FSTvalue of genes associated with resistance/susceptibility to malaria (♦) is significantly lower than the mean FST score of the sampling distribution in all pairwise comparisons. COP = Copts; NOR = Beja, Ethiopians, Arabs and Nubians; SOU = Darfurians, Nuba and Nilotes; FUL = Fulani. The sampling distribution is drawn from the mean FST value of subsets of randomly selected genic SNPs with a sample size equal to the number of common SNPs between populations in the selected genes (n) and with similar MAF (10,000 permutations).

Y-chromosome and mitochondrial DNA studies reported Nubians to be more similar to Egyptians than to other Nilo-Saharan populations1,8: Nubians were influenced by Arabs as a direct result of the penetration of large numbers of Arabs into the Nile Valley over long periods of time following the arrival of Islam around 651 A.D20.

Interestingly, our analyses shows a unique ancestry for Sudanese Nilo-Saharan speaking groups (Darfurians and Nuba) related to Nilotes of South Sudan, but not to other Sudanese populations or sub-Saharan populations (Fig. 3)

I know this info hurts. The Arab admixture is minute and very recent.

I'm sorry.

Apollo

VIP
This doesn't refute the fact that Nubians are originally Cushitic.

Many Somalis also have recent Omotic admixture, so what's your point?

Those were not Nubians, but Cushites.

Nubians are from the Nuba area and mixed with Arabs. They are not related to Cushites.

Population displacement, whether it is followed with cultural or genetic exchange with local populations, would explain why not every Nilo-Saharan speaking group has this genetic component (as is the case of Nubians) and not every population that has it is mainly formed by Nilo-Saharan speakers (as is the case of Niger-Kordofanian speaking Nuba).

Once again.

I'm sorry baby

Those were not Nubians, but Cushites.

Nubians are from the Nuba area and mixed with Arabs. They are not related to Cushites.

You need to brush up on your debating skills. Problem with you is, you don't know how to respond to studies that conflict with your myths.

I have already refuted this point, clearly.

Apollo

VIP
You are a troll. You only registered on this forum to 'debunk' my big thread on 'only the Beja being close to Somalis in Sudan'.

Are you a North Sudanese? Who cares about these people anyway.

You are a troll. You only registered on this forum to 'debunk' my big thread on 'only the Beja being close to Somalis'.

Are you a North Sudanese? Who cares about these people anyway.

You evidently do.

I just spit the facts. Did a Sudanese girl break your heart?

As for me, I'm the great Chinhahsan. I am Somali/Ethiopian who just happens to be from the Dir clan. I promote Ethiopian Somali harmony.

Apollo

VIP
You evidently do.

I just spit the facts. Did a Sudanese girl break your heart?

As for me, I'm the great Chinhahsan. I am Somali/Ethiopian who just happens to be from the Dir clan. I promote Ethiopian Somali harmony.

Aren't you that guy who was banned from here not so long ago? Waranle with the negative nine thousand dislikes? Troll.

• Cushtic
  • Nilo-Saharans
  • ErB1
  • J halogroup
  • Nubians
  • Beja
You guys are talking about Somali's being related to people 99% of Somalis never heard of, go to a fresh Farah and tell him he's related to Beja/Nubians/E.T and tell me he's response.........:pachah1:

No, I'm Chinhahsan. A Cushitic supremacist. I was hated for my pro-Ethiopian stance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinhahsan

"The 1997 census reported this town had a total population of 7,753 of whom 3,951 were men and 3,802 women. The three largest ethnic groups reported in this town were the Oromo (64.72%), Somali (20.59%), and the Amhara (10.8%); all other ethnic groups made up the remaining 3.89% of the residents.[6]"

Interesting demographic. How does a Somali supremacist promote harmony with Ethiopia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts