Another "Mujaahid" sees the light and rejects the secession pipe-dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
What is with the exclamation marks?

Is he fake mujaahid or something?

BankaTuyo

حيران
Were they justified in your view?

The Somali National Movement had to do what they thought was necessary to achieve their goals; my thoughts on this thorny issue is irrelevant.

but what is completely wrong and confuses me is why certain groups aka SNM are entailed to Mujaahid and not USC or SSDF or any other rebel group. why not call the people who fought against somaliland in kalshaale Mujaahidiin. why not call the current somaliland soldiers fightng with puntland mujaahid.

Cumar

VIP
The Somali National Movement had to do what they thought was necessary to achieve their goals; my thoughts on this thorny issue is irrelevant.

but what is completely wrong and confuses me is why certain groups aka SNM are entailed to Mujaahid and not USC or SSDF or any other rebel group. why not call the people who fought against somaliland in kalshaale Mujaahidiin. why not call the current somaliland soldiers fightng with puntland mujaahid.

Every group calls their fighters mujaahids.

Who told you SSDF and USC supporters don't call their fighters mujaahids? What a weird response.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Every group calls their fighters mujaahids.

Who told you SSDF and USC supporters don't call their fighters mujaahids? What a weird response.
You can only call someone participating in jihad a mujahid and fighting other Somalis, no matter how vile they may be, doesn't qualify.

Cumar

VIP
You can only call someone participating in jihad a mujahid and fighting other Somalis, no matter how vile they may be, doesn't qualify.

This is a different argument than what @BankaTuyo is saying and I agree. It shouldn't be used, since they weren't fighting gaalo.

Not the same as saying SNM is the only one who uses this term though.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Google many articles about Caydiid or Morgan where they are referred to as Mujhaahids

google an article is not an evidence or the consensus of a whole region/tribe. anybody with an ulterior motive can write the piece of article you are citing as evidence.

what i wan't you to provide is a state media outlet .e.g. Puntland tv or Galmudug tv labeling USD or SSDF as Mujaahidiin.? or senior MJ or HG politician calling their rebel leaders mujaahidiin.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
This is a different argument than what @BankaTuyo is saying and I agree. It shouldn't be used, since they weren't fighting gaalo.

Not the same as saying SNM is the only one who uses this term though.
I did see an old video of SNM talking about how Siad Barre was an apostate and how they were fighting a holy war. I get the sense that they used the most religious rhetoric. This is probably what led them to putting the shahada on their flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.