Another "Mujaahid" sees the light and rejects the secession pipe-dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
google an article is not an evidence or the consensus of a whole region/tribe. anybody with an ulterior motive can write the piece of article you are citing as evidence.

what i wan't you to provide is a state media outlet .e.g. Puntland tv or Galmudug tv labeling USD or SSDF as Mujaahidiin.? or senior MJ or HG politician calling their rebel leaders mujaahidiin.

Dude, do your own homework. You made the claim that only SNM use this term, not me. That ain't how it works.

Tbh I don't see the need to convince a supposed 'Isaaq' who doesn't appreciate SNM struggle. I can deal with a political difference of opinions like a pro-unity Isaaq or one who is nonchalant on the separatist question just fine but SNM is where I draw the line. :kodaksmiley:

Cumar

VIP
I did see an old video of SNM talking about how Siad Barre was an apostate and how they were fighting a holy war. I get the sense that they used the most religious rhetoric. This is probably what led them to putting the shahada on their flag.

Tbh, they weren't entirely wrong. Siad Barre publically executed 10 ulema when they told him his man made inheritance laws contradicted sharia.

Calling your enemies gaalo is politically expedient for sure though. I wouldn't go that far.

BankaTuyo

حيران
who doesn't appreciate SNM struggle.

where in my posts did i say i don't appreciate SNM.? the point of contention here is whether it is ok to use the label "Mujaahid", you are the one who said others use it and the burden of proof form a credible source is on you not me.

Cumar

VIP
where in my posts did i say i don't appreciate SNM.? the point of contention here is whether it is ok to use the label "Mujaahid", you are the one who said others use it and the burden of proof form a credible source is on you not me.

Maybe I am wrong but its a weird thing to get worked up about.

In the english language putting words in quotation marks means you doubt the use of particular terminology. Mujaahid or not SNM were freedom fighters for Isaaqs just like SSDF and USC were freedom fighters for their respective communities.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Tbh, they weren't entirely wrong. Siad Barre publically executed 10 ulema when they told him his man made inheritance laws contradicted sharia.

Calling your enemies gaalo is politically expedient for sure though. I wouldn't go that far.
I would honestly be surprised if Siad Barre really was Muslim but it's a dangerous accusation to make. I totally understand it though. I just wonder if the other rebel groups had that takfiir as central to their message the same way the SNM did.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
SNM were definitely freedom fighters. I support their cause 100% .I suppose defending your livelihood and your community could be considered a form of jihaad.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
If Siad Barre was gaal then so was every other Arab strongman Sadam,Gaddafi,Assad do you guy support the overthrow of these men look at how their countries turned out after being “liberated” by “mujahideen”

No members of other rebel groups in Somalia refer themselves as mujaahids, no other communities other than isaaq refer their rebel groups as mujaahids.

This is a fact.

There is nothing wrong with glorifying freedom fighters however for a grown man to come and sit in front of a camera and refer to himself as a 'mujaahids there is something wrong there..

The whole mujaahid claim is part of the false propaganda drilled in to young isaaqs to follow elite somalilanders fill their pockets without questions..

If the people held them with with such high esteem..fair enough.. but it's the mujaahids that hold themselves to such level of entitlement...It's wrong..

That's a clear sign of manipulation and advantage taking of innocent villagers

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
No members of other rebel groups in Somalia refer themselves as mujaahids, no other communities other than isaaq refer their rebel groups as mujaahids.

This is a fact.

There is nothing wrong with glorifying freedom fighters however for a grown man to come and sit in front of a camera and refer to himself as a 'mujaahids there is something wrong there..

The whole mujaahid claim is part of the false propaganda drilled in to young isaaqs to follow elite somalilanders fill their pockets without questions..

If the people held them with with such high esteem..fair enough.. but it's the mujaahids that hold themselves to such level of entitlement...It's wrong..

That's a clear sign of manipulation and advantage taking of innocent villagers
Exactly. I've never seen a senior SSDF official being called Mujaahid publicly. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Isaaq are extremist exaggerators throughout the history. Just look at their secession.... A rogue regime assaulted them and they blame the entire Somali nation for what one dictator and his loyal army did.

Status
Not open for further replies.