Am I racist?

Psychologist

Changemaker
Arguing about why other people have different beauty standards to yourself that you consider "weird" is redundant. People will like what they like and there's nothing you can do to change it.

What people consider attractive is not the same across the board & will differ on each individual.
as i said before beauty is subjective so people will have different opinion on everything one finds beautiful but the problem is saying you don't find one attracted because of their hair or color,
that's weird ass reasoning

Also the environment we grow up plays a role on what we find beautiful so it could have been something that was taught to them "Kinky is this and that" if one opinion is negative is better for them to keep it to themselves. at the end of the day i wish they end up with someone they love and that loves them back
Rest In Peace Rip GIF by Playboi Carti

Psychologist

Changemaker
"phenotype" refers to the observable physical properties of an organism;

This does include features, Somalis have quite a specific look that doesn't vary too much, so if a Somali is only attracted to the 'Somali' or 'Horner' look, that should be okay. Let's agree to disagree here.

About the hair change of babies, I think a few weeks in the natural texture shows up, a lot of babies have barely any hair to start. Look at newborn babies, they all look similar, with squished features, slick hair etc.
At the end of the day its an opinion but claiming that it to be a fact is just a problem. also no one can't force another to find attracted, like whatever you like as long as you aren't disrespectful about it, nothing is wrong.

We all have our own beauty standard :gaasdrink:

Oh, he was 6 weeks in that video and that was the last video she posted about that kid. she rarely posts videos now

Apollo

VIP
colorism, texturism and featurism.

Indoctrinated by SJWism, lost soul.

Not every preference is automatically an -ism.

PS. Most of these delusional white leftists who came up with this ideology pretty much only date/marry fellow white liberals. They can't even uphold their own worldview. Don't drink their Kool-Aid.

Psychologist

Changemaker

PS. Most of these delusional white leftists who came up with this ideology pretty much only date/marry fellow white liberals. They can't even uphold their own worldview. Don't drink their Kool-Aid.
LOL

the whole hair thing was weird and her point was Ism

f*ck white liberals they are undercover racist.

Nothing except for 5 and 6 speaks to his character.

My point was that if your primary reasons for rejecting someone is due to stuff they can’t change, then it’s problematic.

I don’t think you’re racist but you place an unnecessary emphasis on race and pride.

5 and 6 should be 1 and 2.
Not Muslim should be number 1 in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with her being attracted to someone the same hair type as her but her saying that she isn't attracted to someone with kinky because of their hair is problem. its called texturism and that's what she is
I don’t really agree with you there. Is it texturism to not be attracted to straight haired blonde men for example? In my opinion I would consider it to be texturism if she said that kinky hair is uglier or inferior, if you get my drift

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
And race isn’t one of them according to our religion.
Who told you that ?

Lineage is indeed an important factor to consider when it comes to marriage. Just have a read what the different schools say about it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Who told you that ?

Lineage is indeed an important factor to consider when it comes to marriage. Just have a read what the different schools say about it.

There is a Hadith in which the prophet PBUH admonished a family for refusing to consider a Black man for marriage.

The prophet PBUH has repeatedly been quoted in Hadith as stating that deen and righteousness comes first.

Furthermore, the prophet PBUH married many sahaba with people of “lesser lineage” or different races.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Ask me questions, I want to know if I’m a racist.

Today a somali girl asked me why I wouldn’t date this jamaican dude that was hitting on me, I said I want to preserve my jileec hair genes. She’s now declared i’m a racist. I asked her if it’s wrong for a madhow to say they won’t marry an east asian because they want to preserve their athleticism, she said not really.
:wtf:
why am I a racist for preserving my cushitic genes? Ask me questions. I’m not taking these bootyclapping xalimos and their advice serious
:noneck:
Why didn't u tell the truth? That you are a tom boy slash lesbian?
1638597520090.png

AdoonkaAlle

@Qeelbax

Walaal I’d advice you to stay clear of that girl. The fact that she has no problems with nin gaal ah having relations with a muslim girl is just tip of the iceberg.

As I stated before diinta has given people the right to choose which qualities they should look for when seeking marriage, beauty is one of those qualities. Notions of beauty differ and as such people will prefer different things.

Diinta should be the most important quality that you should give priority to but this doesn’t mean that you should overlook other qualities like lineage, beauty, wealth as they play an important role in ensuring that a person has stable and successful marriage .

I remember having a discussion with a brother who was very adamant that deen should be the only quality one needs to seek out.

Asked him if he would consider to marry divorced woman with kids or one who he wasn’t attracted to at all or even one who had disability etc who were all very religiously committed? He stayed silent and only then did I advice that we shouldn’t be naive or hasty when it comes to important institutions such as marriage.

Overlooking important factors that help maintain a healthy marriage only leads to its breakdown.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
You not being racist, just tactless. If you said 'eh.. Not my type" nobody would care.

That hair thing will make you sound crazy. We understand where you're coming from but not everybody will

AdoonkaAlle

There is a Hadith in which the prophet PBUH admonished a family for refusing to consider a Black man for marriage.

The prophet PBUH has repeatedly been quoted in Hadith as stating that deen and righteousness comes first.

Furthermore, the prophet PBUH married many sahaba with people of “lesser lineage” or different races.

@Pwyneth Galtrow stated that character is not the only thing that is needed for compatibility. She was absolutely right and the second hadith you're referring to proves this. The Prophet PBUH stated that we should look into deen & character first but He didn't state that the other qualities were not important or that we shouldn't consider them.

There's a hadith where the Prophet PBUH advices a female sahaba to marry another sahabah other than the 2 suitors who proposed marriage to her . The reason being one of the 2 suitors was poor while the other beats women, so the Prophet PBUH suggested another sahabah and she married him. In another hadith the Prophet PBUH marries a woman to a man who's poor and he marries her to him based on how much of the quran he knows.

How does the stories where the Prophet PBUH marrying sahabah with different lineages prove that lineage isn't to be looked at or that it didn't occur in those periods or that some sahabah didn't choose their suitors based on it ?

There's a context to each and every hadith and before a ruling is reached all the different narrations and personal circumstance is looked at. This fact completely goes by you and you end up imposing your views to the text.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
For a short time, I was in local running team. I was on a table with a group of black girls who regularly sat next to me. One of them asked me if I would date anyone of them or which one of them o would date, something along those lines. Being an undiplomatic 15 year old. I said "none". They've hated my guts since

I would have jokingly flattered the one who asked and said her and if she asked why I'd say because she's sociable enough to suddenly ask such a thing and I like that. And if she gets any ideas just say I'm going through stuff and not looking to date. Think fast like this in the future, niyahow.

AdoonkaAlle

I agree wholeheartedly, however, someone can convert. That’s why I didn’t mention that.

Personally, I see myself marrying someone that is from an Islamic culture however, I’m speaking generally.

You were here disagreeing with @Pwyneth Galtrow that lineage isn't a quality of consideration in islam yet you don't even rank islam as the number 1 reason why she shouldn't consider him. Simply on the possibility that he "may" convert what are you on about ? his current status as a kafir is what makes it forbidden not some future where he may or may not accept islam.

According to you muslim women should consider kafir men for marriage on the basis that they "may" become muslim on some later date. Where in the world did you get this from ?

Also character is part of islam and those who're not muslims lack all those characters associated with islam meaning they engage in actions that islam forbids that are norm to them.

Your views on advocacy for lgbt rights, evidence for god's existence, suitability of kafir men and other issues seems to me that at the very least you've serious issues islamically if you're indeed a muslim and at worst you're masquerading as a muslim. There's something very odd about how you keep on gravitating between islam and secular liberalism.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Liberal hypocrisy is quite something. Even effs up neighborhoods, poor kids' futures and more:

Apollo

VIP
@Shimbiris I used to live in an ethnic ghetto (lol, but mostly Turkish/MENA) and I always saw these white liberal parents drive their kids to far away elementary schools to avoid the nearby ethnic one. The meme is real.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
@Shimbiris I used to live in an ethnic ghetto (lol, but mostly Turkish/MENA) and I always saw these white liberal parents drive their kids to far away elementary schools to avoid the nearby ethnic one. The meme is real.

Even here in the Middle East when I drive through their ethnic enclave neighborhoods nobody says anything or is rude at all but you do get a lot of looks and I can tell it's cos I am not cadaan. 💀

Trending