AFARS CLAIMING SOMALI CULTURE

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
Ehh no I didn’t grew up with my paternal side of the family nor did I grew up with their culture and customs etc. I grew up culturally as an Cadcad and I look like one so no
So, you don't identify with your paternal side at all? Do you at least identify with your father's clan?

What's the Cushitic etymology of the word Dirac? Cause I know the Arabic original meaning of the word

GIF by ABC Network
What's the Arabic etymology?

They must have mentally abused you as a child and removed your Somali pride. . Must have been the daily insults towards Somalis by your Cad cad relatives. I grew up with these people and they were extremely hateful towards Somalis. Someone like your dad who married one of theirs was not acceptable to them. Somalis had the same feelings towards them and despised them. So it makes sense for you to be confused and think you are who you are not. Best of Luck.

Xoxoxo

VIP
They must have mentally abused you as a child and removed your Somali pride. . Must have been the daily insults towards Somalis by your Cad cad relatives. I grew up with these people and they were extremely hateful towards Somalis. Someone like your dad who married one of theirs was not acceptable to them. Somalis had the same feelings towards them and despised them. So it makes sense for you to be confused and think you are who you are not. Best of Luck.
No gross they didn’t I just consider myself cadcad because I grew up being one and we don’t take tribe as serious as you lot so chill.

cadcads don’t like Somalis because they consider them ugly and dark so you’re right by that extent but I wasn’t bullied for anything. Mocking and bullying is different

Because it is lol...it's not that deep.Arabic and Semitic languages tend to have triliteral root words.This word meant something else in standard quranic arabic (coat of armor,chainmail,outter shell etc) but the Southern Yemenis changed the meaning to this cultural dress probably influenced by their pre-arabic language
Proof?

And in what way foes this prove it's not of Somali origin? The Somali language is poorly documented. Finding they etomology of a single irrelevant word in the Somali language is extremely difficult. So you can't use that as a way to disprove Somalis' claim to the dirac.

Xoxoxo

VIP
what the hell :what1:
No lol it’s the truth most cadcads I met consider Somalis ugly and dark

I even once told my family I would most likely end up with a regular Somali guy (preferably from Mogadishu or Kismayo) and the disgust on their face said enough about it.

they like to preserve their features and don’t want others to mingle in and quote on quote “ruin it” that’s why outside marriages aren’t common with us cadcads but with the barawani’s

No gross they didn’t I just consider myself cadcad because I grew up being one and we don’t take tribe as serious as you lot so chill.

cadcads don’t like Somalis because they consider them ugly and dark so you’re right by that extent but I wasn’t bullied for anything. Mocking and bullying is different

The opposite is true for somalis and the reason they despised these mixed breed folks who live among them is because their low IQ. Most of them because of severe and long standing cousin marriages had down syndromes, worst culture for Muslim people and so on. Every way we looked at them, they were people a proud Somali could not live with. The fact that you think Somalis are ugly and your inbred folks look better speaks your low self-esteem. The words "Doqon" and "Xoolo" were commonly used to refer to them in conversations.

Not to mention the Dirty houses they lived in. Somalis invented the word "Areebo" exclusively for them.

I even once told my family I would most likely end up with a regular Somali guy (preferably from Mogadishu or Kismayo) and the disgust on their face said enough about it.

they like to preserve their features and don’t want others to mingle in and quote on quote “ruin it” that’s why outside marriages aren’t common with us cadcads but with the barawani’s
Somalis literally have the best features. Maybe it’s just your family that hates them ? Calling them ugly and dark. Also dark is beautiful. I met lots of cadcads with Somali wives or husbands. They were very respectful.

Xoxoxo

VIP
The opposite is truie for somalis and the reason they despise these mixed breed folks who live among somalis is because their low IQ. Most of them because severe cousin marriages had down syndromes, worst culture for Muslim people and so on. Every we looked at them, they were people a proud Somali could not live with. The fact that you think Somalis are ugly and your inbred folks look better speaks your low self-esteem. The words "Doqon" and "Xoolo" were commonly used to refer to them in conversations.
No they practice cousin marriages because for a simple reason: to keep everything within our group.

and many minor tribes do it this except for the Bantu’s who are open minded. Nobody is even aware of what other minorities do and people even found out that some of us even have our own languages and customs different from ethnic Somalis.

Cadcads (especially the ones I grew up with) have this weird obsession with keeping our genes within our circle. Marrying an ethnic Somali would ruin it because of their skin or hair or smt like that idk but they prefer to not have their descendants come out and not mostly look Middle Eastern.

Dude can you properly read? I don’t believe in that nonsense and neither did my mother who married out of the circle. Just because you guys have words for Cadcads doesn’t mean they don’t have theirnown interpretations and insults about Somalis. Again, I don’t believe in that nonsense but seemingly you do belie be in the nonsense your ancestors fed you about people like me lol

Xoxoxo

VIP
Somalis literally have the best features. Maybe it’s just your family that hates them ? Calling them ugly and dark. Also dark is beautiful. I met lots of cadcads with Somali wives or husbands. They were very respectful.
Ugh I didn’t call them dark I said that Cadcads find Somalis ugly because they see them mostly as dark skinned people

Not an attack to you my dear sis, but I vaguely remember that you wrote that you came from the worst clan (paternal) and that’s why you didn’t want to be associated with them?

When it came to Cadcads, the men tended to marry out sometimes but it was especially discouraged and disliked for the women to marry out

Only for their offspring to come out looking like they were the product generational cousin marriages lol.

Xoxoxo

VIP
Not an attack to you my dear sis, but I vaguely remember that you wrote that you came from the worst clan (paternal) and that’s why you didn’t want to be associated with them?

When it came to Cadcads, the men tended to marry out sometimes but it was especially discouraged and disliked for the women to marry out
Yeah but like the worst of the worst, just imagine the worst Somali tribe and sub clan and I am descendant from that.

yes my mother definitely got a lot of flack & shit for it and it didn’t even make it better when they found out my father was of a darker shade which really got them pissed off. They were quote on quote scared that I’ll come out looking “dark” which didn’t really happen but yeah, Cadcads have their own problem, and this is a huge issue especially within my family.

thankfully in recent years I saw a few marriages between Cadcads and other ethnic Somalis so it isn’t as uncommon anymore

Trending

Latest posts