AFARS CLAIMING SOMALI CULTURE

Afar people from Djibouti wear diraac loool

They’re part of the Djiboutian culture so they wear it. Yemenis aswell. I recently learned that diraac was invented by Somalis I honestly thought it was Yemeni.

I feel like Somalis from Somalia get shocked when afars wear it loool. Afar are assimilated and share a lot of cultural traditions with us.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Afar people from Djibouti wear diraac loool

They’re part of the Djiboutian culture so they wear it. Yemenis aswell. I recently learned that diraac was invented by Somalis I honestly thought it was Yemeni.

I feel like Somalis from Somalia get shocked when afars wear it loool. Afar are assimilated and share a lot of cultural traditions with us.
They have no buisness claiming that though. Somalis who eat injeero itoobiyan call it injeero itoobyan. They fighting somalis claiming it as there own. It’s giving Chinese claiming Korean Hanbok as Chinese because parts of korean ethnic land is controlled by China
:snoop:
You have to be strong with your culture or eventually everyone is gonna forget who it came from. You don’t see Somali claiming baasto is ours?

They have no buisness claiming that though. Somalis who eat injeero itoobiyan call it injeero itoobyan. They fighting somalis claiming it as there own. It’s giving Chinese claiming Korean Hanbok as Chinese because parts of korean ethnic land is controlled by China
:snoop:
You have to be strong with your culture or eventually everyone is gonna forget who it came from. You don’t see Somali claiming baasto is ours?
I agree! I join in the dragging but I feel like a hypocrite at times LOL because I know they wear it aswell and have integrated the diraac into their culture 😫😫 It’s like Somali Bantus wearing diraac?!?

But when I saw Tanzanian claim it I was vexed! Even the al Hindi pattern I recently learned about that because we don’t wear it but Ugandans, Tanzanians, and even Comoros Island they wear the pattern aswell LOL it’s crazy

We need to gatekeep frfr

Dirac is Southern Yemeni...Should Yemenis be harassing us and accuse us of stealing tons of shit? Some of you Somali females be moving like those madow delusional afro-centrists tbh

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I agree! I join in the dragging but I feel like a hypocrite at times LOL because I know they wear it aswell and have integrated into their culture 😫😫 It’s like Somali Bantus wearing diraac?!?

But when I say Tanzanian claim it I was vexed! Even the al Hindi pattern I recently learned about that because we don’t wear it but Ugandans, Tanzanians, and even Comoros Island they wear the pattern aswell LOL it’s crazy
Afar don’t have culture or something? Why they wearing out clothes on a wedding day? Imagine being a bride and wearing another cultures clothes? Hell even their dance looked like an off brand dhaanto
:russ:
Anyway, the difference between Somali bantu and Afar is that. Somali Bantu we’re nearly stripped of their culture and forcefully brought to Somalia as slaves. They are also like <10% of the population while Afar are their own group, and are like 35-40% of Djibouti population. Why would 40% assimilate?
Are we confirming Afar as langaab today?
:lolbron:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Dirac is Southern Yemeni...Should Yemenis be harassing us and accuse us of stealing tons of shit? Some of you Somali females be moving like those madow delusional afro-centrists tbh
Never seen a single proof of that despite a few people claiming that. Mainly the ones who don’t like the idea of see through clothes on woman
Wouldn’t take Mr. Ibn Khalduns word either.
:heh:

Afar don’t have culture or something? Why they wearing out clothes on a wedding day? Imagine being a bride and wearing another cultures clothes? Hell even their dance looked like an off brand dhaanto
:russ:
Anyway, the difference between Somali bantu and Afar is that. Somali Bantu we’re nearly stripped of their culture and forcefully brought to Somalia as slaves. They are also like <10% of the population while Afar are their own group, and are like 35-40% of Djibouti population. Why would 40% assimilate?
Are we confirming Afar as langaab today?
:lolbron:
LOOL
It’s not only the diraac they also wear the Somali men traditional clothing aswell

Fast forward to 14:18 and see the men aswell LOL

They have assimilated fully because I was told they were topless 70 years ago from my ayeyo idk if she was hating or telling the truth 😏

Never seen a single proof of that despite a few people claiming that.
Wouldn’t take Mr. Ibn Khalduns word either
:heh:
What's the Cushitic etymology of the word Dirac? Cause I know the Arabic original meaning of the word

GIF by ABC Network

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Would you look at that
It was introduced by Somali merchants and it’s only worn by Yemenis from Aden
yes, the fabric used to make diraacs was imported to somalia from south asia and East asia, they don’t have this fabric there. I’ve heard Somalis created it like 200 years ago.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
LOOL
It’s not only the diraac they also wear the Somali men traditional clothing aswell

Fast forward to 14:18 and see the men aswell LOL

They have assimilated fully because I was told they were topless 70 years ago from my ayeyo idk if she was hating or telling the truth 😏
:ohhh:

Trending