AFARS CLAIMING SOMALI CULTURE

It’s giving Chinese claiming Korean Hanbok as Chinese because parts of korean ethnic land is controlled by China
Korean is a really poor example, literally >70% of their language is Chinese. Most of their culture is Chinese. Most of their ancestry is Chinese rice farmers, the proto-Korean speakers from Manchuria make up a very small %.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
@citrus_samurai @Qeelbax Still waiting for proof that Dirac is a Somali word
Bored Joe Biden GIF by Bianca Bosso

No horse in this fight. But this is some pseudo-historian stuff, walaal. Just because "Dirac" is Arabic in origin doesn't prove the garment is immediately Arab in origin. We have no clue if it might have been called something else, if an earlier Somali word was usurped. For all we know the original name for it was Xabashi, rofl. The fact that Dirac = Arabic doesn't immediately prove anything. Proving its origins should be done more through investigating the methods of making it, where the textile industry was more vibrant in the 1800s and actual historical accounts on its origins. It's some really pseudoscientific stuff to just latch onto the word and disregard all else.

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
So, some very "skilled" craftsmen from "dajabooty" blessed us with dirac?

:dwill: and... in the ... 1800s??

:mindblown:

Someone needs to explain how a very small region that probably didn't even exist before the whites drew the borderlines managed to make an attire that most people attribute their culture to. It's not even close to believable, as the coastal cities are where the trades mostly took place. Wiki walan is becoming a hub for lies and fake news.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Korean is a really poor example, literally >70% of their language is Chinese. Most of their culture is Chinese. Most of their ancestry is Chinese rice farmers, the proto-Korean speakers from Manchuria make up a very small %.
They left China 13,000 years ago. But yeah Chinese have been pushing propaganda like Mongoliens, Koreans, Japanese etc are all chinese

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
So, some very "skilled" craftsmen from "dajabooty" blessed us with dirac?

:dwill: and... in the ... 1800s??

:mindblown:

Someone needs to explain how a very small region that probably didn't even exist before the whites drew the borderlines managed to make an attire that most people attribute their culture to. It's not even close to believable, as the coastal cities are where the trades mostly took place. Wiki walan is becoming a hub for lies and fake news.
It’s from Southern Somalia
:hahaidiot:

Xoxoxo

VIP
This is why you can’t have a convo with langaab landers
:ohlord:
Nothing about them is original.

we made everything and when people talk about Somali food they are talking about Southern food, when they are talking about clothing it’s about southern Somali clothing.

we were at least unique and weren’t mimicking the Yemenis in any way possible

Xoxoxo

VIP
The southern Somalia literally invented Dirac,

to be precise Somali women from the coastal cities, so get the f out of here if you think the Yemenis made one of our modern traditional dresses

Dont diss our sharp teeth afar member @Aboow like that. Shes not a langaab and her ppl are the second majority population of djibiouti
LOOL am not afari

@Roorigeg LOOK at what you did! People think am afari because of you 😫

Am Somali from Djibouti and most definitely DO not have sharp teeth. I’m just stating that afars wear diraac and the men wear the traditional Somali clothing aswell. That’s it.

No cap tho afari music is LIT!

Last edited:
Everyone gatekeeps there culture to an extent. I’m thankful for the prophet saw and his companions, I’m not thankful for arabs or semites in the slightest.

Wallahi this is some langaabnimo.

This is the dude who claims Northern Somalis were Christians. To him and his ilk anything Somali means being less of a person. Self-hate is a culture in his circle.

Xoxoxo

VIP
How are you a cadcad if your dad is an ethnic Somali? That makes you Somali.
Ehh no I didn’t grew up with my paternal side of the family nor did I grew up with their culture and customs etc. I grew up culturally as an Cadcad and I look like one so no

Trending

Latest posts