Af Barawani radio station gets banned? But why?

Lol, don't take the piss. North Africans have been in Africa for more than 4000 years. If they are settlers so are Somalis. So are Bantus in Kenya ect. So this whole race theory you're trying to peddle is not the one.

Also, cadcads have Somali blood. Many of them have ethnic grandmothers and great grandmothers. Therefore, they are not fully racially Asian.
Berbers been in North Africa for 12,000 years, not 4,000. I wasn't talking about them.

I know plenty of somalis same skin tone features who are ' ethnic somalis' when do we stop with whats considered somali or not.
Lol simply delusional

Berbers been in North Africa for 12,000 years, not 4,000. I wasn't talking about them.

Lol simply delusional
It has nothing to do with lightskin looool cuz I am lightskin myself, but it has everything to do with the fact that they separate themselves from ethnic Somalis in the Diaspora.

So some of them do that, does that make it ok for you to say they're not Somali. There are regular somalis that are self hating too.

Btw these people established your capital when you were geeljire the best of somalia, hamarweyne, shangani, marka, barawe were there. They are as somali as anyone else.

We all came from somewhere and settled in the land no such thing as native.

Som

VIP
Local authorities of the south west state in barawe locked up staff and closed the doors of a local barawani langauge station.

A debate has started regarding somalias official languages since konfurgalbeed states official langauge isnt somali either. Alot of hypocrisy as to why they wouldn't allow barawanis to have their own langauge station also.

Hateful remarks raging such as barawani aren't somali on fb. Although it's true many barawanis once abroad claim to be Yemenis or Swahili alot of them are proud somalis and they should be respected as such.

What's your take?

They have a right to have media in their own language, I don't see what the problem is.
All of them also speak both maxaa and maay

Som

VIP
I used to think like you, but now i get it.
Many Somalis outside of Somalia like to tell them they are not Somali. Made to feel like foreigners and during the war, due to having no major qabil backing were abused as they were an easy target.

You don't mistreat people and then act shocked when they turn their backs. Despite all of this, many cadcads and Barwaanis i've come across are ridiculously proud of being Somali and even then people like @Jimmer will still tell them they are not Somali.
In my experience benadiri and barwaani have a lot of true somali patriots. The reason is pretty simple, they have no other country. They are not full arabs and not full swahili, the only land they have a connection with is Somalia.
If barwaani and benadiris went to yemen or arab countries nobody would accept them as arabs

Som

VIP
It has nothing to do with lightskin looool cuz I am lightskin myself, but it has everything to do with the fact that they separate themselves from ethnic Somalis in the Diaspora.
Dude i know some folks who have very recent yemeni immigrants like their dad came from yemen before Independence and even they feel 100% somali and prefer to associate with somalis.

Som

VIP
And let's also remember that many many benadiris are actually like 60-70% somali and the rest arab, it's not like they are white arabs. Many of them can pass as light skinned darood,isaaq or hhawiye.
Look at this video. Inauguration of a benadiri ugaas. He looks average somali and most of the crowd also looks full somali

Bendaris and Barwani people are mostly Somali in admixture (30-60)% (but this can vary allot) and and their maternal lineages are almost entirely from local Somalis, so its not like they are foreign to the region.

Trending