Af Barawani radio station gets banned? But why?

I think it was easier to Arabise and adopt them because Balochis are Indo-Aryan ethnically. Basically they showed up looking paler than Arabs.

That"s correct. I don't think they would do that for any other group. Balochis are kind of special
indo-Aryan group, They are just like the Kurds marginalized in many Countries, but, the big
difference is they are not anti-Arab or Arabization.

Lol they're neither oppressed or mistreated, they're far better well off than ethnic Somalis in the west and very proud of their Asian, non-African roots. They tell you they're Arab, Persian, Portuguese, etc.

Now that's not all of them, there are many different type of cadcads some are very somali and look like that guy in the interview. Some are proper arab looking and can't even speak proper somali. I think they've migrated from different parts of the world, Yemen, portugal, oman and iran. Dont tar them with the same brush.

Lol they're neither oppressed or mistreated, they're far better well off than ethnic Somalis in the west and very proud of their Asian, non-African roots. They tell you they're Arab, Persian, Portuguese, etc.

a third of the country *at least* views itself as descendants of Arabs, but you have an issue with a tiny minority proud of their actual mixed heritage? lol

Yes in the West, they are not oppressed obviously. I know i'm conflating cadcads with Barwaanis, but cadcads were oppressed and their women raped. My family is from Xamar and saw their neighbors looted and killed.

A lot of them will tell you they are Somalis. Some of them though have deep resentment about how they were treated during the war. Before the war, they weren't oppressed and had businesses and houses. All of that has been taken away from them. The same can be said for other ethnic Somalis, but these people aren't ethnic and so have been otherised.

All in all, Somalis outside of Somalia are shaqo' laan when it comes to telling cadcads and Barwanis they are not Somali. I used to talk like that, but recently I had to really rethink my silliness after speaking to elder members of my fam.
Due to the fact that the Balochis have been in Oman and UAE before the creation of these nations, even before the Trucial states, they have passports and are recognized as citizens. Any Khaleeji you see with the surname Al-Balushi originates from Balochistan, but they have assimilated fully.

Cadcads and Barwanis are like this. They have been in Somalia before the creation of Somalia, so how the hell can these people not be seen as citizens?

:farmajoyaab:

Actually they're not like balooshi at all, compared to cadcads balooshi are recent arrivals to the gulf maybe 60 years or so. Whereas cadcads have been in somalia before even mogadishu was built. Think about places like shangani or hamarweyne the first concrete buildings, areas, in mogadishu even before Italians.

Mogadishu was largely settled and established by them while the ethnic somalis were nomads in the surrounding area. So how can you claim they're recent arrivals?

That"s correct. I don't think they would do that for any other group. Balochis are kind of special
indo-Aryan group, They are just like the Kurds marginalized in many Countries, but, the big
difference is they are not anti-Arab or Arabization.

Howabout the slave bantus bought over from tanzania, they look nothing like arabs but were assimilated and now proper respected citizens, all over the gulf, those bantu groups are as khaleeji as anyone else regardless of race.

Now that's not all of them, there are many different type of cadcads some are very somali and look like that guy in the interview. Some are proper arab looking and can't even speak proper somali. I think they've migrated from different parts of the world, Yemen, portugal, oman and iran. Dont tar them with the same brush.

The guy in the interview looks like an Arab lol.

I've been emphasizing their various non-African, non-Somali origins throughout the thread.

Are north Africans racially african. Some would argue east Africans aren't african. Africa is just a continent nothing to do with race.
They're Asian settlers/colonists. Just like the White Boers in South Africa. Not black, Somali or African.

Howabout the slave bantus bought over from tanzania, they look nothing like arabs but were assimilated and now proper respected citizens, all over the gulf, those bantu groups are as khaleeji as anyone else regardless of race.

They are the biggest Non-Arab ethnic citizens in U. A. E and Oman. Plus they have a lot
Power that other groups don't have.

I've been emphasizing their various non-African, non-Somali origins throughout the thread.

They're Asian settlers/colonists. Just like the White Boers in South Africa. Not black, Somali or African.

He doesn't look arab look closer I could tell his barawani immediately they have distinct look.

Lol, don't take the piss. North Africans have been in Africa for more than 4000 years. If they are settlers so are Somalis. So are Bantus in Kenya ect. So this whole race theory you're trying to peddle is not the one.

Also, cadcads have Somali blood. Many of them have ethnic grandmothers and great grandmothers. Therefore, they are not fully racially Asian.

He doesn't look arab look closer I could tell his barawani immediately they have distinct look.

Lets not lie, he clearly looks Arab. Southern Arabian to be precise. The majority of Yemenis and Omanis look like him. In certain parts of the gulf as well, he will blend in.

I don't agree with @Jimmer but lets not lie to make a point.

Lets not lie, he clearly looks Arab. Southern Arabian to be precise. The majority of Yemenis and Omanis look like him. In certain parts of the gulf as well, he will blend in.

I don't agree with @Jimmer but lets not lie to make a point.

I know plenty of somalis same skin tone features who are ' ethnic somalis' when do we stop with whats considered somali or not.

I know plenty of somalis same skin tone features who are ' ethnic somalis' when do we stop with whats considered somali or not.

Its not the skin color, its the features. Also, yes I've seen ethnic Somalis that look similar, heck, i've even seen ethnic Somalis that look like they are fresh from the mountains of Yemen. And just because a very small minority of ethnic Somalis have that look doesn't mean its the norm.

Cadcads and Barawe do indeed have a foreign look to them, that is why a lot of them are distinguishable from ethnic Somalis. Obviously, the ones with high ethnic Somali mixture will look just like us.

By the way, i agree with you. I think Barwaanis and Cadcads are Somali. Just ethnically different.

Last edited:
Actually Somalis outside of certain parts of konfuur see them as non Somali. No one in waqooyi, Djibouti, Bari or galbeed sees them as Somali since they don’t live alongside them.
Every single of them I met has claimed Somalia with their chest and are proud. I don’t know where your getting this from.

Its not the skin color, its the features. Also, yes I've seen ethnic Somalis that look similar, heck, i've even seen ethnic Somalis that look like they are fresh from the mountains of Yemen. And just because a very small minority of ethnic Somalis have that look doesn't mean its the norm.

Cadcads and Barawe do indeed have a foreign look to them, that is why a lot of them are distinguishable from ethnic Somalis. Obviously, the ones with high ethnic Somali mixture will look just like us.

By the way, i agree with you. I think Barwaanis and Cadcads are Somali. Just ethnically different.

Yes agree they are distinguishable.

Yhea but Somalia and Somali identity is bigger than just xamar. If most of the population don’t see them as Somali then they ain’t Somali in my books.
Who are you to say they ain't somali, stop with your inferiority complex it's not their faul that they're lightskins :pachah1:

Who are you to say they ain't somali, stop with your inferiority complex it's not their faul that they're lightskins :pachah1:
It has nothing to do with lightskin looool cuz I am lightskin myself, but it has everything to do with the fact that they separate themselves from ethnic Somalis in the Diaspora.

Trending

Latest posts