Advice on a Somali woman

So what so you reverts see in somali women? Are they the only option for reverts :mjlaugh:
Bruh from my life experience women are for everybody. You know how many Latinas go for non Latino men? Black dudes, white dudes, all kinda dudes get them. The problem is they are mostly Catholic and t hots. Since I reverted I just want a woman who has good deen. The only ones I've come across like that are xalimos. I haven't been to a Muslim country yet so until then I see them as good options.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I don't know what SSA means but I get the gist of what you said. I'm not perfect but I make good money and know the role of the man in a marriage per Islam. I wouldn't say I'm apprehensive but more cautious from dealing with women before I reverted. I will take what saxibs like you have said into consideration and make dua to figure out what I should do.

I did a quick read over of your initial post. The biggest red flag is trust issues on both sides. This might have something to do with your player history and her unfaithful husband. Sort that psychological baggage out with counselling.

What I find even more troubling is assuming the worst about Somali girls through threads on Sspot that are ancedotal and intended to be sensational. And this presumption that Somali girls must have sketchy pasts. They are chiefly individuals first. Don't project your situation on to the lot of us.

I did a quick read over of your initial post. The biggest red flag is trust issues on both sides. This might have something to do with your player history and her unfaithful husband. Sort that psychological baggage out with counselling.

What I find even more troubling is assuming the worst about Somali girls through threads on Sspot that are ancedotal and intended to be sensational. And this presumption that Somali girls must have sketchy pasts. They are chiefly individuals first. Don't project your situation on to the lot of us.
I didn't mean to slander your people based off this forum so forgive me if that is your impression. I don't know many Somali people irl so I took what was said here as representative until I see otherwise. I'm not speaking for Somali girls as a group I'm only speaking of this woman in particular. Again, my apologies if this came off as Somali slander.

Most people have a past unless they're in the top 90th percentile in terms of Imaan. Making the assumption that the girl/woman you're talking to has a past isn't meant to be insulting, it's being pragmatic. It's not like she was frozen in stasis until we came along. Chaste people belong with chaste people but a lot of people, men included, want to have their cake and eat it too :manny:

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I didn't mean to slander your people based off this forum so forgive me if that is your impression. I don't know many Somali people irl so I took what was said here as representative until I see otherwise. I'm not speaking for Somali girls as a group I'm only speaking of this woman in particular. Again, my apologies if this came off as Somali slander.

No prob. Good luck.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Most people have a past unless they're in the top 90th percentile in terms of Imaan. Making the assumption that the girl/woman you're talking to has a past isn't meant to be insulting, it's being pragmatic. It's like she wasn't frozen in stasis until we came along. Chaste people belong with chaste people but a lot of people, men included, want to have their cake and eat it too :manny:

We're speaking of Somali girls that are often brought up with socially conservative values not the average westerner. The margins might live like rolling stones but I doubt the bulk are like that.

I don't have a past and I'm far from the 90th percentile of Deen. Definitely not a unicorn. Nor waiting in statis like a born yesterday Princess trope until Prince sama shows. :sass2:

But I agree with your last sentence.

We're speaking of Somali girls that are often brought up with socially conservative values not the average westerner. The margins might live like rolling stones but I doubt the bulk are like that.

I don't have a past and I'm far from the 90th percentile of Deen. Definitely not a unicorn. Nor waiting in statis like a born yesterday Princess trope until Prince sama shows. :sass2:

But I agree with your last sentence.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Being from a conservative Muslim household doesn't automatically nuke your sexual desires. The avg girl gets absolutely hounded on social media and IRL. It's a level of temptation you'd need a very good Imaan to resist, so props to those who do.

It's a given that Somali girls aren't as bad as their male counter-parts, but they're not exactly nuns either. The West corrupts all of us to some extent :wow:

Most people have a past unless they're in the top 90th percentile in terms of Imaan. Making the assumption that the girl/woman you're talking to has a past isn't meant to be insulting, it's being pragmatic. It's not like she was frozen in stasis until we came along. Chaste people belong with chaste people but a lot of people, men included, want to have their cake and eat it too :manny:
Exactly. I ain't judging by any means. I just don't want to be laughed at if I take on a woman who everybody else ran through. Again, I didn't think this would be the case but I looked at a lot of posts here and began to wonder. I think I will judge her as an individual and not blanket her based on the comments from online people I will never meet. That seems fair to me...

Tha

That's something I admire about Somali people. Even though you guys had to leave your country after civil war, you retained your culture and practices despite living among people who had their own ways. You are not perfect people but from what I have seen, the majority of you fear Allah and are righteous people. Salute.

That's something I admire about Somali people. Even though you guys had to leave your country after civil war, you retained your culture and practices despite living among people who had their own ways. You are not perfect people but from what I have seen, the majority of you fear Allah and are righteous people. Salute.
Bro if you're serious about marrying this Somali woman and you truly love her, just do it. Also, if you are committed to joining the religion of Islam I will be very happy for you and call you my brother regardless of your origins. Islam eliminates racial identity and your identity become that of a mu'min (believer in Islamic monotheism).

If your intentions are pure and lawful then may Allah S.W.T makes things easier for you in both marrying this sister and guiding you to the straight path. Peace be upon you!

Trending