A question for somalilanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
Dhageysta walaalayaal, Somaliland cannot be a scapegoat anymore, let them do their shidh. You have to crawl before you walk. When Mogadishu is an actual government and safe, then maybe they can talk to Somaliland.

I asked why people want somaliland to separate from somalia, somaliland is still technically apart of somalia that is a fact and I told you I meant no offence by it. Also my point wasn't about all that I was asking ppl why they wanted to seperate not the status of somaliland that is a distraction sis and not what I was on about. You have a right to defend yourself but from what? I was never rude to you, but you were rude to me. Anyway it doesn't matter let's not argue.

Ok fine, let's not argue I'm fasting anyway.....

:browtf:

Actually, all four reasons are pretty valid. But the most important one is the third reason. Can you name me one Isaaq president in the history of the Somali state? Just one. And don't give me bullshit like prime minister, foreign ministers and speaker of the house and other such nonsense positions. The fact that all of Somali presidents have been either Hawiye or Darood, despite those two clans being incapable of long-term thinking and leadership, is one of the greatest examples of why Isaaq should never politically engage with the south again.

The fact that Isaaq and Dir, not having a single president to represent them, despite being vastly more qualified and level-headed than either of the two clans should tell you the real problem in Somalia. While Darood and Hawiye have been playing musical chairs for decades, reducing the Somali name to less than toilet paper, destroying our sharaf and honour from Thailand to Timbuktu, Isaaq and Dir have been building peaceful and stable nations. This tribalist arrogance is why you two clans are in a mess and why you will never have stability. This coupled with a relentless aggression towards the peaceful Somalis clans of Dir, Isaaq and even the Rahanweyn/D&M.

The only way Isaaq will ever integrate with those two clans again is if Somaliland gets 50% representation in government/parliament, either president or prime minister role each election, and possibly Hargeisa being the capital. And I say this as a unionist, so god help you with hardcore secessionists.

We will never make the same mistake again. My father used to say Reer Djibouti would jokingly ask him how joining the South turn out for Isaaq.

So it's all or nothing to you? The irony of mentioning tribal arrogance, when you display it in the same message. You aren't really a unionist in my book, in fact, some secessionists are less radical and more compromising than you. You simply want to monopolize all the power.

If Darod and Hawiye don't stop messing around and don't provide a single competent politician, then I'd be willing to transfer power to whoever is most competent. I'm not looking for tribes, it's all about merit for me. Ingrained identity politics never work and the country will never function at its full potential. To reiterate, nobody should get any representation as all clans should be anonymous, it should only be thru merit and competence.

As for the capital, it should be whichever city provides the most benefits.

What makes Isaaq more qualified?

You should band together with Dir to get the numbers and gain political power, but I doubt you lot care that much.

The fact that most of Somalias activity, for lack of better word, in the south means little power for Isaaq and even Dir. The D&M have become more politically visible, they learned a lot about clan protection and allegiances, so it's possible they will become the next President.

When will Dhulbahante/Warsangeli be the next president? Do you think it will ever happen?

It can happen if they weren't tribalist children. "Waa la na xasuuqeyaa" one minute and "Somalidiidkii waynu iska caliney" the next. They can't even keep their lies straight. Just look at Gadabuursi, they consistently engage in the political process and they not only got a president, the third one in Somaliland's history, but they always get important wasiir positions. Why? Because they're not cuqdad children kola soo socda kola sii socda.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
God willing Somaliland annexes Somalia like y'all did in 60's stripping us of our statehood without giving us our fair share. President/PM from Somaliland and hargeisa as a capital. :banderas:

That would be a good argument, except Hawiye and Darood can't even get along among themselves. You guys can't even share cities among clans within the same tribe. Just because the south is more diverse clan-wise doesn't excuse short-sighted tribalism and corruption.

Well weren't there the same type of clan skirmishes in S-land as well?

God willing Somaliland annexes Somalia like y'all did in 60's stripping us of our statehood without giving us our fair share. President/PM from Somaliland and hargeisa as a capital. :banderas:

Lol so you want unity but under the name and flag of somaliland? Is that not qabyalad?

Well weren't there the same type of clan skirmishes in S-land as well?

There was a full blown war, in fact. More devastating and mean-spirited than anything that went on in the south. Then we realised killing one another isn't gonna solve anything. Our elders got together and brokered peace. We've never had a war since. Now, the only violence is relegated to periodic geeljire skirmishes in the regions of Somaliland where the law is hard to implement. Maybe, there's a lesson in there for you guys.

There will be no recognition anyway regardless of what some politicians might want. It is not worth getting too over-worked about
those kind of topics they are so mid 2000s to 2010.

I'm not overworked and I know somaliland won't gain recognition but it's not good to have our people hating eachother. Anyway I just wanted to understand why younger people who I wouldn't associate genuine tribalism with would want separation.

black

live and let die.
Shut up waryaa I didn't confuse nothing.

I'm not here to argue back and forth about what the whole world thinks.

Tell this new president of yours to come claim his autonomous region ....

We will have a welcoming party for him and cakes laid out...:siilaanyosmile:

Bring some of those Bantu Somalis so they can perform Nikko aswell :siilaanyolaugh:

You're right the world view is cemented. Insha'Allah Hargeisa will be diversified with Somali Bantus. You will be bred out of existence in no time. A native Isaaq woman cannot compete in the same way Bantu women appeal to a man's primordial nature. I can already envision it :banderas:Niiko competitions in Hargeisa with the blue and white flag soaring high and mighty.

There was a full blown war, in fact. More devastating and mean-spirited than anything that went on in the south. Then we realised killing one another isn't gonna solve anything. Our elders got together and brokered peace. We've never had a war since. Now, the only violence is relegated to periodic geeljire skirmishes in the regions of Somaliland where the law is hard to implement. Maybe, there's a lesson in there for you guys.

Yes there is, and may we gain the same success in sha Allah.

Gambar

VIP
It can happen if they weren't tribalist children. "Waa la na xasuuqeyaa" one minute and "Somalidiidkii waynu iska caliney" the next. They can't even keep their lies straight. Just look at Gadabuursi, they consistently engage in the political process and they not only got a president, the third one in Somaliland's history, but they always get important wasiir positions. Why? Because they're not cuqdad children kola soo socda kola sii socda.

I think you are being biased saxiib, cuqdad goes both ways. Whether it's kilinka shanaad, NFD, Djibouti, Somalia, Somaliland clan is protection, therefore Warsangeli (not sure about Dhulbahante) would rather stay around their clan kin Harti than be outnumbered and not protected around a bunch of Dir. Isaaq talk about cuqdad all the time and what happened during the Barre regime, and it didn't just effect you guys. Perhaps they do really feel you will carry out clan cleansing against them and enact revenge.
Basaas baa tahay :camby:

I do work for Puntland intelligence, I never denied this ina adeer. :drakewtf:

Bohol

VIP
I'm not overworked and I know somaliland won't gain recognition but it's not good to have our people hating eachother. Anyway I just wanted to understand why younger people who I wouldn't associate genuine tribalism with would want separation.

Their parents indoctrinated them, still one has to use his own brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts