400 years of somali diaspora

Will the vast majority of somalis relocate to somalia within the next 50 years??

• Yes, i believe so, somalia will be more developed than Europe within the next 50 years

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • NO, as it will never reach the standards of living they have in the west.

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i was having a convo with a few uncles of mine about my uni life,work life and career And they couldn't stop name dropping Somalia when we were discussing my future they kept bombarded me with questions like "when are you going back" "inshallah what would you bring to somalia" "Are you excited about what the future holds in somalia" and i'm sitting there like :gucciwhat: what makes you think i would ever step a foot in that shithole africa??:drakewtf:i have never been there
i have noticed that this is a common theme with most Somali elders in the west
Why do a large amount of us somali diasporas from EUROPE and USA inherently believe that within the next 20 years or so, all somalis will literally relocate.

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU, FAST FORWARD TO 2080 AND GUESS WHAT GEELJIRES??? THE POPULATION OF SOMALI DIASPORA HAS INCREASED BY 10 FOLDS :fantasia2:

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT JUST LIKE THERE WAS 400 YEARS OF SLAVERY, THERE WILL BE 400 YEARS OF SOMALI LIVING IN THE WEST:francis:

I have clocked this is one of the reasons why somali parents have failed to properly raise their children in the west, they feed us this lie that is that "this can never be ur land, don't get too comfortable, wa dull gaalayt" which leaves young somali youth hopeless and retarded:fantasia2:, they do the bare minimum to get by and don't heavily invest in their lives in the west, we need to get comfortable and realize this is our home from NOW on! and we need to treat it us such.

WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS MINDSET OF seeing the western countries we reside in as temporarily homes, Somalia is a failed state just like the rest of africa and will be for the next 400 years, EUROPE IS YOUR HOME NOW, USA IS HOME NOW, YOU CARRY THE NATIONALITY OF A WESTERN COUNTRY, ACT LIKE IT.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
In sha Allah, in the next 10-15 years, I plan to move back to Dhulki Hoyo with the family.
I'm not yet sure which part, I'm massively torn between the Jubbas and Puntland.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I want to move there but i'm not muslim and i don't want to get married so..I don't want to be killed by some angry islamists. Somalia is still my motherland and i will invest but living there..it's risky. I'll stick to Ethiopia, in Harar where my family has a house:nvjpqts:

In sha Allah, in the next 10-15 years, I plan to move back to Dhulki Hoyo with the family.
I'm not yet sure which part, I'm massively torn between the Jubbas and Puntland.
good for u mashallah
But do you agree this contagious mindset that the elders have is pretty toxic, they push it on every1, they push it on their childern they push it on somali strangers
why not push ur childern to create a life in the west and invest in it

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Let's be pragmatic: our country is dead. It cannot reach West. Even in 300 years.

A person without a land is no better than a gypsy, our Fatherland may be a shithole right now, but it's your shithole sxb. You should never turn your back on your ethnic homeland, since that is the only land on this planet where you'll always feel at home, plus you have a birth right to that land.

The Jews were expelled from their ethnic homeland for thousands of years & yet during those centuries of exile in foreign lands, they've always yearned to return to the land of their ancestors and look where they are today.

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
A person without a land is no better than gypsy, our Fatherland may be a shithole right now, but it's your shithole sxb. You should never turn your back on your ethnic homeland, since that is the only land on this planet were you'll feel at home, plus you have a birth right to that land.

The Jews were expelled from their ethnic homeland for thousands of years & yet during those centuries of exile in foreign lands, they've always yearned to return to the land of their ancestors and look where they are today.

Jews are more intelligent than most of us and they know how to keep their traditions.

Arma

VIP
good for u mashallah
But do you agree this contagious mindset that the elders have is pretty toxic, they push it on every1, they push it on their childern they push it on somali strangers
why not push ur childern to create a life in the west and invest in it

I kind of disagree, as bad as our elders can be at times, they have also done us a lot of good. Puntland would be totally different today, were it not for our wise elders.

Arma

VIP
everyone should plan to move back home, you're a guest in the west.

We are most definitely marti in the west. Its only a matter of time, before a far-right party gains victory in a Western country, then the mass forcible deportations begin.

Arma

VIP
diasporas are not trusted, there are growing anti diaspora sentiments in zoo*malia

And rightfully so. A lot of these Somali politicians, who run for office back home, from the diaspora, are poisonous, foul, and corrupt to the bone. They've got no honour, nor principles. They steal incredible amount of money, meant for the people, and wire those monies to their Swiss bank accounts.

In Sha Allah, I want to change that.

Tukraq

VIP
Europe seems like they won't have any resources in 50 years and with automization even less jobs than their currently are leading to more people on welfare, I think most somalis will go back so they can have actual opportunities in building up a nation than just doing nothing in a stagnant continent that will be passed up by Africa and Asia.

Arma

VIP
I want to move there but i'm not muslim and i don't want to get married so..I don't want to be killed by some angry islamists. Somalia is still my motherland and i will invest but living there..it's risky. I'll stick to Ethiopia, in Harar where my family has a house:nvjpqts:

Brother, you're a good guy. I pray, that you come back to the fold of Islam. The Deen is everything. If you have suffered any negative experiences of the Deen, due to the actions of Muslims, I am sorry.

I ask of you, not to judge the Deen on the actions of Muslims, humans are not meant to be trusted, we are a massed up creation. Look at the Deen for what it is, not what Muslims say and do.

so i was having a convo with a few uncles of mine about my uni life,work life and career And they couldn't stop name dropping Somalia when we were discussing my future they kept bombarded me with questions like "when are you going back" "inshallah what would you bring to somalia" "Are you excited about what the future holds in somalia" and i'm sitting there like :gucciwhat: what makes you think i would ever step a foot in that shithole africa??:drakewtf:i have never been there
i have noticed that this is a common theme with most Somali elders in the west
Why do a large amount of us somali diasporas from EUROPE and USA inherently believe that within the next 20 years or so, all somalis will literally relocate.

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU, FAST FORWARD TO 2080 AND GUESS WHAT GEELJIRES??? THE POPULATION OF SOMALI DIASPORA HAS INCREASED BY 10 FOLDS :fantasia2:

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT JUST LIKE THERE WAS 400 YEARS OF SLAVERY, THERE WILL BE 400 YEARS OF SOMALI LIVING IN THE WEST:francis:

I have clocked this is one of the reasons why somali parents have failed to properly raise their children in the west, they feed us this lie that is that "this can never be ur land, don't get too comfortable, wa dull gaalayt" which leaves young somali youth hopeless and retarded:fantasia2:, they do the bare minimum to get by and don't heavily invest in their lives in the west, we need to get comfortable and realize this is our home from NOW on! and we need to treat it us such.

WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS MINDSET OF seeing the western countries we reside in as temporarily homes, Somalia is a failed state just like the rest of africa and will be for the next 400 years, EUROPE IS YOUR HOME NOW, USA IS HOME NOW, YOU CARRY THE NATIONALITY OF A WESTERN COUNTRY, ACT LIKE IT.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1-Uncontrollable-Laughter-Gif.gif

Sxb i went back 2 times in the last 4 years and things are on track for me to permanently resettle there this year.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Brother, you're a good guy. I pray, that you come back to the fold of Islam. The Deen is everything. If you have suffered any negative experiences of the Deen, due to the actions of Muslims, I am sorry.

I ask of you, not to judge the Deen on the actions of Muslims, humans are not meant to be trusted, we are a massed up creation. Look at the Deen for what it is, not what Muslims say and do.

Thanks but i'm good, i think brother! I made my choice and never i will go back but i don't hate any religion, i just don't care now

Every immigrant has this mindset, and I don't see the problem with it. You will always be a guest in the west no matter how well integrated you are. Most of my friends are white and they have good lives, I live a good life also, and they treat me as their own. But deep down, even though I'm practically integrated, I feel there is something missing. When I visited Somaliland, I felt home, truly. Amongst my people, every person looks like me, surrounded by family. And I understood how my friends felt all the time. Like I could die there and feel content. I don't want to die on this soil.

That's why I hustle like a madman, to get that money and live like a baron back home. I want to own lands, properties and things of that nature.

I love Norway. People here are nice, and there are lots of opportunities to build businesses and such. I will take advantage of that and you should also where you live. If every diaspora Somali help contribute and build, then the place won't be a shithole for long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts