‘I want custody, I want to control the situation,’ I’m going to call the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP

During his 20 years as a criminal defence lawyer, Joseph Neuberger has defended more than 400 cases involving charges arising from domestic relationships. Many, he says, relate to separation and bitter family court battles.

“Over the past 10 years, I have noticed an increase in the prevalence of these types of offences with a disturbing trend to use the criminal process as a quick means to obtain exclusive possession of the matrimonial home and thwart custody and access to the children of the relationships,” says Neuberger.

“I have successfully established fabrication in at least 15 per cent of the cases with very clear contradictions in evidence, including differences in affidavit evidence tendered in the family court proceedings.

Yet not one case resulted in charges being laid against the complainant.”

The absence of witnesses makes prosecution of false allegations difficult. While Neuberger emphasizes the need to take legitimate cases seriously, he worries there isn’t much in place to prevent a spouse from fabricating an allegation.

It’s a trend Murray Maltz, who has been practising family law for 27 years, has also noticed. But there are no studies, no way to quantify the problem, and, most troubling, no solutions at hand.

When someone makes a complaint, police must lay charges.

In family litigation, a criminal charge is like a red flag even when the case is still before the court. Additionally, the introduction of the criminal process can throw a wrench into any friendly resolution of the matter.

“So if you want to play the game, ‘I want custody, I want to control the situation,’ often people will take the position, ‘I’m going to call the police,’” says Maltz.

Immediately, the accused leaves the home and can’t communicate with the spouse and the children or come within a certain distance of the house. That makes the issues of custody and access more difficult.

As a result, according to lawyers, the spouse making the allegation has an edge in the case. With exclusive access, the children themselves could become pawns in the case.

https://www.lawtimesnews.com/author/na/lawyers-alarmed-at-criminal-charges-in-family-cases-9383/

@Mercury @AussieHustler @Knowles @VixR

Husbands have been wrongly accused of domestic abuse after changes to legal aid rules, a charity has warned.

Figures show that there has been a significant rise in applications for non-molestation orders, which are granted in urgent abuse cases.

Parent advocacy group Families need Fathers said that in some cases parents were encouraged to allege abuse in order to be granted an order, which then allows them to access legal aid funding.

The law was changed in 2012 to remove legal aid for family court cases, except where abuse is involved.

The statistics, obtained following Freedom of Information requests by the group, show that the number of orders made in England and Wales has risen by 30 per cent since 2011.

Most of the orders are applied for by women, with more than 22,000 granted in 2017 compared to less than 2,000 which were applied for by men.

A spokesman for Families need Fathers said that in some cases the order can be made when the respondent is not present, and they are likely to be unrepresented by a lawyer and may not understand its its implications.

"A lot of people are coming to us through our support groups who have received documents through the post, they don't really understand the significance of them and if they don't act they make mistakes.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ed-abuse-changes-legal-aid-rules-charity/amp/

37E0E37A-3F9B-4B50-826C-7F772781DEC2.png

https://www.verywellmind.com/false-domestic-abuse-claims-4100660

Last edited:
Cognitive

Still on your “jihad” path against women!!!

Who is this lawyer admitting to “fabrication” of evidences? These are the sort of stuff that the racist and misogynistic men groups like the “Proud Boys” would write. No lawyer in their right mind would incriminate themselves and write such thrash. Or, was he convicted of domestic abuse and lost his license to practice law?

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Cognitive

Still on your “jihad” path against women!!!

Who is this lawyer admitting to “fabrication” of evidences? These are the sort of stuff that the racist and misogynists men groups like the “Proud Boys” would write. No lawyer in their right mind would incriminate themselves and write such thrash. Or, was he convicted of domestic abuse and lost his license to practice law?

Don't shoot the messenger :lolbron:

I love women i love my hooyo macaan i love the women in my family wallahi i would give my life to protect their honour boowe i can assure you its a case of mistaken identity i dont hate women

Don't shoot the messenger :lolbron:

I love women i love my hooyo macaan i love the women in my family wallahi i would give my life to protect their honour boowe i can assure you its a case of mistaken identity i dont hate women

Cognitive

As I thought, he was charged with domestic abuse, but played well a great game to turn the tables and manipulate the system on his behalf and smartly implicate her. Why doesn’t he want to go to lay charges against her? What does she know? What is he hiding? Do you’ve a good man unlawfully charged with domestic abuse? No. Good and respectable men cherish their wives and families. Qashinka soo uruuri.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Cognitive

As I thought, he was charged with domestic abuse, but played well a great game to turn the tables manipulate the system and implicate her. Why doesn’t he want to go to lay charges against her? What does she know? Do you’ve a good man unlawfully charged with domestic abuse? No. Good respect and cherish their wives and families. Qashinka soo uruuri.
The man who wrote the article and the man in the video are two different people boowe i guess desperate times calls for desperate measures:chrisfreshhah:

I don't think it's anti-woman to be for fathers being in the home. As far as things being done to remove fathers being removed from the home, it is a serious thing and worthy of being talked about. It's a serious matter.

Muji

VIP
Looks like we are on cloud cuckoo land again with the resident forum idiot.

In all honesty, not seeing your kids is a white mans problem. Most Somali men freely choose to leave their kids and walk out on them. Wallahi I know a barrister who deals with child custody hearings and he said most Somali men don’t even show up to court when this is discussed.

You are presenting a fantasy land, where Somali men want custody of their kids, so they can be responsible for their care.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Looks like we are on cloud cuckoo land again with the resident forum idiot.

In all honesty, not seeing your kids is a white mans problem. Most Somali men freely choose to leave their kids and walk out on them. Wallahi I know a barrister who deals with child custody hearings and he said most Somali men don’t even show up to court when this is discussed.

You are presenting a fantasy land, where Somali men want custody of their kids, so they can be responsible for their care.
Just because your father doesnt care about you and your male family members abandon their kids it does not mean you should tar all somali men with the same brush, not all somali men are like the men in your family abaayo macaan, most somali fathers love their children and fight tooth and nail to be in their childrens life.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
I don’t believe women are saints, but neither are men. If anything, at least women aren’t a hazard to the physical lives of men, like men are to women. But that’s pretty much where the buck stops. The fact that she’s manipulative enough to use lying about being beaten by her husband as a tool against him, doesn’t make it a typical threat in a male-female relationship. It’s the opposite. The reason she’s able to make such a threat is precisely because it’s commonplace enough to be believable. That’s why I’m glad he had evidence.

Your story on the other hand, is bullshit. Either that, or it’s entirely misconstrued/incomplete.

@VixR you are clearly bias

29906170001_5786329194001_5786328389001-vs.jpg

Elissa Ennis testified that she lied to police about being hit by 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster and that her domestic violence accusation, "was all a money scheme," according to Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group.
TIME
Reuben Foster was not the only one wronged by the false domestic violence allegations made against him.

By accusing the San Francisco 49ers linebacker out of spite and greed, ex-girlfriend Elissa Ennis hurt every person who has been a victim of domestic violence and endangered those who will be in the future. She has made the job of police officers and prosecutors harder.

On May 12, in fact, 2009 U.S. Open champion Lucas Glover’s wife was arrested on domestic battery charges. According to the police report, Krista Glover berated her husband for his play in the third round of The Players Championship, then attacked his mother when she tried to intervene.

But despite the progress that’s been made in the last four years, there are still too many people who doubt domestic violence victims or question their motivations. Too many women – and men – who don’t come forward because they fear they won’t be believed. Too many law enforcement officials who don’t pursue or drop cases because they know how hard it’s going to be to convince a jury without a Rice-like videotape.

None of that is right, but it remains the reality. And Ennis, who admitted during a hearing last week that she made up the accusations against Foster because she was mad he was breaking up with her, has made it worse.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/638807002

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
@VixR when you say women are not a hazard to the physical lives of men, thats a blatantly lie.

Woman kills husband at Walmart parking lot in front of 3 children, police say
A woman in Louisiana fatally shot her husband at a Walmart parking lot while three children were present.

The Alexandria Police Department (APD) responded to reports of shots fired at Walmart on 8 September, around 11.15am, and found a 30-year-old man lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to the chest.

the release of the name of the victim until all family members had been notified.

APD initially identified the suspect as 31-year-old Kayla Coutee, who was reportedly still on the scene when officers arrived before she was taken into custody. She has since been identified as the victim’s wife; the suspect and her husband were meeting to exchange

The suspect was arrested and reportedly charged with second degree murder. She was then transported and booked at the Rapides Parish Detention Centre. A spokesman with the Rapides Parish Detention Centre told The Independent that Ms Coutee was booked as Kayla Jean Giles. It is not known if she has yet been assigned a lawyer or given an opportunity to enter a plea.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/walmart-muder-husband-wife-children-louisiana-alexandria-a8531271.html?amp

Woman kills partner by pouring hot water on him

A 57-year-old woman admitted in a German court on Monday to having killed her partner with boiling water so as to “teach him a lesson” because of an alleged affair.

The woman, who has not been identified under Germany’s strict privacy laws, acted out of jealousy when she doused her partner with boiling water one night in a bedroom, prosecutors told the court in the southern German city of Ingolstadt.

The 47-year-old man died a few days later as a result of the burns he suffered in the incident, which affected about 70 per cent of his body.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/07/23/woman-kills-partner-by-pouring-hot-water-on-him/

Woman kills boyfriend, cooks body parts with rice and serves it to Pakistani workers

rice-with-meat-traditional-dish-gettyimages-1200.jpg

When a group of Pakistani workers in the United Arab Emirates were offered a feast of Machboos — a traditional dish made with rice and meat — they didn’t know it contained a unique ingredient — human meat. A 30-year-old Moroccan woman has now confessed to butchering her boyfriend, mincing his remains and feeding them to construction workers.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/indi...y-and-cooks-it-with-rice-in-uae-5457611/lite/

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Stop False Allegations of Domestic Violence
Help us stop false allegations of domestic violence. Keep our children from hurting because of lies
We, the undersigned, are writing in hopes of bringing to your attention a dire misjustice that is occuring in our state as well as many others across the US. Laws inacted to protect the victims of the vile crime of domestic violence are being misused by both citizens as well as law enforcement, and in this process innocent men's lives are being destroyed. In most states, the burden of proof is being thrown out and the simple word of the acuser is being taken without question, many times without the accused even being allowed to speak. True victims of domestic violence, some of whose names you will find below, find this to be deplorable. Not only can a woman falsely accuse a man of domestic violence without fear of consequence, but the accused man has no voice against her. The accuser can be a mentally disturbed individual using such laws to exact her revenge against a man who simply does not want to be in a relationship anymore, and her word is automatically taken, even when no evidence is in place. The man in such cases is automatically arrested, injunctions are automatically set in place, and even if he is able to prove his innocence in court he has lost months of his life due to the fact that she cried wolf. Worse yet are the cases of these innocent men who are poor and have no means to hire private attorneys. Their public defenders assume they are guilty and therefore do only the bare necessities to be their legal voice.We are not in any way asking for a revocation of the laws that protect true victims of domestic violence. Our wish is that these laws be revisited and indications made to to allow for criminal and civil prosecution when someone, whether male or female, has misused these laws in a vindictive and cunning way. We also would ask that law enforcement officers, public attorneys, and judges be forced to recognize the precept that the accused is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately, in the cases of domestic violence accusations, the opposite is true. An example of this is that of a 20 year old Florida resident who made the bond that was set for him, only to be picked up the very next day without provocation. The acuser in this case simply told the court she was afraid. He had done nothing in terms of trying to contact her or see her, and was not without several witnesses the few short hours he was free. Something must be done to prevent those who would lie about being a victim of domestic violence from continuing to do so. If it is not, our prisons will be overrun with innocent men and our streets will be controlled by the women who sent them there.

https://www.petition2congress.com/ctas/stop-false-allegations-domestic-violence

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
I thought you hated Samaale men? What’s the matter did you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror habibti?
Where have i said i hate samaale men? Theres nothing you can say to me that will silence me abaayo macaan you will not shame me into silence.

Just because your father is trash and your male relatives are trash in your view it does not mean you should tar all somali men with the same brush sweery ma garatey

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
@Cognitivedissonance
You’re very weird and intent on making men as a block victims on any plane you can conceive of. You’ve gotten to the point of arguing against the stats on spousal killing. Forget plastering a wall with random murders, we’re all aware of the stats, and I personally know (3) incidents of husbands killing their wives, ex wives, girlfriends.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
@Cognitivedissonance Did you lose custody of your children this weekend?
:faysalwtf:
Very disappointed at you wallahi utterly despicable, im raising awarness of a very serious issue thats reeking havoc within the somali diaspora community if you cant pluck up the courage nor have the testicular fortitude to discuss this pressing issue then why come on this thread to throw your excrement at me?

Status
Not open for further replies.