Why Light skinned women are superior to Dark skinned women: A thread

Honestly, a good facial structure is attractive in any skin tone and with any hair texture or adjoining "unique" features like epicanthic folds found among East Asians and groups like the Khoisan.

Just take a look at this young lady, for example:

zQebUKg.jpg

She's quite dark yet undeniably beautiful. Why? Well, she's got a good facial structure. Defined and well-developed jawline, straight teeth, non-gummy smile, prominent chin, high cheek-bones, good symmetry... these sorts of features alongside others like even higher cheekbones and hollow cheeks (the modelesque look) occur everywhere in the world if someone wins the developmental lottery and looks how a Human ideally should look and once you have these features down things like your skin tone, hair color, eye color, epicanthics or no epicanthics, hair texture or whatever else may as well be little embellishments at best. Most folks looking at such a person will find them pleasing to the eye.

That girl is prettier than every single light skin half-breed look alike. I don't take colourism serious from Somalis because this girl's phenotype represents the absolute apex of Somali beauty.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That girl is prettier than every single light skin half-breed look alike. I don't take colourism serious from Somalis because this girl's phenotype represents the absolute apex of Somali beauty.
You can still be light skin with extremely sharp features and be Somali. We don't have a cadaan iyo madow aesthetic that you see represented in Zendaya. That is a permutation you'd get with a biracial that's Western European and Niger-Congo.
:kanyeshrug:Somalis are certainly featurist perhaps more so but they are still colourist. Let us not lie to ourselves. They expect sharp features and a somewhat lighter skin tone in equal measure specifically on women.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You can still be light skin with extremely sharp features and be Somali. We don't have a cadaan iyo madow aesthetic that you see represented in Zendaya. That is a permutation you'd get with a biracial that's Western European and Niger-Congo.
:kanyeshrug:Somalis are certainly featurist perhaps more so but they are still colourist. Let us not lie to ourselves. They expect sharp features and a somewhat lighter skin tone in equal measure specifically on women.
I've seen your teasers. You a light-skin gal. We need to ship you back to Waqooyi and get you tanning into a nomadess stat.

6va921G.jpg

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I dont care about skin, the most stunning female I seen in Somalia was darkskinned I shukaansied her in her sandaqad store and got her number , turns out she was married lol. I love darkskinned females the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I dont care about skin, the most stunning female I seen in Somalia was darkskinned I shukaansied her in her sandaqad store and got her number , turns out she was married lol. I love darkskinned females the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice.
She was a married Soomaali lady and gave you her number after obvious shukaansi? I hope you tracked down and informed her husband.

:lolbron:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
She was a married Soomaali lady and gave you her number after obvious shukaansi? I hope you tracked down and informed her husband.

:lolbron:
Nah, I dont want to destroy families, she probably was in abusive relationship, she had kids though I would never destroy a Somali family. Marriage is sacred in Islam.

True, but I honestly don't think she would've looked as emblematic or archetypal of Somali beauty to me. If that same girl was light or even brown-skinned, she honestly wouldn't be as attractive to me.

I can obviously recognize lighter-skinned Somalis as Somali, but I find the pervasive 'racially ambiguous' look unattractive. I don't know if it's the style or what, but that dark skin woman there is a phenotype I oddly enough don't come across too often irl. The dark skin just compliments it that much more.

Whereas these types seem comparatively super common.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I've seen your teasers. You a light-skin gal. We need to ship you back to Waqooyi and get you tanning into a nomadess stat.

6va921G.jpg
When I was a kid I wanted to be darker. And I specifically tan because I like that aesthetic. That's because I didn't get social conditioning as a child and instead opted for what I thought was more naturally attractive (free of cultural influences). I find darker skin looks better on everyone. Why do you think cadaans tan so much? Because it accentuates one's features for the better.

I think it looks good to see two tall dark-skinned Somalis together. :mjhaps:An excess of melanin looks beautiful especially when they are conventionally attractive. That match-up looks best.
True, but I honestly don't think she would've looked as emblematic or archetypal of Somali beauty to me. If that same girl was light or even brown-skinned, she honestly wouldn't be as attractive to me.

I can obviously recognize lighter-skinned Somalis as Somali, but I find the pervasive 'racially ambiguous' look unattractive. I don't know if it's the style or what, but that dark skin woman there is a phenotype I oddly enough don't come across too often irl. The dark skin just compliments it that much more.

Whereas these types seem comparatively super common.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have actually seen human-sculpture-looking Somalis on every side of the colour spectrum.

Men of the same race/ethnicity have darker skin than women of the same race/ethnicity due to sexual dimorphism. Lighter woman than man is just natural order of things. :mjdontkno:

Most people can look like an 8/10 if they mildly groom themselves. Anyone caught in the weeds about skin color and level of attractiveness or trying to counter the tweets dumb and racist comments with similar dumb and racist comments thrown at light skinned people then you're no better, in fact is better if you don't go into relationships.

Trending

Latest posts