What does the quran say about earth Shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't highlight anything quite honestly. you quoted him out of context and gave no refutation. You basically just said this an acceptable fact anyone questioning it is wrong by default. Nothing in science is ever settled , everything is a theory and until better theory comes along.

Wrong, Apparently we can see a horizon 5 miles a way , so in 5 miles its a enough carvature to see a ship disappear. Yet we cannot detect that curve over 10 miles? For we have uninterrupted 5 miles to our right and 5 miles to our left. We should see enough curvature to hide 2 ships, but we don't. So if we can see a curve over 5 miles , why cant we see one over 10 miles?

Why haven't we ever seen curved water before? If the earth bends water in to a sphere around it and it was to freeze suddenly we should see a hump in the water, shouldn't we? So why is that when Lake Baikal in Siberia freezes over it is one of the flatest places on earth? Despite being 395 miles long and 49 miles wide. There should be hump in the middle of it being nearly 20 miles high. Why haven't we ever seen curved water?

No calling the scientist retard is an insult ,saaxiib.

Because when a person is on an object that's exponentially larger than itself, that object will appear to the person as a wide flat expanse, no matter what it's true shape. Saaxib this isn't even up for debate - because by saying there's a debate you're lending respect to the other side and I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to take a Flat earth believer seriously.

Because when a person is on an object that's exponentially larger than itself, that object will appear to the person as a wide flat expanse, no matter what it's true shape. Saaxib this isn't even up for debate - because by saying there's a debate you're lending respect to the other side and I'm sorry, but it's for me to take a Flat earth believer seriously.

If that was true we were small creatures and there is curvature and we cannot see it across our vision. Then why is there no such thing as a curved water ever been detected. Especially if it were to suddenly freeze, we should see a hump in the water. So why is that when Lake Baikal in Siberia freezes over it is one of the flatest places on earth? Despite being 395 miles long and 49 miles wide. There should be hump in the middle of it being nearly 20 miles high. Why haven't we ever seen curved water?

Nothing in science is ever settled, everything in science exist as a theory that only stand until a better theory comes along that better measures observations. It silly to say its not a debate when science is about debating, every perspective be respected as it has potential to overthrow the existing model.

When science refuses to even entertain alternative views and theories then it stops being science and it becomes a religion, something you sir detest ironically.

You didn't highlight anything quite honestly. you quoted him out of context and gave no refutation. You basically just said this an acceptable fact anyone questioning it is wrong by default. Nothing in science is ever settled , everything is a theory and until better theory comes along.

Wrong, Apparently we can see a horizon 5 miles a way , so in 5 miles its a enough carvature to see a ship disappear. Yet we cannot detect that curve over 10 miles? For we have uninterrupted 5 miles to our right and 5 miles to our left. We should see enough curvature to hide 2 ships, but we don't. So if we can see a curve over 5 miles , why cant we see one over 10 miles?

Why haven't we ever seen curved water before? If the earth bends water in to a sphere around it and it was to freeze suddenly we should see a hump in the water, shouldn't we? So why is that when Lake Baikal in Siberia freezes over it is one of the flatest places on earth? Despite being 395 miles long and 49 miles wide. There should be hump in the middle of it being nearly 20 miles high. Why haven't we ever seen curved water?

No calling the scientist retard is an insult ,saaxiib.

I need some of that shit you're smoking... I am done, waste of both of our time. I wont be able to convince you, you wont be able to convince me. Just like arguing with a believer. Pointless and waste of time.

Because when a person is on an object that's exponentially larger than itself, that object will appear to the person as a wide flat expanse, no matter what it's true shape. Saaxib this isn't even up for debate - because by saying there's a debate you're lending respect to the other side and I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to take a Flat earth believer seriously.

brother dont be blind. why is that earth seems Flat from 4300meters?.

If that was true we were small creatures and there is curvature and we cannot see it across our vision. Then why is there no such thing as a curved water ever been detected. Especially if it were to suddenly freeze, we should see a hump in the water. So why is that when Lake Baikal in Siberia freezes over it is one of the flatest places on earth? Despite being 395 miles long and 49 miles wide. There should be hump in the middle of it being nearly 20 miles high. Why haven't we ever seen curved water?

Nothing in science is ever settled, everything in science exist as a theory that only stand until a better theory comes along that better measures observations. It silly to say its not a debate when science is about debating, every perspective be respected as it has potential to overthrow the existing model.

When science refuses to even entertain alternative views and theories then it stops being science and it becomes a religion, something you sir detest ironically.

We haven't seen curved water precisely for the reason I stated earlier we'd have to be exponentially larger organisms to see such a curvature. There are also simple experiments which prove the Earth is spherical (or near spherical) in shape. Moreover we now have the ability to transcend above our atmosphere and into space so whilst you and I haven't seen the Earth from the moon for instance others have and none have thus far testified the Earth to be flat. Theory in the scientific context is alot more conclusive than you make out. Germ theory for instance we'd all agree is certain to be true and yet it's called a theory. Science is governed on the principle of falsifiability and will only entertain alternative views so long as there's some evidence and it hasn't been falsified. The moment a hypothesis is falsified it's thrown out and flat earth model has been falsified long ago so no saaxib, there's no debate on the matter.

We haven't seen curved water precisely for the reason I stated earlier we'd have to be exponentially larger organisms to see such a curvature. There are also simple experiments which prove the Earth is spherical (or near spherical) in shape. Moreover we now have the ability to transcend above our atmosphere and into space so whilst you and I haven't seen the Earth from the moon for instance others have and none have thus far testified the Earth to be flat. Theory in the scientific context is alot more conclusive than you make out. Germ theory for instance we'd all agree is certain to be true and yet it's called a theory. Science is governed on the principle of falsifiability and will only entertain alternative views so long as there's some evidence and it hasn't been falsified. The moment a hypothesis is falsified it's thrown out and flat earth model has been falsified long ago so no saaxib, there's no debate on the matter.

We would see still see carvature in long distance froozen water, but we dont. Easily viable to prove we dont have to be small or big to detect humps on ice water.

Same people who testify can't give you proof from space other than fake photoshoped composite images, which even NASA admits to is not real.

The bottom line theory is not law. Its just an indepth explanation of observation. Theory only exist until another theory comes along which accurately measures our observations. It is true.... until another theory comes along.

There is difference between entertaining and accepting a thought. You can entertain something without accepting it.
Currently the hypothesis of "dark energy" is being entertained as a possible explanation for the observed acceleration observed in the cosmos. The hypothesis has not yet reached the level where it is held as a fact. You can either allow testing lead you to keep the hypothesis around or to reject it as falsified. You can never get to that point if you never even entertain it to begin with and science demands you entertain every perspective with & treat it with respect as it has to possibility to overturn the existing model.

Its ironic that you are against religion, yet here you are treating science as such.

Last edited:
This is the biggest joke that I have come across on this forum. There are some things you simply cannot debate.

come and debate whit me. bring ur proofs and i will bring mine. acdc really nigga? the The_cosmos lmao u made whole new account to speak to me lmao

This is the biggest joke that I have come across on this forum. There are some things you simply cannot debate.

u seem to be proud of urself ''The Somali Atheist'' damn man im already disappointed in you..tell me the story of adam and eve what happend after they ate the forbidden tree?? all the atheists in this stand up and give me answers!!

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
come and debate whit me. bring ur proofs and i will bring mine. acdc really nigga? the The_cosmos lmao u made whole new account to speak to me lmao

What you on about mate?!
:umwhat:

I won't get into a debate but I'll just post some images that was taken by NASA of Earth from outer space.

image.jpeg

This image was taken from the international space station.

image.jpeg

This image was taken from the moon by a rover that was studying the moon. The Earth is rising in this picture.

ahahahahaahha this dumb nigga man u dont deserve my time. ur giving me these fake CGI photos that are made in a fucking basement. they(nasa) already told y its fake.. u understand that?

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
u seem to be proud of urself ''The Somali Atheist'' damn man im already disappointed in you..tell me the story of adam and eve what happend after they ate the forbidden tree?? all the atheists in this stand up and give me answers!!

Adam and Eve is a fake story that was stolen from ancient mythology.

You're clearly a troll and I won't get myself too wound up with you. A guy who believes the Earth is flat has no right to be disappointed in me. Saxib, go back to school.

:kanyeshrug:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
ahahahahaahha this dumb nigga man u dont deserve my time. ur giving me these fake CGI photos that are made in a fucking basement. they(nasa) already told y its fake.. u understand that?

Could you show me where NASA said it was fake?

:hemad: Did you just claim it is CGI made in a basement? Do you have any evidence???

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Watch the video that explains in 5mins.''

Lol, I've watched the video like an hour ago and you've definitely drank the koolaid. There's no hope for you.
:lolbron:

You know when you think about it, the number of people who could have lived exceed the sand grains of Arabia. We could have had geniuses the world has never seen before and breakthroughs that exceed our own imagination, but what do we get? We get flat Earthers. Sometimes I wonder if there is a God because nature can't create this much stupid.

Last post from me to you.

Alonze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending