The real benefit of the Turkish base in Somalia

Those numbers would put Somalia well into the top 5 for oil reserves. Every source I’ve checked says anywhere up to 100 billion for the 245 blocks in Somalia’s territory. Lawlessness and poor governance allows these nations to do whatever. How does building Somalia’s navy/army serve Italy/US/Turkey and the other nations mentioned ? It’s a free military base in a strategic position which will give them more leverage against the gulf nations. Look at how many bases there are in Djibouti.
That figure of 100 billion though is just the offshore oil reserves alone. Not everything.

Those numbers would put Somalia well into the top 5 for oil reserves. Every source I’ve checked says anywhere up to 100 billion for the 245 blocks in Somalia’s territory. Lawlessness and poor governance allows these nations to do whatever. How does building Somalia’s navy/army serve Italy/US/Turkey and the other nations mentioned ? It’s a free military base in a strategic position which will give them more leverage against the gulf nations. Look at how many bases there are in Djibouti.
And Somaliland too has over two billion barrels of oil according to a recent estimate.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
The turks intend to rebuild the sna for their own gain. They are playing villa somalia like a flute.

they want an strong african ally capable of suppressing sovereign armies. They want to loot africa like the west, Somalia is their ally in this endeavor perhaps libya to.
If that's the case, I am all for Somalia being "colonized" by Turkey. In the end, Somalia will end up as one strong nation in Africa.

The only thing we need to do to get the arms embargo lifted is reconciliation.
Looking at Libya, the arms embargo was there since 2011. Turkey, Russia and the UAE are blatantly violating it by delivering weapons to their local allies. There are no earth-shaking alarms going off in the UN. It is about interests. If Turkey wanted it could deliver modern weapons to the SNA. It all depends on what is their long-term plans in Somalia.

The only thing we need to do to get the arms embargo lifted is reconciliation. At this point it doesn’t matter if it is real or not get it done. We can unite some other day in the meantime our neighbors need a refresher course on the Somali National Army. We cannot wait for everyone to come to the table, if you don’t participate change will come forcefully.

It amazes me to see that the first thing that comes to the minds of many Somalis (at least on sspot) after the recovery of the state of Somalia is war with their neighbours. :ftw9nwa: Amazing and beyond belief how people never learn! How about investing in education, infrastructure, health and leaving a better country for the next generation?
:snoop:

It amazes me to see that the first thing that comes to the minds of many Somalis (at least on sspot) after the recovery of the state of Somalia is war with their neighbours. :ftw9nwa: Amazing and beyond belief how people never learn! How about investing in education, infrastructure, health and leaving a better country for the next generation?
I don't blame them. A large portion of Somali territory is being held by the imperialistic Habesha.

I don't blame them. A large portion of Somali territory is being held by the imperialistic Habesha.

Territory is meaningless if you are not developing it. The question is what are you doing with what you have already? Why do you need more? For what?

Territory is meaningless if you are not developing it. The question is what are you doing with what you have already? Why do you need more? For what?
The supposition was based on Somalia having already recovered.

What kinds of stupid questions are those? The territory belongs to Somali not imperialistic Habesha.

The supposition was based on Somalia having already recovered.

What kinds of stupid questions are those? The territory belongs to Somali not imperialistic Habesha.

So what? Why try to destroy the territory you already have in hopes to gain more? You know it could back fire and you may even lose what you think you already have. My point is there are many territorial disputes in the world but still many countries manage to avoid war. Somalis should chose this path.

So what? Why try to destroy the territory you already have in hopes to gain more? You know it could back fire and you may even lose what you think you already have. My point is there are many territorial disputes in the world but still many countries manage to avoid war. Somalis should chose this path.
They already have the right to it so this whole discussion is unneeded.

There's no reason to destroy. Habeshas can give back the land that doesn't belong to them.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP

who said anything about war?

i meant military drills in the uninhabited regions. Showcasing what the sna is capable of. This cannot be done with an arms embargo. I have learned from putin that it is of no importance to join the arms race. Just develop an systme that is capable of defending the homeland.Have drills to showcase you are battle ready, pop some random missle practice. Show force without even touching their sovereignty.

this is the way to go. Let everyone on the block know who they are dealing with if provoked.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
If that's the case, I am all for Somalia being "colonized" by Turkey. In the end, Somalia will end up as one strong nation in Africa.

Looking at Libya, the arms embargo was there since 2011. Turkey, Russia and the UAE are blatantly violating it by delivering weapons to their local allies. There are no earth-shaking alarms going off in the UN. It is about interests. If Turkey wanted it could deliver modern weapons to the SNA. It all depends on what is their long-term plans in Somalia.

my opinion on this matter is that certain members of the un security council are firmly against any development for somalia.

remeber when the uae delivered some good weaponry and the un went crazy.

some have a special kind of hate for somalia.

if ankara would give xamar heavy weaponry needed to tip the scale in the war against as, the ic would go crazy. Kenya would immediately cry to their master the uk, this would only set us back.

What do you mean more land? It is already our land. You dont even know if youre talking to a Somali from those occupied regions, you sound ridiculous. We view all of it as our country.

If they are our allies let them lobby for us in the UN and remove this crippling arms sanctions!
Let’s face it. They are here for their own interest like everyone else.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I believe if the US and Turkey come to an agreement about the direction Somalia should go, the UN would not matter.

Turkey needs access to ocean openness of Somalia for its missile testings and space program. It already builds advanced satellites but has no domestic way to deliver them to orbit yet.

These niggas are for real.

Elon Musk was in Ankara in 2017 to discuss with Erdogan possible joint projects between SpaceX and the Turkish aerospace firms. Turkey wants its own space rockets though. Somalia can offer a launching site to Turkey.

Here is the Turkish-built military reconnaissance and surveillance satellite Göktürk 2 put in space in 2012!
Reconnaissance and surveillance satellite Göktürk 2.JPG

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
I believe if the US and Turkey come to an agreement about the direction Somalia should go, the UN would not matter.

Turkey needs access to ocean openness of Somalia for its missile testings and space program. It already builds advanced satellites but has no domestic way to deliver them to orbit yet.

These niggas are for real.

Elon Musk was in Ankara in 2017 to discuss with Erdogan possible joint projects between SpaceX and the Turkish aerospace firms. Turkey wants its own space rockets though. Somalia can offer a launching site to Turkey.

Here is the Turkish-built military reconnaissance and surveillance satellite Göktürk 2 put in space in 2012!
View attachment 123206
Somalia's located on the equator that's why it's a suitable launch site similar to how NASA launches from Florida's Kennedy Space Station. That said I doubt Turkey is thinking about launching rockets from Jubboyinka.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer

Open as many Jail Ogadens as you want. As long as you don't try to settle the land that is Somali and give majority of the resources to Somali state. We won't fight you. Development over war. The West will never allow Somali state to be cut off nor Oromia nor Tigray or any seccesionist state in Ethiopia. Secondly, African Union won't even entertain it. As it will open Pandora's box in Africa. That's another reason Somaliland won't get recognized as well. Change ethnic federalism and you'll have another '77 war on your hands. Tell that to your Ethiopian intelligence higher ups.

:manny:

And this coming from someone whose ancestors conquered you twice.

:yousmart:

What do you mean more land? It is already our land. You dont even know if youre talking to a Somali from those occupied regions, you sound ridiculous. We view all of it as our country.
Read again, my point is don't destroy the land you already control in hopes to control more. War is destruction nothing else. You not only destroy others you will be also destroyed. That is my point.

Trending

Latest posts