The real benefit of the Turkish base in Somalia

Wtf did the Gulf Arabs do for us?

Undermine our unity
prevent drilling our oil
Funds terrorism in our country
Told the US to stop supporting Somalia
Called Somali nationalism a “Cancer” during the Ogaden war and always backstabbing us

@Mehdi Hassan You really don’t know what your talking about
How did they undermine unity? Or prevent oil drilling? And fund terrorism? Unless you mean Qatar. They have the potential to be better allies than the Turks.

We should learn from Tunisia and Algeria on how to conduct ourselves as an independent country. They don't bootyclap for the Turks, but cooperate strategically with them for everybody's benefit.

The Turkish arms are getting traction now for being modern and reliable. It is another win for us if Somalia and Turkey decide to take cooperation to the next level.
I wont mind if we get a couple of Bayraktar tb2 drones so that we finish off shabaab in a month ,it costs only $5 million dollars and Turks will train our boys how to hunt down terrorists :diddyass:
103F2351-FAA2-4622-AB1F-74BD22FC4BDA.jpeg
E32DDFAF-C983-4BA9-AA3F-6ECE9145E3E0.jpeg

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
The turks intend to rebuild the sna for their own gain. They are playing villa somalia like a flute.

they want an strong african ally capable of suppressing sovereign armies. They want to loot africa like the west, Somalia is their ally in this endeavor perhaps libya to.

it is all a long game they are playing. The west has joined the effort with the exemption of a few europeans who hate us like Britain and France. The second ethiopia falls somalia will rise. Even the gulf arabs have joined by creating the red sea council. Everyone in the region knows that somalia is about the return to the block. Hence why Ethiopia’s abbiy want friendly relations with somalia. Many people fail to see this.

Believe it or not the ic has installed N&N to rebuild our state, our debt is being ridden off (it doesn’t matter how).
Name other ssa countries that have recieved the treatment somalia got from the monetary institutions.

The only thing we need to do to get the arms embargo lifted is reconciliation. At this point it doesn’t matter if it is real or not get it done. We can unite some other day in the meantime our neighbors need a refresher course on the Somali National Army. We cannot wait for everyone to come to the table, if you don’t participate change will come forcefully.

The turks intend to rebuild the sna for their own gain. They are playing villa somalia like a flute.

they want an strong african ally capable of suppressing sovereign armies. They want to loot africa like the west, Somalia is their ally in this endeavor perhaps libya to.

it is all a long game they are playing. The west has joined the effort with the exemption of a few europeans who hate us like Britain and France. The second ethiopia falls somalia will rise. Even the gulf arabs have joined by creating the red sea council. Everyone in the region knows that somalia is about the return to the block. Hence why Ethiopia’s abbiy want friendly relations with somalia. Many people fail to see this.

Believe it or not the ic has installed N&N to rebuild our state, our debt is being ridden off (it doesn’t matter how).
Name other ssa countries that have recieved the treatment somalia got from the monetary institutions.

The only thing we need to do to get the arms embargo lifted is reconciliation. At this point it doesn’t matter if it is real or not get it done. We can unite some other day in the meantime our neighbors need a refresher course on the Somali National Army. We cannot wait for everyone to come to the table, if you don’t participate change will come forcefully.
When you say if you don't participate, who exactly do you mean?

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
When you say if you don't participate, who exactly do you mean?

That if you don’t come willingly, we will force you. Since the governor is than acting against somali interest making him A national security threat.

the governors can go back to squabbling when the arms embargo is lifted.

we failed to get this done last time during the Garowe conference. This time it is a must that we sign the federal constitution into existence. That piece of document is evidence enough for the un security council to lift the arms embargo.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
I wont mind if we get a couple of Bayraktar tb2 drones so that we finish off shabaab in a month ,it costs only $5 million dollars and Turks will train our boys how to hunt down terrorists
Drones by themselves are just one part of the equation. There need to be ironclad command synchronization among different branches and agencies. When the Turks took over the most important air base in Libya, Al-Watiya, their drone force and Navy were insync. Turkish fragates provided air defense from far away. Also the Turks destroyed American-built indistractable hangar. It means guided bunker-busting bombs were used on a jetfighter.

The Somali army has long long ways to go. Bayraktar drones are efficient and inexpensive work horses, even Ukraine purchased them.

Diaspora ambassador

VIP
Think about it, the saudi oil reserves are almost finished. We have massive untapped oil reserves, since europe smelled oil everyone came back. Seriously did no one notice the sudden influx of european ambassador’s.
You have italy screaming i will help you rebuild your navy. The us is saying i will help you get rid of your debt. The turks have literally their largest embassy located in xamar and is helping rebuild vital infrastructure.

everyone wants a piece.

Mozart

You need people like me
Think about it, the saudi oil reserves are almost finished. We have massive untapped oil reserves, since europe smelled oil everyone came back. Seriously did no one notice the sudden influx of european ambassador’s.
You have italy screaming i will help you rebuild your navy. The us is saying i will help you get rid of your debt. The turks have literally their largest embassy located in xamar and is helping rebuild vital infrastructure.

everyone wants a piece.
Oil isn’t a magic potion that will rebuild Somalia. Saudi’s oil reserves are at nearly 270 billion which will last 90 years and Somalia only has potential for 100 billion. Also, Somalia’s oil and gas investment will not be state owned so I trust the country to end up like Nigeria and the other African nations. Norway and Kheyre’s collaboration is the first alarm bell. Saudi is diversifying their economy away from oil as it is not sustainably due to America no longer really needing them and Somalia is only coming to the party now (50 years too late). Also, nobody gives you any freebies in life. The countries you listed have reasons to be in Somalia ; probably the strategic position and lawlessness.

Oil isn’t a magic potion that will rebuild Somalia. Saudi’s oil reserves are at nearly 270 billion which will last 90 years and Somalia only has potential for 100 billion. Also, Somalia’s oil and gas investment will not be state owned so I trust the country to end up like Nigeria and the other African nations. Norway and Kheyre’s collaboration is the first alarm bell. Saudi is diversifying their economy away from oil as it is not sustainably due to America no longer really needing them and Somalia is only coming to the party now (50 years too late). Also, nobody gives you any freebies in life. The countries you listed have reasons to be in Somalia ; probably the strategic position and lawlessness.
Puntland alone is estimated to have more than 100 billion barrels. And no, lawlessness isn't really a reason at all to be involved in another country's affairs at all.

Mozart

You need people like me
Puntland alone is estimated to have more than 100 billion barrels. And no, lawlessness isn't really a reason at all to be involved in another country's affairs at all.
Those numbers would put Somalia well into the top 5 for oil reserves. Every source I’ve checked says anywhere up to 100 billion for the 245 blocks in Somalia’s territory. Lawlessness and poor governance allows these nations to do whatever. How does building Somalia’s navy/army serve Italy/US/Turkey and the other nations mentioned ? It’s a free military base in a strategic position which will give them more leverage against the gulf nations. Look at how many bases there are in Djibouti.

Those numbers would put Somalia well into the top 5 for oil reserves. Every source I’ve checked says anywhere up to 100 billion for the 245 blocks in Somalia’s territory. Lawlessness and poor governance allows these nations to do whatever. How does building Somalia’s navy/army serve Italy/US/Turkey and the other nations mentioned ? It’s a free military base in a strategic position which will give them more leverage against the gulf nations. Look at how many bases there are in Djibouti.
Somalia is oil-rich but that was from just one of the top search results.

Trending