The real benefit of the Turkish base in Somalia

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
It just struck me that the main benefit of having the base is to protect Mogadishu from the foreign take-over. Any nation would think twice before embarking on such a mission. If Mogadishu stands, Somalia stands in the international community's eyes. I think the Turks did it genuinely to help us to train the Somali army. But, the side effect is Ethiopia and Kenya can't crash Mogadishu now. Turkey kicked France, Italy, Egypt and the UAE in the nuts in Libya by taking over the Libyan capital, Tripoli. I don't think habasha and bantu will dare now to strong-arm Mogadishu.

AbdiGeedi

Turkey is too far away. I am talking about our usual neighborhood hyenas, Ethiopia and Kenya. We can throw into the mix the UAE/Saudi Arabia too.

Turkey before arriving too somalia. Had no connection too maadow africa. We granted them access too promote and network themselves further enriching them

Its a win win. Don't cut somalia short.
We don't owe them the moon as some aee it.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Turkey before arriving too somalia. Had no connection too maadow africa. We granted them access too promote and network themselves further enriching them

:ftw9nwa:Dude Turks were in many African countries giving charity and learning the population Turkish before even moving to Somalia in 2011.

Turkey is too far away. I am talking about our usual neighborhood hyenas, Ethiopia and Kenya. We can throw into the mix the UAE/Saudi Arabia too.
Lol Turkey colonized Somalia in the past, Zeila was theirs for hundreds of years. They've come back to get all of Somalia.

Honestly Gulf Arabs make for better friends.
Wtf did the Gulf Arabs do for us?

Undermine our unity
prevent drilling our oil
Funds terrorism in our country
Told the US to stop supporting Somalia
Called Somali nationalism a “Cancer” during the Ogaden war and always backstabbing us

@Mehdi Hassan You really don’t know what your talking about

AbdiGeedi

We should learn from Tunisia and Algeria on how to conduct ourselves as an independent country. They don't bootyclap for the Turks, but cooperate strategically with them for everybody's benefit.

The Turkish arms are getting traction now for being modern and reliable. It is another win for us if Somalia and Turkey decide to take cooperation to the next level.

AbdiGeedi

After watching these riots in the US and the government being absent in the face of the lootings, it just dawned on me that nothing is for sure in life, especially in Africa. Things can go to shit quickly. What is there to say that one day Ethiopia could plunge into chaos and give birth to their version of Siad Barre who decides to make Somalia disappear? Having the Turks by our side is an insurance for our future.

Trending