Arab claims Ahmed Hussen, Somali Twitter goes nuts AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I am being dead serious. It happens several times a year. Just a couple of weeks ago it happened as some Syrian refugee bothered me at the train station and assumed I spoke Arabic.

That is absolutely hilarious :dead:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
The thing is mate we haven't done enough, we're open to be fully arabized within this century.

@Bielsa @Adheer Warsame @AbdiJohnson @Duchess etc.

Name me one Muslim country in the Middle East, Red Sea and North Africa region that hasn't fully succumbed to Arabisation other than Somalia. Somalia has had a lucky pass because the Arabs focused on Eritrea, Sudan and Ethiopia. Now Somalia is peaceful and they successfully Arabized the other countries to the extent they wish and now Somalia's next.

I don't booty-clap for Arabs but when:

1. More of our people can read/write Arabic rather than Somali
2. Our language is 40% Arabic
3. Our religion is from Saudi Arabia
4. Our food is from Southern Arabia
5. Our women in Somalia go out in Arab clothing
6. We are part of the Arab union
7.We are in the Arab sphere of influence: Middle East, North Africa and the Red Sea
8.Our culture has been succumbing to Arab culture for years

you know we are already fucked. Why do you think UAE is suddenly taking an interest in Sl, why is Saudi Arabia investing in PL and why is Qatar bankrolling HSM? Don't say you share the same interests unless you want to call your kids fulan ibnu fulan.

In the next century Somalia will be like Sudan and in the next 1000 years we will be like Egypt: clearly Arab to everyone but the Arabs.

If you guys want to do something about it then I suggest you put your money where your mouth is and stop doing Shisha, learn to read Somali, stop eating baasto/baaris/maraag/suugo with xawaaji/sabayaad etc. , take out the loanwords when you speak Somali and start using the Somali calender.

If you can't do that then accept the Arab tag and move on.

This guy badly wants us to be Arabs.

Most Somalis can't speak Arabic. They can read Quran but so can Nigerian Muslims. And 40% of our loan words isn't Arabic. Are you crazy? Lol

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud

Most Somalis can't speak Arabic. They can read Quran but so can Nigerian Muslims. And 40% of our loan words isn't Arabic. Are you crazy? Lol
i dont blame him he's just getting in touch with his heritage :stevej::stevej:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Again...I gotta ask what breed of Arab area you people are dealing with? I have never heard of this.

The occasional Ethiopian speaking amhara to a Somali is as far as it usually goes here.
happens literally 90% of the time i interact with arabs

it's even worse when ur in an arab country...they cant even fathom a somali who can't speak arabic

Apollo

VIP
happens literally 90% of the time i interact with arabs

it's even worse when ur in an arab country...they cant even fathom a somali who can't speak arabic

I think there's some propaganda going on in the secondary education system of Arab countries. They teach them that all of the Arab league countries speak Arabic and shit.

Negro

I have a moldy tangerine as President
This title is bait @Duchess

Egyptians aren't Arab and neither are most 'Arabs'.

The reason why Arabs see Somalis as Arab is not because we are ethnically Arab but Arab in every other concept.

Our language is 40% Arabic
Our religion is from Saudi Arabia
Our food is from Southern Arabia
Our women in Somalia go out in Arab clothing
We are part of the Arab union
Nearly everyone in Somalia can read and write Arabic without trouble
We are in the Arab sphere of influence: Middle East, North Africa and the Red Sea
Our culture has been succumbing to Arab culture for years

Somalis have no-one to blame but themselves when Arabs call us Arab. We have done nothing to safeguard our culture, language, cusine etc.

Eritrea is now Arabized (Christians there even speak Arabic), North Africa is now Arabized, Ethiopia is succumbing, Djibouti has also and Somalia is next. All this SJW 'Make the Horn Cushtic Again' is too late.

Our parents biggest sin was destroying our culture and now its too late to do anything about it.
Imma need that bootyclapiness to calm down because only 20% of our language is Arabic. And bih our food ain't Arabic I'd rather claim the cadaans for their pasta which is now baasto and Indians for their roti other than that shut your stupid ass up and go bootyclap somewhere else.

Nah qabilists first and foremost

Self booty clappers are a tragedy.

They gotta go :camby:

No Madow booty clapping is transcontinental, Just look at locals back home imitating Bantu/Madow culture which is filth and should be considered a soft .

Getting rid of qabil is absurd because it's part of our identity, and it's also the answer for all sort of foreign booty clapping, plus I'm a (positive) qabilisto:childplease:. I say keep Somali Cushetic, no Arab or Bantu:camby:

40% of our language is arabic? What are you smoking sxb?
:mindblown:

Maybe 10% of Af-Somali is loan words not 40%, thats a huge exaggeration.
Do you know arabic? The more you learn it the more you realize we share many words as much as 20% with another 5% from other languages mainly italians, and hindi, farsi among others

No Madow booty clapping is transcontinental, Just look at locals back home imitating Bantu/Madow culture which is filth and should be considered a soft .

Getting rid of qabil is absurd because it's part of our identity, and it's also the answer for all sort of foreign booty clapping, plus I'm a (positive) qabilisto:childplease:. I say keep Somali Cushetic, no Arab or Bantu:camby:
Never really understood somali clubs like Why don't they all dance. :childplease:It would make it less awkwardness for the other. Niiko had now been fully embedded into somali culture.
But I believe Niiko and other dirty dancing should only be allowed in the bedroom among married couples:fittytousand:
:ahh::banderas:

Waa isku wadha marqaanteen.

Somalis are descendants of Cush - eldest son of Ham son of Nuh (AS). We are indigenous to East Africa. This is confirmed by most anthropologists and prominent Islamic scholars (who've used Israeliyat sources). We are as closely related to the Arabs as we are to the Jews, Phoenicians, etc. If anything we're closer to the North Africans and Egyptians.

I understand why some of us would want to align ourselves (subconsciously even) with the Arabs, since they were the ones honoured with the final baton of enlightenment.

Do you know arabic? The more you learn it the more you realize we share many words as much as 20% with another 5% from other languages mainly italians, and hindi, farsi among others
Arabic and other loan words may make up 10% to 20% of Af-Somali. The words are generally for governance, law etc. Like for instance Dastur, Dawlad, Raysal Wasaare. However, there are many unnecessary loan words that have Somali equivalents that tend to be ignored, such as Malqacad(Arabic) and Qaado(Somali); Warqaad(Arabic) and Xaashi(Somali); Albab(Arabic) and Iriid(Somali). Af-Somali can be purified to a certain extent if there is a concerted effort by a Af-Somali language board to rediscover and revive old Somali words and replace the unnecessary loan words.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Imma need that bootyclapiness to calm down because only 20% of our language is Arabic. And bih our food ain't Arabic I'd rather claim the cadaans for their pasta which is now baasto and Indians for their roti other than that shut your stupid ass up and go bootyclap somewhere else.

Do you speak Arabic? I can confirm that 40% of our language is Arabic

What did you have for dinner: sabayaad iyo maraq? Bariis iyo hilib? Lahoh? Malowax? Guess what all Southern Arabian and thats not all?

I'm not booty-clapping in fact I said the opposite you xoolo.

I said the reason this guy called us Arab is because we haven't preserved our culture enough.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Nacalaa Euro-trash can't think straight...

1. I have no agenda in wanting Somalis to be Arabs: wouldn't you think its more interesting to say I'm half Arab and half Cushtic than just saying full Arab?
2. What I stated here is: All this SJW you have done here "MTHCA" has just been fairy-tales. The reality back home is Somalia is becoming Arabized and you're doing nothing about it. We can't blame this guy for calling us Arabs but our parents for teaching us to read Arabic than Somali
3. Most Somalis can't speak Arabic? The lectures at Friday prayer are in Arabic. At school kids learn Arabic and take tests in Arabic and Arabic Lit. I struggled and I'm fluent in Arabic.
4. The difference between us and Nigeria is that they're thousands of miles away from Arabization whereas we are smack-bang in the middle. This along with our political situation makes us susceptible to Arabization via political lobbying
5. 40% of our language isn't Arabic? Just think for a second. Name me a recent invention that isn't a loan-word? Kursi, Thalaajad, Miis, Computer, Television, nal, dharishad etc. They're not all in Arabic but imagine as human innovation continues and we keep on adopting Arabic loan-words.

If I hear this booty-clapping for Arabs wallahi Imma break my MacBook.

Some niggas can't handle the truth:

How many people here can read/write Somali perfectly without going to Somalia?

How many people here can read/write Arabic perfectly?

TheLibertarianQuiche

Arabic and other loan words may make up 10% to 20% of Af-Somali. The words are generally for governance, law etc. Like for instance Dastur, Dawlad, Raysal Wasaare. However, there are many unnecessary loan words that have Somali equivalents that tend to be ignored, such as Malqacad(Arabic) and Qaado(Somali); Warqaad(Arabic) and Xaashi(Somali); Albab(Arabic) and Iriid(Somali). Af-Somali can be purified to a certain extent if there is a concerted effort by a Af-Somali language board to rediscover and revive old Somali words and replace the unnecessary loan words.

Newer innovations are usually given Arabic names or Italian/English names.

Thats what I'm worried about, if human innovation continues lazy Somalis back home will just adopt the Arabic word for the invention.

This is due to a lack of a culture/language board as you stated. It will be 10 years before that is functioning and I'm afraid it will be too little too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts