A war erupted between 2 countries that guves a glimpse into Somalia vs SL conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know the break down of dhulbahante sub clans and who supports who? Also do you know where exactly they inhabit & what they claim? Did you know the same man you are talking about who became PM of the transitional government was part of the SL independence conference in burco 1991 and signed the document agreeing for SL independence? He's nothing but a cheat, who stole from Afweyne regime when it was going south and banked off it when it was good. If there's a UN referendum it will be across All somaliland and I know if it comes down to that the same khatumo group will vote 100% SL just because they are who they are and have always been about whoever pays.

I don't know this, could you give me a quick rundown?

I honestly think it's gonna be hard for Somaliland to be recognized. Mainly because we're one ethnic group. Countries that have been able to recognized are usually countries with a different ethnic group than the one they ones belonged too. Plus if Somaliland would be recognized that could cause other regions in Africa to try the same and end up in a bloodbath. No one wants that.
Dhulo and Adwal do not want anything to do with SL plus most of their aid money comes from MS special Kuwait and Arab wouldn't allow any division of Somalia 0r region

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I don't know this, could you give me a quick rundown?

The dhulbahante subclans have been divided long before SL and were always at each other's throats. The Naalaye ahmed and a few others were pro PL and bahararsame and jaamac siyaad never got along with this clan. These two supported by SL took over Lascanood in a bloodless battle. PL simply left.

Dhulos inhabit 65% of sool, a few villages in togdheer and sanaag. The ones in sool are completely split and out of that 65% land mass I would say 50% is in pro SL dhulos hands. I remind you much of sool is basically empty aside from Lascanood(capital), and caynaba saraar region where isaaq inhabit.

The dhulos aren't pro Somalia or nothing, they go for who pays. Their khatumo leaders are disgusting individuals who constantly call for maato doox(Killing of women and children) of habar jeclo because they have a vendetta that predates colonialists within the region

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Dhulo and Adwal do not want anything to do with SL plus most of their aid money comes from MS special Kuwait and Arab wouldn't allow any division of Somalia 0r region

Stop lying! One of the highest number of voter registration is in awdal:fingerwag:

Here's your khaatumo leaders and what they really call for. The Main Garaad calling for killing of women, children and elders on clan basis right after ciid prayer. Saying "yar yar kooda, odayaashooda midhna deyn mayno ". This was from 2014 ciid. I also have cali khaliif a few months ago calling for maato doox. Waan isnaqaana, you can't fool someone who was raised there:childplease:

Hubble

VIP
Khatumo didn't exist until very recently and was not a consideration when SL got independence, or when joining with somalia, or when re declaring independence. There's no reason for them to be treated special in this regard. The areas claimed by khatumo are inside the colonial borders of sl at point of independence, that's the material point.

Your point about civil war possibly occuring in sl (i assume between the minority who dont want independence and sl army) is why negotiations are so important beforehand, thats why I think Somalia's 'biding our time' position they have taken is so dangerous. The SFG could, if they wanted to, start serious negotiating where compromises and agreements can be found. Right now, SLs hands are tied.

I understand your argument but Khaatumo was (and still is).a part of Somalia. So they can claim your exact argument, that they were a part of Somalia post independence and want to remain in it.

SFG won't secede any part of Somaliland, they're not bidding their time at all.

Hubble

VIP
Stop lying! One of the highest number of voter registration is in awdal:fingerwag:

Here's your khaatumo leaders and what they really call for. The Main Garaad calling for killing of women, children and elders on clan basis right after ciid prayer. Saying "yar yar kooda, odayaashooda midhna deyn mayno ". This was from 2014 ciid. I also have cali khaliif a few months ago calling for maato doox. Waan isnaqaana, you can't fool someone who was raised there:childplease:

There you go. Post partition civil war material.

CrazyWadaad

Prince of East Africa

The Somaliland govt need to assassinate anyone like this who calls for tribal massacres.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
There you go. Post partition civil war material.

This guy represents 1 village in togdheer and a few in far eastern sool. That's hardly a civil war. Whereas if you keep claiming SL you'll have 40% of the somali populace to deal with. Do you prefer the latter to happen?:childplease:

Hubble

VIP
This guy represents 1 village in togdheer and a few in far eastern sool. That's hardly a civil war. Whereas if you keep claiming SL you'll have 40% of the somali populace to deal with. Do you prefer the latter to happen?:childplease:

I don't understand what you just said.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
The Somaliland govt need to assassinate anyone like this who calls for tribal massacres.

Things will be great when Muj. Muuse biixi comes to powerobamadatazz. Hj have been on good behavior because siilaanyo represents us which was kind of crippling to beesha

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I don't understand what you just said.

Nvm! I think Somalia focusing so much on SL is a major blunder. Somalia has federal states that secede every few months when things don't go their way. They also remain part of somalia to milk her for funds while not paying a cent to Xamar in federal taxes

I understand your argument but Khaatumo was (and still is).a part of Somalia. So they can claim your exact argument, that they were a part of Somalia post independence and want to remain in it.

SFG won't secede any part of Somaliland, they're not bidding their time at all.

So is somaliland. They can't claim they were part of Somalia Italia post independence, post independence they were part of the former Somaliland British protectorate. This isn't worth arguing over.

'SFG won't secede any part of Somaliland, they're not bidding their time at all.' They are definitely biding their time, for war or SL to give up it's claim, who knows. One is more likely than the other of course. Certainly if SL is going to be recognised as an independent state, Somalia gov will have to be bought to heel either through an unneccesary war or the IC.
Obviously they don't want to give up SL, which is why we are here having this conversation.

The dhulbahante subclans have been divided long before SL and were always at each other's throats. The Naalaye ahmed and a few others were pro PL and bahararsame and jaamac siyaad never got along with this clan. These two supported by SL took over Lascanood in a bloodless battle. PL simply left.

Dhulos inhabit 65% of sool, a few villages in togdheer and sanaag. The ones in sool are completely split and out of that 65% land mass I would say 50% is in pro SL dhulos hands. I remind you much of sool is basically empty aside from Lascanood(capital), and caynaba saraar region where isaaq inhabit.

The dhulos aren't pro Somalia or nothing, they go for who pays. Their khatumo leaders are disgusting individuals who constantly call for maato doox(Killing of women and children) of habar jeclo because they have a vendetta that predates colonialists within the region

:nvjpqts: Thanks.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
This guy is talking like Dhulbhante is minority amongst the Somali, don't you know they're Darood? You have Ogaden, mareexan all bordering you, ninkii iis waalaba waabiya hela boowe.

Hubble

VIP
Nvm! I think Somalia focusing so much on SL is a major blunder. Somalia has federal states that secede every few months when things don't go their way. They also remain part of somalia to milk her for funds while not paying a cent to Xamar in federal taxes

Somalia is only focussing on post war reconstruction right now. Villa Somalia is going through a lot of changes. The country is divided and you're right it's hanging on by a thread. Everything is transitional including these states. The time bidding is happening across the country, it's a hornets nest. But the population in South Somalia want these regions to be regional states and not countries. Taxes are only paid by Mogadishu because the ports were built by Turkey for the country and not for a region. And it's safe to say that those taxes aren't spent in other regions, only the aid is divided.

Hubble

VIP
So is somaliland. They can't claim they were part of Somalia Italia post independence, post independence they were part of the former Somaliland British protectorate. This isn't worth arguing over.

'SFG won't secede any part of Somaliland, they're not bidding their time at all.' They are definitely biding their time, for war or SL to give up it's claim, who knows. One is more likely than the other of course. Certainly if SL is going to be recognised as an independent state, Somalia gov will have to be bought to heel either through an unneccesary war or the IC.
Obviously they don't want to give up SL, which is why we are here having this conversation.

We're going around in circles. SLs case is pre independence borders and Khaatumos case is post independence borders. It's not going anywhere with these grounds and so something else has to give.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
The logic of qaldans we want Isaac United, ruling the land that the British colonial masters gave us under the borders drew on a map. Gaalo dhul ma bixiiyan ee illahay ba ummada ku abuuro, your colonial masters words are not sacrosanct, Muslim ba nahay, if you want independence isaacow stop claiming lands that don't belong to you & oppressing Samaroon iyo Dhulbhante, what you were accusing siad barre if you're currently doing, Dulmi diidow dulmi doon ha noqon.

DeMoN

UltraViolentPacifist
The logic of qaldans we want Isaac United, ruling the rest of the British colonial masters, under their boders. Gaalo dhul ma bixiiyan ee illahay ba ummada ku abuuro, your colonial masters words are not sacrosanct, Muslim ba nahay, if you want independence isaacow stop claiming lands that don't belong to you & oppressing Samaroon iyo Dhulbhante, what you were accusing siad barre if you're currently doing, Dulmi diidow dulmi doon ha noqon.
cry me a river nayaa

We're going around in circles. SLs case is pre independence borders and Khaatumos case is post independence borders. It's gridlocked.

No, your claim is false. Khatumo did not exist pre or post independence. The area claimed by khatumo was part of the Somaliland British protectorate before independence and the State of Somaliland post independence. The area claimed by Khatumo is a part of Somalia only as a consequence of the State of Somaliland joining that union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending