A war erupted between 2 countries that guves a glimpse into Somalia vs SL conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Are you saying that post-independence, the area claimed by Khatumo was a part of Italia Somalia or a part in the State of Somaliland?
Somalia can't force Isaac to join Somalia & Isaac can't force Dhulbhante & Samaroon, the way you're speaking one would think Somalis & their land didn't exist before the European colonialist came. Dhulbhante & Samaroon have a long history & it's well documented even before your European colonial masters came, who's word you hold to be sacrosanct.

Hubble

VIP
Are you saying that post-independence, the area claimed by Khatumo was a part of Italia Somalia or a part in the State of Somaliland?

Somalia Italiana stopped existing because it's an independent country called Somalia now and you're being very disrespectful for calling it that. What if I called Somaliland 'British Somaliland'?

Khaatumo did NOT NEED TO CREATE ITSELF were it not for secessionists. It's a part of SOMALIA a real country no matter how much it bothers you to understand that. There is no such thing as Somalia Italiana or British Somaliland. If certain regions want to secede they shouldn't attempt to take everyone with them based on borders created by colonists.

Somalia Italiana stopped existing because it's an independent country called Somalia now and you're being very disrespectful for calling it that. What if I called Somaliland 'British Somaliland'?

Khaatumo did NOT NEED TO CREATE ITSELF were it not for secessionists. It's a part of SOMALIA a real country no matter how much it bothers you to understand that. There is no such thing as Somalia Italiana or British Somaliland. If certain regions want to secede they shouldn't attempt to take everyone with them based on borders created by colonists.

Just to recap, (and I'm just going to step over the emotional ranting): you said

The colonial border is your argument and Khaatumos argument is the plain fact that they're a part of Somalia, have been since independence and want to remain a part of it. Why can't you accept that being a part of a country and not wanting to leave is a very valid argument.

You can't explain this argument you keep repeating because it's not being rooted in facts. So you have gone on a diatribe. You can't even accept that the area was a part of the state of somaliand and join union with former (- sometimes i forgot to write that, but not out of mean spiritedness as you imply) italia somalia as part of it. And all of the former state of Somaliland including khatumo area remains a part of Somalia per this union.

There's nothing for us to discuss because you have a hard time accepting basic facts. On your way. :camby:

Last edited:
@KowDheh You never answered the qs because your repeated claim was obviously wrong. Why you kept saying it I don't know, it's especially strange as it wasn't even an important part of the conversation.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe

It's disrespectful that you deny our historical sovereignty by lumping us with somalia, the "ia" in Somalia being a foreign suffix coined by the Italians for the region they occupied from Ras casayr to Ras kambooni. I find it more funny that a lot of you speak without any knowledge of history. In the 1960 union both colonial names were dropped(Somaliland & Somalia) and the new name was "The Somali Republic" which later changed again to "The Somali Democratic Republic" during siyaad barre time. The fact that you insist the entire region including SL be called Somalia is erroneous and shows your clear bias or blatant ignorance. You choose!

Ta labaad SL had a referendum to join somalia, and thus it'll have a referendum to defect. At the time of this referendum there were only 2 states in the north Togdheer & waqooyi galbeed. Sool and sanaag were carved out of togdheer by Afweyne to give his brotherly clans a higher representation in terms of states within the north. And awdal was carved out of waqooyi galbeed. Afweyne was a genius when it came to trying to undermine Isaaq. Similar to the SFG today who lumps isaaq under to dir to limit political representation:lol:

Another funny historical fact. Although there was a referendum there was no act of union signed between the two Nations (SL & Somalia) therefor there wasn't even a legal union and this will be the last nail to close the coffin for good inshallah when it goes to international courts. I can't wait for somalia to get its shit together so this can take place:rejoice:

It's disrespectful that you deny our historical sovereignty by lumping us with somalia, the "ia" in Somalia being a foreign suffix coined by the Italians for the region they occupied from Ras casayr to Ras kambooni. I find it more funny that a lot of you speak without any knowledge of history. In the 1960 union both colonial names were dropped(Somaliland & Somalia) and the new name was "The Somali Republic" which later changed again to "The Somali Democratic Republic" during siyaad barre time. The fact that you insist the entire region including SL be called Somalia is erroneous and shows your clear bias or blatant ignorance. You choose!

Ta labaad SL had a referendum to join somalia, and thus it'll have a referendum to defect. At the time of this referendum there were only 2 states in the north Togdheer & waqooyi galbeed. Sool and sanaag were carved out of togdheer by Afweyne to give his brotherly clans a higher representation in terms of states within the north. And awdal was carved out of waqooyi galbeed. Afweyne was a genius when it came to trying to undermine Isaaq. Similar to the SFG today who lumps isaaq under to dir to limit political representation:lol:

Another funny historical fact. Although there was a referendum there was no act of union signed between the two Nations (SL & Somalia) therefor there wasn't even a legal union and this will be the last nail to close the coffin for good inshallah when it goes to international courts. I can't wait for somalia to get its shit together so this can take place:rejoice:

I've never understood this. What a ridiculous slip-up/oversight.

Hubble

VIP
Historical sovereignty for how many nights? Who was the head of state?

At the end of the day you might get your independence but you won't take everyone with you. Even in Awdal there are people who'd leave Somaliland if and when it gets independence. Within Somaliland proper you also have unionists.

FYI I don't have a reason to not want independence not qabiil not Somalia none of that. I just want justice for the people who don't want to have a passport or visa just to visit their relatives or work in a country which has no issues with them being a part of it.

Also Somaliland is a violent dictatorship.

PPS it's so ironic that you're bleeping on about the name Somalia being a colonial construct when you're using the word Somaliland. Do you know which language that is? Who created the term?

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe

At the end of the day you might get your independence but you won't take everyone with you. Even in Awdal there are people who'd leave Somaliland if and when it gets independence. Within Somaliland proper you also have unionists.

FYI I don't have a reason to not want independence not qabiil not Somalia none of that. I just want justice for the people who don't want to have a passport or visa just to visit their relatives or work in a country which has no issues with them being a part of it.

That's not a legitimate counter argument and you're resulting to emotions as opposed to logic. What i brought was raw facts that will define this entire SL Somalia fiasco & What you want doesn't matter to be frank. If you really feel that way about passports and separate somali nayions you should start with reer Djbouti who pay for visas when entering xamar and vice versa.

Also Somaliland is a violent dictatorship.

PPS it's so ironic that you're bleeping on about the name Somalia being a colonial construct when you're using the word Somaliland. Do you know which language that is? Who created the term?

What is important is wether or not the majority want independence. That's how referendums work.

That's not a legitimate counter argument and you're resulting to emotions as opposed to logic. What i brought was raw facts that will define this entire SL Somalia fiasco & What you want doesn't matter to be frank. If you really feel that way about passports and separate somali nayions you should start with reer Djbouti who pay for visas when entering xamar and vice versa.

You picked up on that quicker than me.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
I've never understood this. What a ridiculous slip-up/oversight.

I think the UN is waiting for Somalia to get its house in order. After this takes place this can be taken to international courts and this key piece of information will be the defining factor. If this goes to international court there won't even have to be a referendum :lol:

I think the UN is waiting for Somalia to get its house in order. After this takes place this can be taken to international courts and this key piece of information will be the defining factor. If this goes to international court there won't even have to be a referendum :lol:

What are the chances it will be stopped before getting there? Can sl gov get to an international court in the first place?

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Never argue with fools walle iyo bille.

Counter argue or keep it moving buddy, No time for your arrogant snide insults. I brought facts that cant be ignored, while you countered with emotional rants about passports and visas and you still believe after the union we were all called "Somalia":lol:.

Hubble

VIP
The patience it took to respond to you was legendary. I regret responding to you at all. Look up the word emotional in a dictionary, then look up rational. Just some advice.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
What are the chances it will be stopped before getting there? Can sl gov get to an international court in the first place?

I'm not sure! SL for the first time was formally speaking about it last year, but it was very brief. Right now SL doesn't have ictiraaf as its main goal. It's more about nation building and improving the living conditions of the common folk. There's a lot of things on pause right now due to delayed elections but the world Bank is funding major projects which include building dams improving the agriculture etc.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
The patience it took to respond to you was legendary. I regret responding to you at all. Look up the word emotional in a dictionary, then look up rational. Just some advice.

Either counter me or keep it moving, it's that simple:lol:. You should learn to humble yourself when proven wrong, just some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts