Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusuf_bin_Ahmad_al-Kawneyn
Founder of Ifat, he was the sultan behind the first dynasty being Walashma. Adal later became multiethnic of Afar, Harari soldiers etc. But the founders and dynasties was ethnic Somalis. But they were very religious and arabized though.

I saw this quote in another thread, then read the entire Wikipedia page.:mjhaps: Our history is so nice :mjkkk:
Yousuftabrizi.jpg

A plaque of his name in Asia

Biography
  • Sheikh Yusuf Al-Kawneyn was a Somali scholar who studied in Zayla and later in Iraq. As a result of his studies in Iraq, he was given the title of "Al Baghdadi" as well.
  • He is also noted for having devised a Somali nomenclature for the Arabic vowels (Wadaad's writing).
  • he has been described as "the most outstanding saint in northern Somalia"

Family
  • Sheikh Yusuf Al Kawneyn is also associated with the Walashma Dynasty of Ifat and Adal.
  • The Walashma dynasty was a medieval Muslim dynasty of the Horn of Africa. It governed the Ifat and Adal Sultanates in what are present-day northern Somalia, Djibouti and eastern Ethiopia.
  • Sheikh Yusuf is known as being the founder and ancestor of this royal family.

Shrines
  • The Shaykh has shrines dedicated to him: , in the Maldives
  • Sri Lanka,
  • in the town of Aw Barkhadle in northern Somalia,
  • and also in a site called Qoranyale, near the town of Borama.
  • ( And I think one in Harar too)
The reason one I added Harar to the last point is cause they used to venerate him :ohreally:But shrines world wide is so cool . I would say he has more shrines then Shaikh Isaaq and Shaikh Darood :mjswag:

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
That cant be true. Islam came to saylac in the 7th century. How were they still worshipping waaq in the 13th?

You didnt even read the wikipedia link :gucciwhat:

You don't even know Yusuf al kownayns story, who did he convert fool?:nahgirl:

:russ:

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Nothing special about some old retard that went to Arabia and brought us Arab tradition people like him should be condemned.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Nothing special about some old retard that went to Arabia and brought us Arab tradition people like him should be condemned.

I can taste the jealousy :mjlol:

look this great shaykhs story he makes all the other shaykhs look like copycats :mjlol::mjlol:

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
I can taste the jealousy :mjlol:

look this great shaykhs story he makes all the other shaykhs look like copycats :mjlol::mjlol:

Let me guess his history was he went to Arabia and learned Arab tradition and forklores and came to his people to teach alien fairytales. Great achievement.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Let me guess his history was he went to Arabia and learned Arab tradition and forklores and came to his people to teach alien fairytales. Great achievement.

He actually did way more then that from what I just read, you just sound jealous your fake arab ancestor didnt do shit. :mjlol:

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
He actually did way more then that from what I just read, you just sound jealous your fake arab ancestor didnt do shit. :mjlol:

Ok tell me the beneficiary of his journeys to goat lands? What innovations did we gain from his expeditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending