You believe in Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's real. I don't believe we came from monkeys. We came from Adam and Hawo and evolved from that.

Crow

Then, what happened after Adam and Eve? God let Adam & Eve’s children shag one another and through incest, they bred more people. According to the Gospel, Koran and Judaism, humans are the great grandchildren of incestuous mating ancestors. Then one day, God said, I made a mistake, incestuous behaviour is immoral and therefore I will ban it. Is that logic possible?

Last edited:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
The Quran doesn't go into detail of how we were created.

However it does mention that we were created from a single source.

The Quran usually doesn't clash with hard scientific facts.

So if there's hard proof that backs evolution then it's probably compatible with Islam.

Don't let your ignorance of the religion act as your main fuel for making up statements for things you don't know about.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
@ColloquiallyFluent

It's a poor attempt to deny God and impose naturalistic fairy tales on the common man, it's the ilah of the atheists so as to speak. After all they need to come up with an explanation of how life came to be without God.

mrlog

VIP
Do you not believe in it because religion or you disagree with darwin?

Darwin was a racist.
Did u know that in his book ‘Descent of Man’ he said that blacks are the closer to Apes than Caucasians in terms of evolution
He also said that men were superior to women (@Knowles will now open a thread shitting on him).

The Quran doesn't go into detail of how we were created.

However it does mention that we were created from a single source.

The Quran usually doesn't clash with hard scientific facts.

So if there's hard proof that backs evolution then it's probably compatible with Islam.

Don't let your ignorance of the religion act as your main fuel for making up statements for things you don't know about.

Ras

You are partially correct but the As7aba did accept what was earlier mentioned in the OT. This is what those who teach Umm Al-Qura University In Mecca and The Islamic University of Madinah wrote of the topic.

With regard to the way in which the children of Adam (peace be upon him) were married and how they produced offspring:

There is nothing in the Holy Qur’an or saheeh Prophetic Sunnah to explain that; rather it was attributed to some of the Sahaabah – and it may be that it was taken from the books of the People of the Book – that in every pregnancy, Adam’s wife would bear him one male and one female, and a male born from one pregnancy would marry a female born from another pregnancy, and in this manner the number of his descendants increased.

Ibn Madow at-Tabari (may Allah have mercy on him) narrated, with his isnaad from as-Suddi:

It was narrated from as-Suddi, in his narration from Abu Maalik and from Abu Saalih from Ibn ‘Abbaas, and from Murrah from Ibn Mas‘ood, and from some of the companions of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him): No son was born to Adam but a daughter would be born with him, and the boy from this pregnancy would marry the girl from another pregnancy, and the girl from this pregnancy would marry a boy from another pregnancy… End quote. Tafseer at-Tabari (8/322).

This view is the one that is well known among the scholars of Islam. Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

As-Suddi mentioned in his Tafseer, narrating from his shaykhs with his isnaads, that the reason why Qaabeel killed his brother Haabeel was that Adam used to marry the male from each pregnancy that bore him children to the female of another pregnancy, and that the sister of Qaabeel was more beautiful than the sister of Haabeel. Qaabeel wanted to keep his sister and marry her himself, but Adam did not let him, so when he insisted, he instructed them both to make an offering. Qaabeel offered a sheaf of corn, because he was a grower of crops, and Habeel offered a fat lamb, because he kept livestock. Fire came down (from heaven) and consumed the offering of Habeel, but not that of Qaabeel [i.e., Haabeel’s offering was accepted and Qaabeel’s was not], and that was the cause of the trouble between them. This is the well-known view.

End quote from Fath al-Baari (6/369)

This view – even though we have suggested that its only source was the books of the People of the Book – is not objectionable to the Muslim mind, and there is no text in our religion to say that it is wrong. There is no valid reason that prompts us to reject it or prevents us from narrating it. It was narrated from ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Convey from me, even if it is only one verse. Narrate from the Children of Israel and there is no problem. But whoever tells a lie about me deliberately, let him take his place in Hell.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3461).

It is well-known in Islam that marriage to one’s sister is haraam, according to the Qur’anic text.

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Forbidden to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, your daughters, your sisters…”

[an-Nisa’ 4:23].

But does this verse contradict what is narrated about the way in which Adam arranged the marriages of his children?

so there is no reason why it could not have been part of the law of Adam (peace be upon him) that it was permissible for a brother to marry his sister who was not his twin, because that served a significant purpose, whilst this is prohibited in our religion because that reason and purpose is no longer applicable.

Al-‘Ayni (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Rulings were prescribed to serve people’s interests, and were changed at different times.

Undoubtedly marriage to sisters was permitted in the law of Adam (peace be upon him), and by means of that offspring were produced. This is something that no one denies. Then that was abrogated in the laws of other prophets.

In the law of Adam (peace be upon him), marriage of a sister to her brother who was not her twin achieved an important and necessary purpose, which was to preserve the human race and protect it from ceasing to exist and vanishing, because if they did not get married, there would be no perpetuation of the human race. As for negative consequences, they were non-existent or hardly worth mentioning in the light of this great interest.

Ibn ‘Allaan (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Allah gave permission for that on the lips of His Prophet Adam (peace be upon him). Indeed this type of marriage – whether it was to a twin sister or otherwise – was one of the necessities of life that Allah intended for His slaves, and it is not possible to imagine the perpetuation of the human race, in the way that Allah intended for them, without that. No law or reason would disallow that!

This is in contrast to marriage to a sister in our law; it is prohibited, because it does not serve any purpose or meet any need, and there is no need for it at all. At the same time, it is not free of serious negative consequences, the least of which are what you have referred to in your question of diseases and problems.

https://islamqa.info/en/245335

Sxb, don't be embarrassed and embrace fully your religion. "Rulings were prescribed to serve people’s interests, and were changed at different times."

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Not that long ago we weren't even on top of the food chain. Crazy how fast we evolved and took over the world.

Sapiens = master race

The transition from Ape-like to Human-like happened in East Africa. Pretty awesome! East Africans = Chosen people. Not Jews!

Apollo

VIP
The transition from Ape-like to Human-like happened in East Africa. Pretty awesome! East Africans = Chosen people. Not Jews!

Native East Africans are also the most Homo Sapien genetically of all human populations. Rest of humanity has more Neanderthal, Denisovan, Erectus archaic admixture.

Dajooos aint got shit on us.

Ps. Read Yuval Noah harari's SAPIENS: short history of humankind. This jew (the author) puts things in persoctive. Very good read

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
The only Evolution i know is

maxresdefault.jpg

I know a young sheikh that was asked this and he presented an argument that Islam isn't clear cut against evolution. He brought an ayah that stated that we were created in stages etc..

It was a compelling argument, i can't remember the rest of his point. It helped that he studied medicine and had a strong science background.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Religion. I'm muslim I don't belive humans came from monkeys I belive we came from Adam and hawa.

i am with you except for a minor detail, i don't believe evolution in it is Darwinian form because it is an insult to the most basic common sense. but if our father Adam (PBUH) was 70 feet when standing; how do you explain the reduction in height throughout the ages? hence some sort of "evolution" - if the term is correct- must have taken place.

BankaTuyo

حيران
I know a young sheikh that was asked this and he presented an argument that Islam isn't clear cut against evolution. He brought an ayah that stated that we were created in stages etc..

It was a compelling argument, i can't remember the rest of his point. It helped that he studied medicine.
this concept has nothing to do with us descending from a relative of apes, but it is about the Morphological changes we have undergone since our father Adam. reduction in height, change in complexion.... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending