Y’all know any deep dark family secrets? Y’all got any civil war stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
My mom's first cousin left Somalia back in 1974 to study in Russia. The last time the family heard from him was in 1975. No phone call, no letters, nothing. Everyone assumed he was dead. Fast forward 2014. My maternal uncle and his wife went to Italy for their anniversary, They sat at a posh restaurant and they ordered their food and one waiter asked them if they were Somali, they both replied yes, he said hold on I will call the owner, he's also Somali. This old Somali guy came out, they started greeting each other. They both said their abtirsi, he's the long lost cousin. He facetimes my mom several times a week. He's loaded with money and owns 2 restaurants and couple of houses in Italy. Up to now, nobody knows what happened to him. He keeps changing the subject when someone asks. My brother thinks he's an imposter but when my grandma asked stories about his childhood, he remembers everything.
He sounds ashamed of something. It could be something as simple as abandoning the nation and not returning like he was expected to after his studies.
:hmm:
Or maybe he went wild in Russia and lived like a gaal. I have an uncle who told me that he never prayed when studying in Russia. He only fasted during Ramadan. He's very religious today though. I suppose that was normal during the kacaan though.
:manny:
Maybe your uncle impregnated some foreign woman and feels bad.
:ooh:
I have a relative who has lost his way and lives like a gaal. He is so ashamed that he isolates himself from the family. He was in hiding for years but we found him eventually living with his ajnabi girlfriend.
:susp:
These things weigh heavy on people, especially when they know it's wrong.
:farmajoyaab:
On the bright side, it sounds like he's in a much better place so maybe it's best to leave the past in the past. He'll talk about it when he's ready. Just focus on reintegrating him into the family.
:yousmart:
Nah, he is hiding something related to his father. He (my dad) was quite young and didnt even work for the government. But he looke exatly like his father. I dont know man, something is not right
He might have been a traitor to beesha who participated in the Gaalkacyo massacres and your father is ashamed and afraid of being called out for his father's crimes.
:francis:
We still love you sxb even though you're the grandson of a traitor.
:friendhug:

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
He sounds ashamed of something. It could be something as simple as abandoning the nation and not returning like he was expected to after his studies.
:hmm:
Or maybe he went wild in Russia and lived like a gaal. I have an uncle who told me that he never prayed when studying in Russia. He only fasted during Ramadan. He's very religious today though. I suppose that was normal during the kacaan though.
:manny:
Maybe your uncle impregnated some foreign woman and feels bad.
:ooh:
I have a relative who has lost his way and lives like a gaal. He is so ashamed that he isolates himself from the family. He was in hiding for years but we found him eventually living with his ajnabi girlfriend.
:susp:
These things weigh heavy on people, especially when they know it's wrong.
:farmajoyaab:
On the bright side, it sounds like he's in a much better place so maybe it's best to leave the past in the past. He'll talk about it when he's ready. Just focus on reintegrating him into the family.
:yousmart:

He might have been a traitor to beesha who participated in the Gaalkacyo massacres and your father is ashamed and afraid of being called out for his father's crimes.
:francis:
We still love you sxb even though you're the grandson of a traitor.
:friendhug:

Kkkkkkkk that is absolutely impossible he had respect in gaalkacyo he even died there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending