Y’all know any deep dark family secrets? Y’all got any civil war stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!

This twitter thread was depressing a lot of pedophile uncles and spouses cheating.

Y’all got any stories? A civil war just happened some of y’all might have had families that were fighting and etc. you might even have family that have killed.

My dad told me more about his life in Somalia last year. I found out he had about 4 brothers. I though he had three. The fourth one went missing once the civil war happened. He ended up going to Uganda and then afterwards Rwanda. The lost contact my dad had with him was when he was in Rwanda. The whole family hasn’t heard from him since than. They haven’t heard anything about his whereabouts since 1993 .They have assumed he was dead. After learning about it I have gained an interest in visiting Rwanda and uganada. 2 things that are making me interested in going is to see if he is alive or if he died and left behind kids.

@Geeljire sanbuur @Factz @Kudhufo Kadhaqaq @Sheikh @Yaquub @nine @PhaedrusHunt @caano and hilib ari @xalimathe6 @Blade1 @Emily @Karim @esmailxxx

Y’all got any stuff to talk about :gaasdrink:

My mom was in april 1988 visiting her grandmother in hargeisa, and my mother told me (and even sweared because i didnt believe her) that she was present at the massacre in hargeisa.
She told me she witnessed majority of her friends, and family getting killed, and even saw a man getting shot from the window of her house late at night. She also told that the army would lock up everyone in hargeisa 2pm till the morning, soldiers would loot peoples properties, and she constantly hear screams until late at night.
Some part of me still didnt believe her, but got it confirmed when my grandfather said it was true, i just thank god she survived.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
One of my favorite uncles went missing in early 2007 after he participated the war against Ethiopia. Nobody knows if he's dead or not.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
My uncle on my mom"s side died in 77. I had another grandfather who got killed by Kenyans in the 60s during Shifta wars.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
TBH somalis dont talk about any wars like how other groups keep talking about events and stuff that happened idk its our culture I guess. I had relative from dad side die in 77 war but that's only because I asked how many siblings my granddad had and he mentioned he had a younger brother that I never heard of before.
I don't even know what happened in the civil war since my parents never speak on it but they left young and early when it started anyway my grandparents stayed then and now since they keep on saying if I die here I die here etc. But I feel like it'll be awkward if I asked them about the civil war.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Lol one deep secret I just realised was that apparently my family disowned my grandmothers sister who went off with a guy who was arab and Italian. They just disowned her and still to this day not like her tbh I agree with them aswell and even though she apparently tried to find them and reunite they said no and I don't personally really want to meet her mixed kids or grandkids either.

Lol one deep secret I just realised was that apparently my family disowned my grandmothers sister who went off with a guy who was arab and Italian. They just disowned her and still to this day not like her tbh I agree with them aswell and even though she apparently tried to find them and reunite they said no and I don't personally really want to meet her mixed kids or grandkids either.
Why? Wouldn't it be interesting? Are they cadaan or Somali now?

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Why? Wouldn't it be interesting? Are they cadaan or Somali now?
Why would it be interesting I don't think I'd feel close with them.
They can't be either cadaan or somali now since they have other mixes in them. Her kids are obviously a quarter arab quarter Italian and half somali but their younger pics shows they don't look somali which is a bummer.
Her grandkids that married did marry somalis but that doenst change anything for now I don't want to associate with them which may seem weird but I don't feel the urge to want to

Why would it be interesting I don't think I'd feel close with them.
They can't be either cadaan or somali now since they have other mixes in them. Her kids are obviously a quarter arab quarter Italian and half somali but their younger pics shows they don't look somali which is a bummer.
Her grandkids that married did marry somalis but that doenst change anything for now I don't want to associate with them which may seem weird but I don't feel the urge to want to
So her grandkids are 3/4 Somali, yet doesn't look like it? How weird

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
So her grandkids are 3/4 Somali, yet doesn't look like it? How weird
No her kids don't look somali but the grandkids look like very fair somalis so they have our features but have north African lighter skin. A shame really even after 2 generations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending