Would you allow Christian missionaries to set up schools in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quakers and Roman Catholics run some of the best schools in the world. Hypothetically, would you allow them to set up a handful of schools with a guarantee of a purely secular curriculum?

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Quakers and Roman Catholics run some of the best schools in the world, hypothetically, would you allow them to set up a handful of schools with a guarantee of a purely secular curriculum?
No, i wouldn't let them spread their religion and they tend to molest small children so I'm against that.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Quakers and Roman Catholics run some of the best schools in the world. Hypothetically, would you allow them to set up a handful of schools with a guarantee of a purely secular curriculum?

Absolutely not. We dont want to ruin our Islam quota of 99% muslim population

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Well not missionaries, but christian organisations
Tbh Somalis are mistrustful of other Somalis setting up schools, businesses etc. So I doubt it would go down well with foreigners moreover from a christian organisation tbh :browtf:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
We already take Christian aid money, why not education that would benefit us long term :manny:

We can take the money that cometh from God, almighty, but we dont want their faith. We know it is inferior to our faith :)

No I wouldn’t trust them, why would we need them to build schools there when we the Somali diaspora can provide it without ulterior motives from us.

Oh wow I wasn’t aware of that! :ohhh:

Btw I see the Rees mogg dp, what’s the story behind that :mjpls:

I am a one nation Tory sxb, unfortunately the Conservatives got hijacked by brixiteers so I will be voting Lib Dem from now on :hillarybiz:

Rees Mogg only because he is a funny guy, I hate all his policies:bell:

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I am a one nation Tory sxb, unfortunately the Conservatives got hijacked by brixiteers so I will be voting Lib Dem from now on :hillarybiz:

Rees Mogg only because he is a funny guy, I hate all his policies:bell:
Yeah I really do believe that brexit changed the political climate for the worst. Probably the greatest shift in recent times and worst to come :birdman:

No I wouldn’t trust them, why would we need them to build schools there when we the Somali diaspora can provide it without ulterior motives from us.

The best school in Somalia was set up by an cadaan guy lol :mjlol:

Nothing wrong with asking for expert outside help, this is only for a few selective entry schools in some major cities to nurture talent:manny:

The best school in Somalia was set up by an cadaan guy lol :mjlol:

Nothing wrong with asking for outside help, this is only for a few selective entry schools in some major cities to nurture talent:manny:
It’s not wise to depend on outside help especially when it comes to educating our future generation back home.

Yes, i would allow.

522383_390174854393388_1036700558_n.jpg

It’s not wise to depend on outside help especially when it comes to educating our future generation back home.

Two Schools in both Mogadishu and Hargeisa will hardly make a dent in the student population, each years graduating class would be less than 400. There is nothing to fear my friend.

As a firm and consistent believer of freedom of expression and freedom of assembly the very rights afforded to us in the West should likewise be available to those that seek to exercise them in Somalia.

However in the mind of Muslim believer it is internal consistent to deprive them of these rights as it only increases suffering for those who are moved astray in the afterlife though that opinion hinges on Islam being the true religion both points with little evidence to support such a notion.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
As a firm and consistent believer of freedom of expression and freedom of assembly the very rights afforded to us in the West should likewise be available to those that seek to exercise them in Somalia.

However in the mind of Muslim believer it is internal consistent to deprive them of these rights as it only increases suffering for those who are moved astray in the afterlife though that opinion hinges on Islam being the true religion both points with little evidence to support such a notion.

Freedom to practice religion is ALL good, but u have no right to go a majority muslim country and try to convert them to Christianity. What next? Atheism?

I understand the Christian missionary come with orderly and clean and educated life style. Its very tempting. They also come with money. But its all for this dunya. We need for aqero

And since when did Mohammed(PBH) say Islam is the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts