Would you allow Christian missionaries to set up schools in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catholic schools have a strong emphasis on the importance of caring for one another and the importance of life. Catholic schools would be a positive for Somalia.

Didn’t your prophet say, ‘seek knowledge even in China’? Weren’t the wealthy and the few lucky diaspora Somalis enjoyed being educated with the very same secular education that they are denying the poor children left behind? Hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
I would be in favour of banning all religious state-funded education. Make the state education system fully secular.

So we can end up like uganda and their white jesus pastor. Never!!

:birdman:
hqdefault.jpg

Didn’t your prophet say, ‘seek knowledge even in China’? Aren’t the wealthy and the few lucky diaspora Somalis enjoying/enjoyed the very same secular education that you are denying the poor children left behind? Hypocrisy.

People have a "got mine" attitude

They themselves were educated in Christian institutions in the west :farmajoyaab:

They themselves were educated in Christian institutions in the west :farmajoyaab:

Banker

Sxb

The generation of Somalis that we’re educated by multi lingual secular schools have continued their education at prestigious European and American universities and came back to work in their country and contribute to their society. Some are now professors or work for reputable organisations. These schools included Italian, American and Egyptian schools. Their curriculums was in par with the international Bachelorette certificates. Schools were nationalised and inferior curriculums introduced, Somalia produced Hoggaamiye Kooxeed iyo diimeed.

Banker

Sxb

The generation of Somalis that we’re educated by multi lingual secular schools have continued their education at prestigious European and American universities and came back to work in their country and contribute to their society. Some are now professors or work for reputable organisations. These schools included Italian, American and Egyptian schools. Their curriculums was in par with the international Bachelorette certificates. Schools were nationalised and inferior curriculums introduced, Somalia produced Hoggaamiye Kooxeed iyo diimeed.

Sad reality :farmajoyaab:

If you are not gonna bring them over, at least imitate their methods

Sad reality :farmajoyaab:

If you are not gonna bring them over, at least imitate their methods

Banker

Sxb, knowledge is knowledge and Mohamed said, ‘seek knowledge even in china’. the wealthy Islamic countries, some very religiously conservative like Saudi Arabia send tens of thousands of students to the West. Anyone who argues that they will turn Somalis into non-Muslims makes the assumptions; first, Allah doesn’t guide people and misguide people. secondly, Muslims are weak and most of them would be easily led away and therefore should be forcibly kept in the fold. Is that Islam? I used to be a salafi and had such views like the “kafir” shouldn’t be allowed teaching in Muslim countries.

Banker

Sxb, knowledge is knowledge and Mohamed said, ‘seek knowledge even in china’. the wealthy Islamic countries, some very religiously conservative like Saudi Arabia send tens of thousands of students to the West. Anyone who argues that they will turn Somalis into non-Muslims makes the assumptions; first, Allah doesn’t guide people and misguide people. secondly, Muslims are weak and most of them would be easily led away and therefore should be forcibly kept in the fold. Is that Islam? I used to be a salafi and had such views like the “kafir” shouldn’t be allowed teaching in Muslim countries.

Somalis been in the west for almost 30 years, if anything we become more religious. The argument that they will turn Somalis into non-Muslims is ridiculous.

no christian schools in somalia. should only have 1 official religion. i would welcome foreign teachers with a strict condition that they should not preach their religion in somalia. we cannot allow kufur to spread on the land

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

No one here was educated by the Catholic missionaries you wish Somalia had. We were educated in secular institutions that were regulated by strong governments.

If you let Catholics into Somalia, they will do nothing but proselytize and molest, and our nonexistent government won't even so much as investigate them.

No one here was educated by the Catholic missionaries you wish Somalia had. We were educated in secular institutions that were regulated by strong governments.

If you let Catholics into Somalia, they will do nothing but proselytize and molest, and our nonexistent government won't even so much as investigate them.
Looks like you have been watching too much fake news BBC or CNN. Majority of Catholic people are good caring people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts