Would Somaliland accept to give up Sool, Sanaag and CAYN

Som

VIP
What's there to talk about when xamar can't govern its federal states where two are at open rebillion against their govt
Bro, no offense but this is the typical stubborn response i always hear from landers. If your leaders were smart they would push for talks with somalia right now while it's weak .
You had so many chances with Hawiye presidents like Sh. Sharif and Hassan Sheikh, these guys sold somali sea so I'm pretty sure they would have accepted a good deal to recognize somaliland, they had no ideolgical attachment to somali unity. Sometimes i think SL leaders don't actually want independence and only use the hope of recognition to fool their citizens. I can't find any other explanation
Why be stubborn and refuse talks with a weak government? That's just unpractical

Bro, no offense but this is the typical stubborn response i always hear from landers. If your leaders were smart they would push for talks with somalia right now while it's weak .
You had so many chances with Hawiye presidents like Sh. Sharif and Hassan Sheikh, these guys sold somali sea so I'm pretty sure they would have accepted a good deal to recognize somaliland, they had no ideolgical attachment to somali unity. Sometimes i think SL leaders don't actually want independence and only use the hope of recognition to fool their citizens. I can't find any other explanation
Why be stubborn and refuse talks with a weak government? That's just unpractical
why talk with weak govt that can hold one of its states that declares SL as enemy state ?? talks would be held when somalia sorts itself first.

If Somalia's leaders were seriously interested in talking about Somaliland's independence, then we'd talk. Most neutral commentators of the talks that have taken place between Somaliland and Somalia recently has talked about how Somalia was disorganised, betrayed agreements and behaved insolently.
It is consistently Somalia that is the bad actor in those talks.

Gokboru

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
how is it easy for Somaliland to control Laascaanood but not Buuhoodle?. buuhoodle is in Togdheer.
It is simple really Laascanood is inhabited by more Sl leaning tribes whereas Buuhoodle is not.

Gokboru

You don't make sense at all lol what demographics you talking about lol

The only way Somaliland would come back to the union is if there's a willing from Somalia's politician to change their political system and call for a national dialogue that will determine the new type of system of governance in the country that everyone in the nation agrees on cuz somaliland was never a part of the creation of federal system in xamar and doesn't recognize it and many somalis in the south don't even like the system.
Hé is right you know . The more time Somalia remains unstable, weak , the more SL message will resonate with the pro union camps. You can already see in Awdal which is almost entirely bought into SL cause and same thing in SL controlled areas out east.

Hé is right you know . The more time Somalia remains unstable, weak , the more SL message will resonate with the pro union camps. You can already see in Awdal which is almost entirely bought into SL cause and same thing in SL controlled areas out east.

I don't think that is what the guy he was responding to was saying. thegoodshepherd uses this often debunked "report" to try and say that the Isaaq population is on the decline and Harti are on the increase. This is based on some unsubstantiated theory that the fertility rates among the Isaaq is low, and is high amongst the Harti.

Using that, he then makes the illogical leap that that somehow means pretty soon pro-Independence people in SL won't be the majority in Somaliland.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Neither Somaliland or Somalia can hold serious negotiations. Neither entity can secure their borders.

Somalia is barely a sovereign country and Somaliland still has not secured its 1960 borders.

Both are unstable governments, Somaliland is more stable than Somalia but that's not saying much. This is why I have always said Somaliland and Somalia should talk when the FGS is stable.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I don't think that is what the guy he was responding to was saying. thegoodshepherd uses this often debunked "report" to try and say that the Isaaq population is on the decline and Harti are on the increase. This is based on some unsubstantiated theory that the fertility rates among the Isaaq is low, and is high amongst the Harti.

Using that, he then makes the illogical leap that that somehow means pretty soon pro-Independence people in SL won't be the majority in Somaliland.

300 page UNFPA funded report with a sample size of 6,000 households.

e46.gif

Gokboru

Fck! Really ?? Oh I see . So he is saying they are gonna out produce us into reunion ? Well i guess we got work to do then 😁

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
You do understand the difference about not being able to do something legally, as opposed to just saying you can't let something go because you feel it is valuable to you?
Separatists who can't fathom why they have separatists, worse part is you're all so deep up your own arse's you can't even see through the layers of irony. It's a tribal state little man. No one wants to willingly be a minority tribe in an uncivilised tribal part of the world where it wasn't long ago you were massacring each other.

The current borders are here to stay. Sool sanaag and SL are valuable to all of Somalia, any argument about this is hypothetical. There's zero chance of it being let go.

Tell me whats there for people in awdal to join the union what will they benefit from xamar instead of tribal politics wrecking havoc in every elections which has only two outcomes a Darood president and Hawiye prime minster or vice versa.

It's really delusional to think there's something for reer SL in xamar when we had for the last 20 years constant 1V1P elections and political parties that made us years ahead of Somalia which is stuck in tribal politics even implementing a discriminatory system called 4.5 that's unfair for so called "minorities" in country while in the last parliamentary elections a Gabooye politician got the most votes of any mp running in that elections something that would never happen in xamar cuz of racist tribal politics in there where his people are looked down and have no future while their future is being build in Somaliland.

300 page UNFPA funded report with a sample size of 6,000 households.

e46.gif
But there's no mention of which clan has the highest fertility rate as Sanaag is majority HY/HJ and in Sool is mostly inhabited by HJ and Dhulbahante with population of 300,000+ in Caynaba HJ district itself having 170,000 and in Xudun district itself being shared between HJ/HY and Dhulbahante which clearly shows all of those clans who are mostly rural having high fertility rate

But there's no mention of which clan has the highest fertility rate as Sanaag is majority HY/HJ and in Sool is mostly inhabited by HJ and Dhulbahante with population of 300,000+ in Caynaba HJ district itself having 170,000 and in Xudun district itself being shared between HJ/HY and Dhulbahante which clearly shows all of those clans who are mostly rural having high fertility rate
Sanaag is nowhere HY/HJ majority lol

Caynabo district does not have 170,000 whaaat??? :ftw9nwa:

Bohol is the biggest town in Xudun distict and I hardly call that a city let alone HY having numbers to be considered “shared land”:stopit:

Let’s be real with the demographics sir

Sanaag is nowhere HY/HJ majority lol

Caynabo district does not have 170,000 whaaat??? :ftw9nwa:

Bohol is the biggest town in Xudun distict and I hardly call that a city let alone HY having numbers to be considered “shared land”:stopit:

Let’s be real with the demographics sir
Lmao sanaag is majority HY where ceerigabo district and ceelafweyn are majorty HY districts except Badhan where warsengali lives but their numbers are small

Bohol is a town in xudun inhabited primarily by Sacad Yoonis

Caynabo district population comes from EU research it did in Somalia

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Question to somalilanders.
Would you accept this deal? : somalia offers immediate recognition of Somaliland ( which means immediate international recognition ) in exchange for Darood inhabited areas in Sool, Sanaag and Cayn which will keep being part of Somalia.
Question to somalis from somalia, would agree to recognize SL in exchange for sool,sanaag and cayn?

This proposal has pros and cons.
PROS for landers: SL will gain immediate international recognition because somalia will give up it's claim on it
CONS for landers: SL will lose some territory but it's inhabited by people who mostly reject separatism

PROS for Somalia: somalia will solve the Somaliland question once and for all, isaaq leaders never liked unionism anyway

CONS: recognizing Somaliland even without SSC will be the death of the somaliweyn project and could encourage others like Puntland to declare independence

None of this is realistic. What is SSC? Sool & Sanaag la gartay, when was the district called Cayn in the Federal map? The SSC project could even see the Awdal project try and tear a piece to join Djibouti. Somaliland will have to be dealt with in light of the 5 regions or two regions of the old Republic. If they were ever recognised they can make their own Federal regions and call it the Federal Somaliland Republic.

Somaliland as it is, has its best asset as Berbera. Why would we let go of a national asset that is worth more than some seats in a rugged Parliament and 2 regions?

Lmao sanaag is majority HY where ceerigabo district and ceelafweyn are majorty HY districts except Badhan where warsengali lives but their numbers are small

Bohol is a town in xudun inhabited primarily by Sacad Yoonis

Caynabo district population comes from EU research it did in Somalia
My good friend this is how I know your not serious, Warsangeli are by far the most in Sanaag out of anyone sub clan wise. Badhan and it’s distict has the most out of everyone. It’s shouldn’t be up for debate in all honesty.

Ceerigabo distict has Dhulbahante Naleyeh Ahmed as the most there with Fiqi fuliye and arbooygas as the biggest towns in the district. If that’s not the case, by all means show the towns that has a higher population.

Give me the page number from your source. I went through caynabo on my way to LA and I can forsure tell you that place doesn’t have more than 30-40k ppl max. Look at the Ariel maps of the place and it’s smaller than Xudun.

My good friend this is how I know your not serious, Warsangeli are by far the most in Sanaag out of anyone sub clan wise. Badhan and it’s distict has the most out of everyone. It’s shouldn’t be up for debate in all honesty.

Ceerigabo distict has Dhulbahante Naleyeh Ahmed as the most there with Fiqi fuliye and arbooygas as the biggest towns in the district. If that’s not the case, by all means show the towns that has a higher population.

Give me the page number from your source. I went through caynabo on my way to LA and I can forsure tell you that place doesn’t have more than 30-40k ppl max. Look at the Ariel maps of the place and it’s smaller than Xudun.
My friend is well known that sanaag is HY homeland and warsengali are small darood clan that lives in east of sanaag region while in west of sanaag is majority HY and small numbers of HJ and Dhulbahante who actually mostly live in Sool region Idk where you get the idea that sanaag belongs to hartis when it actually doesn't and also being the home of Isaaq clans where they first expanded from 300 years ago.

Trending

Latest posts