Will your parents reject a potential spouse cause of qabil?

Do your parent’s care

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 65.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooyadeey intaad nooshahay ma gaari gartid, yahay is nacday fucking moryan rape childka tahay wass
We took back the lands that was unfairly given to you and now we're thieves? Dumbass dofar.

And rape child? Are you speaking from personal experience when your father used to rape you in the ass?

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
I dont agree with it but their preference is someone thats darood but i'm pretty sure I could get away with marrying isaaq tho.

You're not the first Darood girl I've heard saying this. Why would your parent's not let you marry a Hawiye guy?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You're not the first Darood girl I've heard saying this. Why would your parent's not let you marry a Hawiye guy?

Civil war crimes committed by USC were far worse than SNM war crimes. In addition, historically, Daarood have intermarried with Isaaq more than they have with Hawiye.

Isn't Habar Younis named after Aba Younis-Geri Koombe (Kablalax-Daarood)

Cumar

VIP
Civil war crimes committed by USC were far worse than SNM war crimes. In addition, historically, Daarood have intermarried with Isaaq more than they have with Hawiye.

Isn't Habar Younis named after Aba Younis-Geri Koombe (Kablalax-Daarood)

Yes I think so. Habar Yonis are maternally Geri Koombe. They form the bulk of Isaaqs that mix with OG's along with some HA subclans as well.

Habar Awal also has some clans that are maternally Darood. Bah Kablalah, Bah Ogadeen etc. They mostly mix with Jidwaaq nowadays.

Finally you have HJ who mix with Dhullos in Sool.

Yes I think so. Habar Yonis are maternally Geri Koombe. They form the bulk of Isaaqs that mix with OG's along with some HA subclans as well.

Habar Awal also has some clans that are maternally Darood. Bah Kablalah, Bah Ogadeen etc. They mostly mix with Jidwaaq nowadays.

Finally you have HJ who mix with Dhullos in Sool.

Similary, Isaaq women founded or mothered Daarood clans. I believe Dhulbahante, Kaskiqabbe and Libangashe (harti) had an Isaaq mother.

Even I have an Isaaq maternal ancestor.

I'm not so sure, I have seen a fair amount of Hawiye men - Darood women marriages here in the diaspora and vice versa.

It isn't rare or taboo as made out to be on this forum.

Regardless of the "tension" and bad blood; Hawiye and Daarood have intermarried and intermarry till this day, historically it was not common though and it's still not very common today.

FKD aside, any sane Somali would want their child to marry a compatible Somali regardless of clan.

Regardless of the "tension" and bad blood; Hawiye and Daarood have intermarried and intermarry till this day, historically it was not common though.

FKD aside, any sane Somali would want their child to marry a compatible Somali regardless of clan.

Historically for sure, there wasn't much of intermarriage for centuries back home in Somalia. But it is a totally different game here in the west.

Historically for sure, there wasn't much of intermarriage for centuries back home in Somalia. But it is a totally different game here in the west.

True, in the diaspora, Somalis are a minority and young people fall for each other regardless of qabiil.
Somalis need to increase their ties with each other through intermarriage. Especially, the madhibaan who have been mistreated.

@Rise @Cumar Horta is there any Bah Mareexaan in your clans?

In Marehan we have Bah Tanade, Bah Dhulbahante, Bah Dir, Bah Abaaskuul, Bah Ogaden, Bah Xawaadle (@Coulombs law ), Bah Darandoole (Abgaal)

Xawaadle have a sub sub clan called Darood Ali and the leader of this subclan claims that Leelkase Mohamed and Xawaadle Mohamed have the same Father but different mothers, there was a whole scroll written regarding this, didn't finish it up tho.

I didnt specifically say that but you read in between the lines eh "qof la yaqaano guurso" has been brought up but I think in the end as long as he meets all the standards religiously and personality wise they would say yes.

Cumar

VIP
I didnt specifically say that but you read in between the lines eh "qof la yaqaano guurso" has been brought up but I think in the end as long as he meets all the standards religiously and personality wise they would say yes.

Didn't mean to accuse you of anything walaal. And I agree, we are living in the west, it's a bit of a weird thing to get hung up on tribe since we are a minority here anyways. I think most parents would be happy if their son or daughter married a respectable practicing Somali spouse regardless of clan.

Cumar

VIP
@Rise @Cumar Horta is there any Bah Mareexaan in your clans?

In Marehan we have Bah Tanade, Bah Dhulbahante, Bah Dir, Bah Abaaskuul, Bah Ogaden, Bah Xawaadle (@Coulombs law ), Bah Darandoole (Abgaal)

No but I remember when I was younger I heard there is a maternal connection between certain Marehan and Ciidagale subclans and that they share a mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending