Why Somaliland wil NEVER again unite with Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalia had 3 million approx in the 80's

(100,000 / 3,000,000) x 100 = 3.34%

They're claiming 3% of Somalia's entire population died let alone those who got injured or displaced.

Furthermore, around this period, Isaaq were around 600,000.

(100,000 / 600,000) x 100 = 16.67

They're claiming 1/6 of their population died in 1988.

I don't think math is a secessionist's strong point.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Yeah Kismaayo mostly. And it's a small clan, but we're no endangered species. You don't hear a lot because because they have an age old wadaad/sufi tradition and aren't involved much in politics
You're a class act hunno. :it0tdo8:

@kobe ass thought he was going to get under your skin.

Geri people are respected..:it0tdo8::it0tdo8:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
These same people from Somalia today claim they want "unity"

:pacspit:

Equating Somalia to the actions of a senile over-paranoid deranged dictator.

:bell:

Somaliland doesn't have a future by itself.

It's not that I personally care about it seceding but it would be a national security issue for Somalia.

A sovereign Somaliland is another agonistic country on its border.

Other regional factions will make sure we turn hostile against each other by buying up our politicians or manufacturing conflict like they're doing in the Galbeed with the Oromo.

The world knows Somaliland would turn into another failed country like South Sudan if they are granted independence. The world knows Somalia being one country together is the safer choice.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
The world knows Somaliland would turn into another failed country like South Sudan if they are granted independence. The world knows Somalia being one country together is the safer choice.
Safe option lol, you are full of it. For 27 years we have not been united, you can expect SL is gone forever with or without recognition.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Equating Somalia to the actions of a senile over-paranoid deranged dictator.

:bell:

Somaliland doesn't have a future by itself.

It's not that I personally care about it seceding but it would be a national security issue for Somalia.

A sovereign Somaliland is another agonistic country on its border.

Other regional factions will make sure we turn hostile against each other by buying up our politicians or manufacturing conflict like they're doing in the Galbeed with the Oromo.
That's what happened though and when he was overthrown SL left the union.

That the current Somali federal goverment is different today doesn't really matter since SL left 1991.. :stopit:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
That's what happened though and when he was overthrown SL left the union.

That the current Somali federal goverment is different today doesn't really matter since SL left 1991.. :stopit:

Try leaving when there's actually a proper central government around otherwise your declaration of Independence wouldn't be worth much.

Whatever you want to believe or regardless of how much shit you do for foreigners.... no country on Earth would be as stupid as to recognize your delusional ass.

Then again I don't really care that much so keep on fighting for ictiraaf.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Try leaving when there's actually a proper central government around otherwise your declaration of Independence wouldn't be worth much.

Whatever you want to believe or regardless of how much shit you do for foreigners.... no country on Earth would be as stupid as to recognize your delusional ass.

SL will operate as usual and it is thanks to the demise of Somalia. Somalia has itself to blame.

We don't need recognition, how long do you think it will be until we get Taiwan status? If things go as they are now, I expect less than 15 years.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP

SL will operate as usual and it is thanks to the demise of Somalia. Somalia has itself to blame.

We don't need recognition, how long do you think it will be until we get Taiwan status? If things go as they are now, I expect less than 15 years.

Inshallah :siilaanyolaugh:

Keep on undermining Somalia for that sweet sweet recognition.

Funny thing is that; even if you throw Somalia under the bus and finally get full Independence, you'd still be some larger country's .

Instead, SL had the power to help stabilize Somalia first and then insist on Independence.

Now there's just bad blood enough for generations.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Inshallah :siilaanyolaugh:

Keep on undermining Somalia for that sweet sweet recognition.

Funny thing is that; even if you throw Somalia under the bus and finally get full Independence, you'd still be some larger country's .

Instead, SL had the power to help stabilize Somalia first and then insist on Independence.

Now there's just bad blood enough for generations.
Somaliland can't do more than what amisom can do, Somalia got all the help in the world and you expect SL to help stabilize Somalia?

There is still hope for Somalia regarding SL until the day Somaliland gains control of the entire border. You know this yourself.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.

Taiwan is of geopolitical value to the United States to contain China. It is only a matter of time before they are controlled by the mainland.

Somalialand is of no such value. Who would recognise them and why? The Arab states? If they havent already when Somalia was at its weakest they wont be doing it now when the state is getting stronger. Somalia is emerging while half of the Arab states are entering their wars. Ethiopia and Kenya wont touch that hot potato either. That is pretty much it for our part of the world.

Somalia is becoming more stable by the day. in the years to come things will improve further as we engage with the international community.

I understand that you were programmed to hate at a young age but understand that the dictator killed many people from every clan including his own. That is no reason for separatism

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Taiwan is of geopolitical value to the United States to contain China. It is only a matter of time before they are controlled by the mainland.

Somalialand is of no such value. Who would recognise them and why? The Arab states? If they havent already when Somalia was at its weakest they wont be doing it now when the state is getting stronger. Somalia is emerging while half of the Arab states are entering their wars. Ethiopia and Kenya wont touch that hot potato either. That is pretty much it for our part of the world.

Somalia is becoming more stable by the day. in the years to come things will improve further as we engage with the international community.

I understand that you were programmed to hate at a young age but understand that the dictator killed many people from every clan including his own. That is no reason for separatism
Somaliland has much to offer, there are believed to be oil reserves akin to the one in Yemen, we not far from the busiest trade route in the world. We still have large unexplored land. There is a lot more SL can offer too.

You claim that Somalia is getting more and more stable by the day is questionable.

Al-shabab is still getting more and more influence.. I get that financially Somalia is on the rise but that's it Security-wise it's very bad.

I understand you believe SL will rejoin Somalia but it will never happen.

At 1991 it was the right move to separate from Somalia. Doesn't matter how the Somali goverment is today. It has already happened...

Somaliland as a state is still ruled by the elderly elite that both the SYL and British said were not fit for governing.

Other problems include:

1. The founder of Al-Shabaab is harboured in Somaliland.

2. Somaliland does not have regular censuses, allowing for elections to be manipulated.

3. Many within Somaliland hold Somali passports and wish to stay within Somalia.

4. Somaliland has worse press freedom than Mogadishu, journalists are arrested for criticising the government. That is not a democracy.

At the most central of all this, Somaliland does not have a sufficient case for independence. Catalonia, Kurdistan and Chechnya all have more stronger cases than Somaliland but remain without sovereignty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending