Why is Somalia the way it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
These lies are a major part of the problem. Somalis are NOT homogenous, do NOT have the same religion, do Not speak the same language and do NOT have the same culture. That was academic BS from the 60's. Get real, people. Once the hope of Somaliweyn died, it was all over. The natural divisions opened up and until a new hope is offered and the divisions understood and dealt with, a route forward as a nation will be difficult to find.
kkkk, tell me of these other religions in Somalia other than Islam:drakelaugh:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Because Somali politicians are corrupt af and Somalis are generally emotionally driven people.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
And the latter enables the former
Some of these politicians don't fear Allah. The responsibility of being a ruler is a great one. They take it as a joke. They are responsible for every person they rule over. They will be answering to Allah on yawmul qiyama. I will never want to be a politician. Even the sahabas would often go without food just to make sure their people eat and we have leaders who steal from the people.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Some of these politicians don't fear Allah. The responsibility of being a ruler is a great one. They take it as a joke. They are responsible for every person they rule over. They will be answering to Allah on yawmul qiyama. I will never want to be a politician. Even the sahabas would often go without food just to make sure their people eat and we have leaders who steal from the people.
Says the somali transexual

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
- Siyaad was pressured in to going to war with Ethiopia by the Soviet Union
- Soviet Union told somalia to halt, siyaad refused
- Somalia then sided with the USA
- Soviet Union and its allies supported Ethiopia against Somalia with troops, weapons ...
- Somalia lost the war
- SSDF rebel group was formed. It was backed by foreigners. It failed to take out siyaad
- Siyaad got paranoid
- Isaaqs formed SNM in London, Whitechapel
- They opened bases in Ethiopia
- Siyaad barre bombed and massacred isaaq civilians
- SNM attacked back
- Siyaad then formed a treaty with mengistu in exchange for the SNM
- 3000 SNM soldiers then invaded Hargeisa, Burco and Hargeisa
- SNM was victorious against Somalia National Army which had 30,000 soldiers, war planes, tanks ...
- Siaad barre lost the North
- USC a hawiye rebel group then attacked Mogadishu
- Mogadishu fell
- Siaad barre ran to Kenya then claimed asylum in Nigeria
- Then the USC turned on each other
- Full out qabil war in Mogadishu

Fast forward to mid 2000's

- Islamic courts union take over war torn Somalia and bring peace
- USA prompts Ethiopia into invading Somalia
- ICU split in to two factions. Half ran abroad and the other half formed the terrorist group Al Shabab
- Al Shabab take control of Somalia
- 30,000 Amisom troops deployed

Fast forward to 2017

- Somalia has no sovereignty

Last edited:
So salahiya and qadiriyya (two Sufi sects) are now different religions.

:russ:

Why did i bother with this missionary trying to convert somalis

You seem to forget Shabaab's treatment of the tombs of the saints in Baraawe and the murder of Aweys al Baraawe by the Salahiya. The Salahiya follow the Wahhabbis in wanting to dig up the Prophet. The Qadiriyya are traditional Sufis in the matter of Siyaro. It's enough of a difference to provoke murder and war.

Gambar

VIP
- Siyaad was pressured in to going to war with Ethiopia by the Soviet Union
- Soviet Union told somalia to halt, siyaad refused
- Somalia then sided with the USA
- Soviet Union and its allies supported Ethiopia against Somalia with troops, weapons ...
- Somalia lost the war
- SSDF rebel group was formed. It was backed by foreigners. It failed to take out siyaad
- Siyaad got paranoid
- Isaaqs formed SNM in London, Whitechapel
- They opened bases in Ethiopia
- Siyaad barre bombed and massacred isaaq civilians
- SNM attacked back
- Siyaad then formed a treaty with mengistu in exchange for the SNM
- 3000 SNM soldiers then invaded Hargeisa, Burco and Hargeisa
- SNM was victorious against Somalia National Army which had 30,000 soldiers, war planes, tanks ...
- Siaad barre lost the North
- USC a hawiye rebel group then attacked Mogadishu
- Mogadishu fell
- Siaad barre ran to Kenya then claimed asylum in Nigeria
- Then the USC turned on each other
- Full out qabil war in Mogadishu

Fast forward to mid 2000's

- Islamic courts union take over war torn Somalia and bring peace
- USA prompts Ethiopia into invading Somalia
- ICU split in to two factions. Half ran abroad and the other half formed the terrorist group Al Shabab
- Al Shabab take control of Somalia
- 30,000 Amisom troops deployed

Fast forward to 2017

- Somalia has no sovereignty
Siyaad Barre sided with the US only after the Soviets stopped supporting him. There was no economy, no institutions, and the morale of the Somalis were low. You also had refugees from kilinka shanaad in Somalia which was a stress on Somalia.

You had the failed coup by the SSDF, which made Siyaad Barre very paranoid. He only had a small grip of power and it was through his family. No more supreme revolutionary council but of course he had his supporters (guulwadayasha). In 1986 he had the accident, imo I believe he could've been having early on set dementia which explained his extreme and strange behaviors. He was a thug and no young fellow, he was a very old fellow.

You also mentioned Isaaq civilians dying but made no mention of Darood clan cleansing in Xamar and Rahanweyne clan cleansing via the man made famine.

Another problem was after the ouster of Siyaad Barre via the USC, after cleansing the city of Darood and going on a massacre and killing spree eventually it became Mahdi vs Caydiid in the struggle for power. Caydiid was killed. You also had AIAI which was the precursor to ICU and AS (explains the extreme religious shift in Somalis). They were backed by KSA.

In May 91, Somaliland declared they left the union. They had a war in the mid 90s, but have been able to come together and maintain peace. In August 1998, Puntland was established as a safe territory for its people (USC went into that territory so it was important to have a safe haven so the clan cleansing wouldn't occur again).

You also forgot to mention the failed peace keeping mission in the 90s, the fact that the ICU kept "peace" in Mogadishu for a short time but were simply war lords that had participated in the civil war and then pretended to be wadaado.

You had the TFG backed by the UN and US, had Ethiopian troops come in to take out ICU. People blame AY for "inviting Ethiopians" into Mogadishu but never mention the Somali on Somali clan cleansing in Mogadishu. Also, Caydiids son claimed Somalia should annex its borders with Ethiopia and create one country, one passport, one government but no one mentions that (read: he's HG and Caydiids son).

The problem with Somalia is everyone has their own grievances and version of events. It's better for all to just make their own way, the Somali weyn dream is dead. Too much mistrust, backstabbing, corruption etc.

Somalis are divorced from reality, instead of sitting down and admitting what happened to everybody, they want to play make believe and pretend. Yaab!

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Siyaad Barre sided with the US only after the Soviets stopped supporting him. There was no economy, no institutions, and the morale of the Somalis were low. You also had refugees from kilinka shanaad in Somalia which was a stress on Somalia.

You had the failed coup by the SSDF, which made Siyaad Barre very paranoid. He only had a small grip of power and it was through his family. No more supreme revolutionary council but of course he had his supporters (guulwadayasha). In 1986 he had the accident, imo I believe he could've been having early on set dementia which explained his extreme and strange behaviors. He was a thug and no young fellow, he was a very old fellow.

You also mentioned Isaaq civilians dying but made no mention of Darood clan cleansing in Xamar and Rahanweyne clan cleansing via the man made famine.

Another problem was after the ouster of Siyaad Barre via the USC, after cleansing the city of Darood and going on a massacre and killing spree eventually it became Mahdi vs Caydiid in the struggle for power. Caydiid was killed. You also had AIAI which was the precursor to ICU and AS (explains the extreme religious shift in Somalis). They were backed by KSA.

In May 91, Somaliland declared they left the union. They had a war in the mid 90s, but have been able to come together and maintain peace. In August 1998, Puntland was established as a safe territory for its people (USC went into that territory so it was important to have a safe haven so the clan cleansing wouldn't occur again).

You also forgot to mention the failed peace keeping mission in the 90s, the fact that the ICU kept "peace" in Mogadishu for a short time but were simply war lords that had participated in the civil war and then pretended to be wadaado.

You had the TFG backed by the UN and US, had Ethiopian troops come in to take out ICU. People blame AY for "inviting Ethiopians" into Mogadishu but never mention the Somali on Somali clan cleansing in Mogadishu. Also, Caydiids son claimed Somalia should annex its borders with Ethiopia and create one country, one passport, one government but no one mentions that (read: he's HG and Caydiids son).

The problem with Somalia is everyone has their own grievances and version of events. It's better for all to just make their own way, the Somali weyn dream is dead. Too much mistrust, backstabbing, corruption etc.

Somalis are divorced from reality, instead of sitting down and admitting what happened to everybody, they want to play make believe and pretend. Yaab!
:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP

Why did you leave out that Abdullahi Yusuf welcomed Ethiopia into Muqdisho?

No suprise tho. You are a typical majeerteen that puts everything on Habar gidirs.

Gambar

VIP

No suprise tho. You are a typical majeerteen that puts everything on Habar gidirs.
You need to finish your A levels before you have this convo with me. Somalis are their stupidity. :kodaksmiley:

Can you read? Your hypocrisy is ridiculous when Caydiids son claimed Ethiopia and Somalia should be one.

You need to finish your A levels before you have this convo with me. Somalis are their stupidity. :kodaksmiley:

Can you read? Your hypocrisy is ridiculous when Caydiids son claimed Ethiopia and Somalia should be one.

You two by yourselves are a better answer to the question than any of these histories. As someone said, everyone has their own issues and version of events. Homogenous......Ha!

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
You two by yourselves are a better answer to the question than any of these histories. As someone said, everyone has their own issues and version of events. Homogenous......Ha!

Are you somali bantu or something, why do you get triggered when people mention Somalia is homogenous

Are you somali bantu or something, why do you get triggered when people mention Somalia is homogenous

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/am-i-the-oldest.19836/

I have been there and seen most of the country. I was one of the victims of the "homogeneous" stories.

I was taught Mahaa and told there was only one language and then sent to an area that spoke Maay and Boon. The rest follows from a study of Somali history.

Last edited:
He's an cadaan missionary who spent time in Somalia. As usual, an cadaan who regards himself as an expert or someone who can talk about Somali history. Look at how @Prince of Lasanod called him out.

I'm not sure you deserve a response beyond the one I gave Yonis, but anyway:. I was in the US Peace Corps and taught English at the Government School in Jilib. I am not religious and have had no religious affiliation since I turned 18. Now, go take a long walk on a short pier.

I'm not sure you deserve a response beyond the one I gave Yonis, but anyway:. I was in the US Peace Corps and taught English at the Government School in Jilib. I am not religious and have had no religious affiliation since I turned 18. Now, go take a long walk on a short pier.
there were hundreds of peace corps who taught in Somalia but none obsessed with Somalia and its people as you. Something happened while you were there but you don't want us to know. are you mad you couldn't convince one somali to believe in blue eye blond hair jesus? get lost old man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts