Why is Somalia in the Arab league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care about the "economic and political" benefits of being in that organisation, we get zilch from it anyways. We aint Arab and thats a fact, why is it only Somalis that are confused about their identity? I dont see Turks or Iranians claiming Arab or Mexicans claiming spanish. Feel free to put your input on the matter.

I dont care about the "economic and political" benefits of being in that organisation, we get zilch from it anyways. We aint Arab and thats a fact, why is it only Somalis that are confused about their identity? I dont see Turks or Iranians claiming Arab or Mexicans claiming spanish. Feel free to put your input on the matter.
I have no idea why Somalia is in the Arab league, the only reason why some Somalis claim to be Arab is because they want to be related to the prophet Muhammad, have you noticed that most of the Somalis claiming to be Arabians are the religious ones.

please no, there's an entire thread on this, we're in it because siad barre joined it because he thought it would bring political and military benefits, but it didn't (at least it doesn't today because of the president being weak) it's as useless as the african union. look in the political section for the thread.

There is an East African league but is full of Bantu countries and we should avoid it if we respect ourselves on fact we should leave the African Union !
For now we should stay in the AU, but in the future when we become strong then we can leave that useless organisation.

please no, there's an entire thread on this, we're in it because siad barre joined it because he thought it would bring political and military benefits, but it didn't (at least it doesn't today because of the president being weak) it's as useless as the african union. look in the political section for the thread.
We can still maintain cultural links with them, but the fact we're in that league makes us look like idiots tbh

I have no idea why Somalia is in the Arab league, the only reason why some Somalis claim to be Arab is because they want to be related to the prophet Muhammad, have you noticed that most of the Somalis claiming to be Arabians are the religious ones.
Most of those stories are myths, plus theres plenty of Somali muslims that dont claim arab, plus they know their heritage and identity.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
For geopolitics. Our current leaders aren't smart enough to understand that so :kanyeshrug: we can't use it to our advantage. Look at it this way, the Saudis payed HSM 50mil to cut ties with Iran. Saudi was willing to pay money but HSM was not intelligent enough to get more out of the Saudis. He should have asked they Iranians what they had to offer. If HSM wanted to build a decent military he would receive help from Egypt if he tried. But you know, mooryans are going to mooryan.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
The Arab league offers little benefit to Somalia but there's no real benefits to quitting it afaik.

Imagine if Somalia never became a Muslim country. No Al shabaab and religious conflicts. I can only imagine.
I close my eyes and I can imagine it. A lawless, fragmented, desolate and immoral desert nation. :rejoice:

Status
Not open for further replies.