Why is arabic the official language in Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking to people who were born here or havent seen Somalia in like 20 yrs.
Waa war layihin. I try to give them my experience but they see fake shit.

they dont know much about somalia and try to come across as experts and much of what they arguing about is complete bull. really embarrassing!

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
no she is not! have neva seen someone learned arabic in somalia and r fluent,and even if that true its rare,,she must be very intelligent.
this is puntland its different. our curriculum is controled by the minister of education of puntland state. dont compare us to other states

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Look at this video
Af Somali can be learnt at home as a mother tongue and English/French/Italian/Arabic will be used as commercial languages which can give you jobs which can help your Motherland:fittytousand:
This will help us build our countries from the rubble

Italian is an utterly useless language to know; literally no one except the Italians use it as a main tongue. The only reason why former English and French colonies use it is because those languages are very mainstream. I mean, think about it, what language will a country like Nigeria and Kenya use to communicate? They don't speak each other's native language---heck, there are so many tribes and ethnic groups with their own distinctive languages within said countries that there really isn't any mainstream indigenous language that everyone can agree on speaking within their own nations. So they just settle on English or some other convenient foreign tongue long after their independence. However, besides Libya and Eritrea, no other neighboring country speaks the Italian language, so it's pointless and a bit kiss-assy to have children learn it for business purposes. We should learn Somali as our main tongue, and learn Arabic and English as second languages (to better communicate with neighboring English speaking African and Arabic speaking MENA countries).

Last edited:

Jeesto

VIP
More people know and speak english than arabic backhome:mjlol:. Somalia has been in the arab league for 40+ years and niggas still failed to make us speak arabic:drakelaugh:(they arabized a lot of our culture tho):kendrickcry::birdman:

Tukraq

VIP
More people know and speak english than arabic backhome:mjlol:. Somalia has been in the arab league for 40+ years and niggas still failed to make us speak arabic:drakelaugh:(they arabized a lot of our culture tho):kendrickcry::birdman:
The point of us being in the Arab league is for economic reasons,we need to make ourselves the hub between the Middle East and the rest of Africa, having trade partners from Iraq to South Africa :fittytousand:

My mum told me she failed arabic at school but can speak italian and english. Its just a hard language, one of the hardest in fact to learn so many different variations whats the point:uCkf6mf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts