Why eracing Siyad Barres legacy from Somalia is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
I think many in the diaspora have got no clue of how much liked Siad Barre is and this cuts across qabil. I don't know of the Somali north but in the south and especially Somalis in Ethiopia and nfd, the guy is a legend. I have been to southern Somalia and interacted with Somalis from all clans and they all speak highly of him regardless of clan. Actually to the minority clans in the south, they even like him more than his own clansmen, he helped them a lot I heard by making them part of the Somali community and ending discrimination against them.
Now to Somalis in Ethiopia and nfd, these people 'worship' barre. These are the people he helped more than any other. My own family were exiled from nfd and jaalle Siyad settled them in kismayo along with tens of thousands other refugees from nfd and more than a million from Ethiopia. I remember once I was in wajir county and was speaking to some degodia hawiye elders and someone mentioned Siyad barre, the entire place lit up with joy and jubilation. I asked why?
They answered that in the 1980s Kdf was planning on targeting their clan b4 the wagalla massacre and Siyad barre threatened to invade Kenya if they continued the persecution of that clan. Kdf retreated from their villages.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
honestly Siad Barre was a mixed bag its true he saved many from famine but that was his duty because he was a leader on the other hand he killed thousands and thousands so am I supposed to defend him? No.. but I will cause he's from my tribe :dabcasar:.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
honestly Siad Barre was a mixed bag its true he saved many from famine but that was his duty because he was a leader on the other hand he killed thousands and thousands so am I supposed to defend him? No.. but I will cause he's from my tribe :dabcasar:.
I'm not talking about famine in Somalia, I'm saying Siyad barre helped and saved millions of Somalis who were under persecution by Kenya and Ethiopia and people of all clans love him. That's why I specified the elders were hawiye and just by the mention of his name, the entire place lit up with joy.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
I'm not talking about famine in Somalia, I'm saying Siyad barre helped and saved millions of Somalis who were under persecution by Kenya and Ethiopia and people of all clans love him. That's why I specified the elders were hawiye and just by the mention of his name, the entire place lit up with joy.
hawiye do love him, that's true. He gave them food and clothes. He showed them what it is like to be a human and when he left. Lets just say we all know what has happaned.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
hawiye do love him, that's true. He gave them food clothes. He showed them what it is like to be a human and when he left. Lets just say we all know what has happaned.
You're a fucking bastard living in a Western country and have no idea what Somalis in Africa have gone through. You're not funny insulting poor people .
I'm Darood but f*ck you

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
You're a fucking bastard living in a Western country and have no idea what Somalis in Africa have gone through. You're not funny insulting poor people .
I'm Darood but f*ck you
giphy.gif

Yes I agree he united the somali people but he was doomed to fail.Dictatorships cannot work, He eventually killed 50k people in the north to maintain power and killed many of my relatives.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
I'm Darood but f*ck you
don't worry about these pieces of shit they live in the western world in their comfortable homes, without no issues and they have the audacity to look down at someone because they are of a different qabils. They have been given cuqdad by the parents and family because they believe due to the fact there darood they deserved to rule. It also stems from insecurities they have and jealousy they have of the hawiye as they control mogadishu. I am isaaq and I know that what happened to somalia can't be ascribed to one tribe. Hawiye are a good people who deserve our respect but anyone who believes in the superiority of their qabil deserved to die and unfortunately the majority of the mj people think like this on this site. That is why I called them Firth column. I apologise about our dispute on the thread u seem like a good person Marshallah I just don't like ur worship of siyad.

JamalNFD

JAMAL
don't worry about these pieces of shit they live in the western world in their comfortable homes, without no issues and they have the audacity to look down at someone because they are of a different qabils. They have been given cuqdad by the parents and family because they believe due to the fact there darood they deserved to rule. It also stems from insecurities they have and jealousy they have of the hawiye as they control mogadishu. I am isaaq and I know that what happened to somalia can't be ascribed to one tribe. Hawiye are a good people who deserve our respect but anyone who believes in the superiority of their qabil deserved to die and unfortunately the majority of the mj people think like this on this site. That is why I called them Firth column. I apologise about our dispute on the thread u seem like a good person Marshallah I just don't like ur worship of siyad.

No we good bro. Tribalism is finished over here, yes Somalis argue over clan politics still but qabil hatred is finished in Somalia, these diaspora youth should know this.

You guys should also accept that despite what happened after 1986, Siyad barre has helped millions of Somalis especially those in nfd and Ogaden region and people don't just support him for clan or because he killed other Somali clans, that's nonsense. Only diaspora Somalis reason like that.

Btw my grandad and his family were exiled from Kenya in '74 and crossed into Somalia with nothing. I mean not even one goat. Siyad barre heard some mikahil sultans were exiled from Kenya and had crossed into Somalia, he ordered his mayor in Kismayu to give them houses and provide for all their needs. My grandad passed just 2 years later in ' 76 and barres govt continued to look after my dad and my uncles and aunts. My uncles were added into the red berets. My dad was young at the time. In the late 80s my dad met my mom who is dulu and father worked for the govt and married her. My dad crossed back into Kenya in 1989 December when Ogs turned against the govt and fighting broke out in Kismayu. Most of my uncles in the red berets died fighting ssdf, snm and USC.

I'm Darood but f*ck you

Sxb don't let him trigger you, the MJ's on this site always make jokes like that, it's in their nature.

Anyways Siad Barre may have done some deeds like you have mentioned but he was a ruthless dictator towards the end of his Reign and has massacred way too many isaaqs mercilessly during the civil war.

For that reason I disagree with your stance regarding Siad Barre..

waraabe

Your superior
No we good bro. Tribalism is finished over here, yes Somalis argue over clan politics still but qabil hatred is finished in Somalia, these diaspora youth should know this.

You guys should also accept that despite what happened after 1986, Siyad barre has helped millions of Somalis especially those in nfd and Ogaden region and people don't just support him for clan or because he killed other Somali clans, that's nonsense. Only diaspora Somalis reason like that.

Btw my grandad and his family were exiled from Kenya in '74 and crossed into Somalia with nothing. I mean not even one goat. Siyad barre heard some mikahil sultans were exiled from Kenya and had crossed into Somalia, he ordered his mayor in Kismayu to give them houses and provide for all their needs. My grandad passed just 2 years later in ' 76 and barres govt continued to look after my dad and my uncles and aunts. My uncles were added into the red berets. My dad was young at the time. In the late 80s my dad met my mom who is dulu and father worked for the govt and married her. My dad crossed back into Kenya in 1989 December when Ogs turned against the govt and fighting broke out in Kismayu. Most of my uncles in the red berets died fighting ssdf, snm and USC.

so why did the same folk he saved from kenya and Ethiopia stab him in the back

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
The emotions, insulting parents. cajiib! The lack of manners, well at least you got the food and shoes but human behavior is different i guess :noneck:

JamalNFD

JAMAL
so why did the same folk he saved from kenya and Ethiopia stab him in the back
It was ogs in Kismayu mostly awlihan who got angry that barre had settled thousands of marexan there and arrested the og minister of defense gabiyow.
My uncles in the red berets stood by him to the end

waraabe

Your superior
It was ogs in Kismayu mostly awlihan who got angry that barre had settled thousands of marexan there and arrested the og minister of defense gabiyow.
My uncles in the red berets stood by him to the end

kkkk you guys even backstab your own, now u understand why your people are considered to be a fifth column

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
Siad barre signed a deal with Ethiopia in 1988 and NFD where he ceased hostilities with them over somali galbeed and NFD so he in effect gave away those regions to save his own skin and focus on rebels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending