Why don't Somalis intermarry Somali-Bantus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Raxanweyne also have a tribe of farmers known as eylaai the eyle are jereers who mixed with ancient madibaan hunters of the riverine areas.

this is how the social status goes Nomad is at da top
Farmers,fishermen after the nomads
and then hunters are at the bottom

Stop it sxb Eyle are not Madow. Maybe there are some eyle that mixed with Madow but that clan is not a product of Madow Raxanweyn mix

Pirate

Shep Tupacs brother
I didn't know you did drugs bro. :ohlord:

You have to stop that. You said your wife is a revert. Set a good example sxb.
:friendhug:
My Cro im getting married soon im gonna quit dat shit insha Allah my wifey hates it she pushing me to quit but guess what her family all does it too I smoke wit her brothers all the time sometimes even wit her momma dukes:lolbron:

speaking from a Southern Somali perspective, the taboo has been passed down from generations. Only a few ethnic Somali clans actually partipcated in slavery and having Bantu woman as concubines was unheard of, more common would be with Oromo women. Towns like Jowhar and such still have ethnic strife and drawn lines.

Have you heard of the story of the Somali Bantu guy who married a fellow Somali (non-Bantu) girl. Since the girl knew her parents won’t accept him, they were told that he was an African American xaafidul Quraan and a conservatively observant Muslim with a Masters Degree. All were true except the Afro-American part. On their wedding night in the States, relatives attended from all corners of North America and “Mohamed X” was accepted as one of the family and the clan. Few years later, the family found out that Mohamed X turned out to be Jamal Jum3a and he is indeed a Bantu Somali. The girl was given a choice of either to ditch him or be disowned. She chose the latter. Moral of the story is, “we” Somalis will accept anyone to inter-marry except Somali Bantus (and so called Somali “low caste”) even if they are the best candidates.

Pirate

Shep Tupacs brother
Stop it sxb Eyle are not Madow. Maybe there are some eyle that mixed with Madow but that clan is not a product of Madow Raxanweyn mix
whats wrong wit dis twerp raxanweyne are farmers and have a clan called eylaiii okk and ppl use it as a diss they call each other eylaii similar to how we call each other midgaan

Now the eyle (Dog keepers) are a mix of jereer and ancient madibaan type of hunters they use dogs to hunt thats why there called eyle

Abkaal

speaking from a Southern Somali perspective, the taboo has been passed down from generations. Only a few ethnic Somali clans actually partipcated in slavery and having Bantu woman as concubines was unheard of, more common would be with Oromo women. Towns like Jowhar and such still have ethnic strife and drawn lines.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Abkaal

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have you heard of the story of the Somali Bantu guy who married a fellow Somali (non-Bantu) girl. Since the girl knew her parents won’t accept him, they were told that he was an African American xaafidul Quraan and a conservatively observant Muslim with a Masters Degree. All were true except the Afro-American part. On their wedding night in the States, relatives attended from all corners of North America and “Mohamed X” was accepted as one of the family and the clan. Few years later, the family found out that Mohamed X turned out to be Jamal Jum3a and he is indeed a Bantu Somali. The girl was given a choice of either to ditch him or be disowned. She chose the latter. Moral of the story is, “we” Somalis will accept anyone to inter-marry except Somali Bantus (and so called Somali “low caste”) even if they are the best candidates.

Stop lying. That makes no sense. African Americans are no different to Bantus, just no :bell:

Stop lying. That makes no sense. African Americans are no different to Bantus, just no :bell:

Shadow

How many Somalis married African Americans and how many married Somali Bantus? I think you should hit the search button before you respond to me and hit the post button. Thanks in advance.

Shadow

How many Somalis married African Americans and how many married Somali Bantus? I think you should hit the search button before you respond to me and hit the post button. Thanks in advance.

Mate not gonna lie, i've only recently discovered this new phenomenon called "Somali Bantu" so i can't say i've seen any marriages involving them

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Somalis rarely marry out. Why do you think they make such a fuss about it online? Cataloging each account.:siilaanyolaugh: We're even more disapproving than most in terms of inter-ethnic marriage. The only difference is unlike others we don't have a hardline on interracial marriage that leads to an early funeral. I think there is more of a cognitive bias where you see a phenomenon as more common than it really is because it's on top of mind. If we comissioned a survey we'd get a small (%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending