Why don't more Somali women dresses like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mostly see this fashionable style with Arab and Turkish girls. Somali culture sees pants as revealing. Only long skirts and dresses are acceptable, no matter how skintight and curve revealing.
:farmajoyaab:
I wish Somalis could be less judgmental. Even those who call themselves religious will assume some stuff about you based on what you wear. They forget that it ain’t nobody’s business but God’s.
:bell:

I still think a hijabi should dress modestly though. Why wear skin tight jeans and skirts with a hijab on?
:what1:
Again I ain’t judging, but what’s the point of hijab when you’re showing off your curves?
:what:

You mostly see this fashionable style with Arab and Turkish girls. Somali culture sees pants as revealing. Only long skirts and dresses are acceptable, no matter how skintight and curve revealing.
:farmajoyaab:
I wish Somalis could be less judgmental. Even those who call themselves religious will assume some stuff about you based on what you wear. They forget that it ain’t nobody’s business but God’s.
:bell:
I dont understand that, pants are no more revealing than skirts

I still think a hijabi should dress modestly though. Why wear skin tight jeans and skirts with a hijab on?
:what1:
Again I ain’t judging, but what’s the point of hijab when you’re showing off your curves?
:what:
There are many Hijabis that are struggling with the hijab, it's their way of compromising.
You shouldn't judge them, we don't know how hard they have struggled.
But taking pic and posting it on gram, thats low, never gonna support that:farmajoyaab:

There are many Hijabis that are struggling with the hijab, it's their way of compromising.
You shouldn't judge them, we don't know how hard they have struggled.
But taking pic and posting it on gram, thats low, never gonna support that:farmajoyaab:
Same goes for me as a teen girl. I wore hijab in high school as the only Muslim girl. It was so hard to stand out like that.

I started to put on less baggy clothes as the years went on. The dresses got tighter and the hijab smaller and less covering.

At this point I can’t even walk out with anything on my head. I still get anxiety at the idea of being visibly Muslim when I remember all the snide comments other students and teachers would make towards me. I hope to move to an area with more Muslims/Somalis Inshallah.

41.jpg

This one is cute and modest.

I think somali girls should put more effort into presenting themselves well, but at the same time when they do, they're looked down on as 'ty':kanyeshrug:

Same goes for me as a teen girl. I wore hijab in high school as the only Muslim girl. It was so hard to stand out like that.

I started to put on less baggy clothes as the years went on. The dresses got tighter and the hijab smaller and less covering.

At this point I can’t even walk out with anything on my head. I still get anxiety at the idea of being visibly Muslim when I remember all the snide comments other students and teachers would make towards me. I hope to move to an area with more Muslims/Somalis Inshallah.
Because others are wearing tight skirts you dont agree that pants are haram . What type of logic is that wll. Just because they are abusing it doesnt mean that you are still wrong

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP

Explain how this is a good look? This is the modesty you guys love so much. Seem like a lazy way to dress

Lostbox

VIP
Wait what's wrong with that?
Looks good to me and I have a feeling they smell nice too :ahh:
There nothing wrong but the don't look well dressed in my opinion.

Who said that was a good look. You are indecisive. What do you picture your wife mom sister daughter should dress. Than ask yourself how Hooyo Aisha RA dressed
They don't wear headscarf at times and it's less of problem if they wear trouser

There nothing wrong but the don't look well dressed in my opinion.

They don't wear headscarf at times and it's less of problem if they wear trouser
So you are alright with your mother wearing pants with hair out. Answer the second part of my last post

Lostbox

VIP
So you are alright with your mother wearing pants with hair out. Answer the second part of my last post
I've never seen her out without a headscarf but it's not rare to see her wearing trousers. I've answered your questions. Let me ask what's wrong with my suggestion? I believe it will improve how they look. Most are worse then the one I've posted. Is that wrong?

I've never seen her out without a headscarf but it's not rare to see her wearing trousers. I've answered your questions. Let me ask what's wrong with my suggestion? I believe it will improve how they look. Most are far worse then the one I've posted. Is that wrong?
Do you know the meaning of hijab. What does it stand for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending