Why don’t Somali men rush to join the modeling industry? Why is it so rare for them to join but common for Somali women?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
When People think of a Somali guy they think of Barkhad Abdi, no offense to him he's a great guy

In my youth in college I was chatting up a Sudaniyad who told me my mother and myself looked "Sudani" and not Somali because Somalis looked like Barkhad. I was about ready to verbally karbaash her and her entire likely langaab qabiil right there but I tempered myself for I was lusty youth and, the humiliation of my cid aside, I did thereafter manage to get her number.

Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
When People think of a Somali guy they think of Barkhad Abdi, no offense to him he's a great guy

He’s miskeen and does not deserve the vitriol. Being deemed unattractive doesn’t call for dehumanization.

The reason I made this thread is, anyone who is heavily involved with the Somali community irl knows this man doesn’t represent anyone but himself.

Hollyweird intentionally casts unattractive minorities because it’s easier to dehumanize those individuals. It makes their narrative about the villains more convincing. It’s manipulating human nature since people associate ugliness with bad character.

We need to take control of our image. This has been bothering me for so long. I seethe whenever I see ajanabis use those memes especially when they come from communities that aren’t particularly known for being lookers anyway. At least there’s historical backing to our beauty. We didn’t get exoticized for no reason in the past.

Last edited:

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
In my youth in college I was chatting up a Sudaniyad who told me my mother and myself looked "Sudani" and not Somali because Somalis looked like Barkhad. I was about ready to verbally karbaash her and her entire likely langaab qabiil right there but I tempered myself for I was lusty youth and, the humiliation of my cid aside, I did thereafter manage to get her number.

Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Sigh.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Hollyweird intentionally casts unattractive minorities because it’s easier to dehumanize those individuals. It makes their narrative of the villains more convincing. It’s manipulating human nature since people associate ugliness with bad character.

You know what the gaalo are about when they made him the lead and not either one of these perfectly normal looking co-stars:

KL3B9cL.jpg

nLhcPFV.jpg

The second aboowe is honestly even handsome and tall to boot.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I can't imagine walking around irl thinking some random cadaan girl is better than me and that food chain shit, his mentality is sad asf and PEAK incel - which he vehemently denies. Niggas with those talking points don't have a life outside internet echo chambers and base everything off dumb stereotypes.

It's genuinely mentally ill. In real life I don't remotely think about stereotypes. I just talk to people, vibe them out, get to know them and see where it goes. Who the f*ck talks to a woman and is thinking about racial hierarchy shit? Wtf?

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
I can't imagine walking around irl thinking some random cadaan girl is better than me, his mentality is sad asf and PEAK POC incel - which he vehemently denies. Niggas with those talking points don't have a life outside internet echo chambers and base everything off dumb stereotypes.

Yeah it’s a pattern I’ve picked up on as well.

What is amusing is poc incels that place White people on a pedestal typically don’t hang with White people irl. They don’t have White friends or White partners.

So what they know about White people is their fantasies that were shaped through the narratives they’ve been led to believe. They don’t have a balanced judgement on them. You can say they view them as god-like creatures walking among us mere mortals.

White people are like any other human being. They have their flaws too. There is no sensible reason to worship human beings, who are born to live, breathe, eat, shit, and die like any other human being.

The totem pole of race exists and I understand that it’s a disservice to our common sense to pretend like it doesn’t since millions of people have been spoonfed it and now wholly believe in it.

But take advantage of it. Just try to become the best of your race instead of focusing on competing with other races. People don’t care about race if you prove yourself to be a great person. If you respect yourself then so will other people. People don’t respect begs.

That’s how I view this. I’m sorry for the monologue.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s a pattern I’ve picked up on as well.

What is amusing is poc incels that place White people on a pedestal typically don’t hang with White people irl. They don’t have White friends or White partners.

So what they know about White people is their fantasies that were shaped through the narratives they’ve been led to believe. They don’t have a balanced judgement on them. You can say they view them as god-like creatures walking among us mere mortals.

White people are like any other human being. They have their flaws too. There is no sensible reason to worship human beings, who are born to live, breathe, eat, shit, and die like any other human being.

The totem pole of race exists and I understand that it’s a disservice to our common sense to pretend like it doesn’t since millions of people have been spoonfed it and now wholly believe in it.

But take advantage of it. Just try to become the best of your race instead of focusing on other races. People don’t care about race if you prove yourself to be a great person. If you respect yourself then so will other people. People don’t respect begs.

That’s how I view this. Sorry for the monologue.
Girl, even the cadaans would be dumbfounded reading his shit :mjlol:

dw about the monologue, you're quickly becoming one of my favourite users <3

bro if you knew the shit male models go through you wouldn't make this post

its very common for young male models to be forced into gay sex by their superiors. A lot of the top male models have been taken advantage of by homosexual fashion designers in exchange for a deal.

I think the same thing happens to women models but not to the same degree

shits crazy wallahi. would rather have the sterotype of us being ugly than have somali men go through that

i remember my dad being asked to model when he first came to Canada. he came in the 80's so somalis werent common. He was asked to be in a photoshoot by some french canadian guy. Alhamdullilah he rejected the offer. he probably would've been taken advantage of by homosexuals in the fashion industry

Modelling doesn’t pay much for males. Pietro Boselli was my lecturer for a first year module and he seemed to make his money away from modelling. The number of famous non-hijabi Somali models who were born in the west is also next to nil.
you lucky, lucky bastard :ahh:

Last edited:
No, I’m only talking about men here stay on task. I’m not attracted to women so how they look isn’t my concern. Besides I’m one person, why are y’all pressed. Many halimo’s find y’all attractive hence the 20 million Somalis present.
dame you are Farah yourself and also khaanis, I just came on this forum and am surprised. Just because you look ugly and you had to switch sides miskeen don't base how you look on us Macrobians.

Plenty of somali men have the perfect features and height for modelling. I remember when my cousin was about to be scouted for it. Random cadaan lady spotted him in public and approached him and took some pictures but he ended up telling his dad…. The rest is history.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
I think the Barkhad Abdi stereotype in a way works in our favour, because if that is the bench mark, any brother that doesn’t look him, lifts on the regular and is at a healthy weight would already be considered high value by the average Somali girl. Unfortunately, some Somali brothers are 5 to 10kg below what they should be weighing, even Barkhad would look completely different if he added 10kg to his frame like Christian Bale did between the Machinist and Batman Begins; its like looking at two completely different people.

Modelling is looked down upon by Somali men because its such a feminine culture in stark contrast to the traditional Somali patriarchal culture. The good looking brothers are also usually the most humble and down to earth members of our community and already married off before the age of 22 to one of the dozen Somali girls that made their move early, so they wouldn’t even have the time to pursue that career.

At the same time the most narcissistic and deluded members of our community are the gremlins and Gollum looking creatures that you will see auditioning for every role out there or pursuing political offices via their tol. What we have now is basically if Ewen Bremmer was the face of British men instead of Henry Cavill.

Its interesting though that this has not affected Somali women’s perception of their men at all, despite the jealous ajanabis working hard to change that. Once they get past their teen cuqdad they fall hard for Somali men either because they crossed paths with one of those humble brothers or because our features suddenly become their main preference after shaking off all the years of Disney and Hollywood rom-com programming.

So if they are already this way without any movies or tv-shows showing good-looking Somali men in a positive and romantic light, imagine how it will be like when that does happen?

Trending

Latest posts