Why don’t Somali men rush to join the modeling industry? Why is it so rare for them to join but common for Somali women?

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
I’ve always wondered this. It would easily clear up racist allegations that you all look like that man who was born in the middle of a civil war, malnourished in his infancy, and deprived of a good quality life in the formative and developmental years of his life?(Sorry to Barkhad but there’s a reason why his jaw and teeth are so fucked up.)

8679B860-0355-4EDD-9B6C-D9ABD0E07374.gif

I found this gorgeous model called Najib Abdi. He represents classic Somali features. He radiates like our ancestors.

F721812A-AE73-4BA2-AEEF-6AAA15873DB7.jpeg

From my understanding, he lays low and Somalis don’t pay attention on him. I don’t even think they know about his existence and work.

What do you think is the underlying reason Somali men don’t join the industry? They could easily take advantage to fix their reputation and make an easy bag. Their features are sought out for among black people. I don’t get it. Why is Barkhad going around representing the worst of you but the best of you aren’t rushing to be represented?

DB925B32-D417-4692-B608-E19CEC3B920B.jpeg

D78D5326-B96B-49EF-A8E8-D5A2409FF628.jpeg

794C2E9D-3DD6-4AEF-A02A-6FC16769C494.jpeg

520EACBE-E554-4C23-B9A7-13F61688D4DE.jpeg

440C16E9-0AF3-47C1-A46D-5A3037751613.jpeg

EB5DDF57-7F9D-44BD-AC3F-4DC2A7FA42D7.jpeg

450D5110-AE11-4E0F-838A-12AC01373018.jpeg

But seriously…where does the stereotype that Somali men are ugly but Somali women are beautiful come from? Do people think beauty in an ethnic group is only possessed by one gender?

I understand 99% of Somali men are god fearing muslims but if you want to better the lives of your children growing up in the west and protect them from getting bullied you have to care about superficial matters like representation like gaals do. It just comes with the territory of living in the west.

Here is his instagram account. https://instagram.com/najibtima45?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Last edited:

Xoxoxo

VIP
I have a few male friends, so beautiful it’s unimaginable. 2 of them even were asked to model or join an agency here, but they always refused.

Their personality isn’t as beautiful as their faces lol, and Somali guys don’t care about fashion nor modelling as much as us

Because the modeling industry is the realm of the devil and Somali girls are easily influenced. One minute you modeling the next minute you have been bent over by a fat Jewish executive.
Somali men have too much self-respect for themselves to parade like cattle in front of sleaze balls.

And for the looks department Somali men don't really care, we can basically get anyone women we like.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
I have a few male friends, so beautiful it’s unimaginable. 2 of them even were asked to model or join an agency here, but they always refused.
I know. I grew up surrounded by men this captivatingly beautiful. One of my relatives was constantly told to model his whole life and he actually did seriously consider it for a moment. He’s always been very popular with the ladies lol. Somali men can be drop dead handsome but the media doesn’t represent the best of them. You have to be heavily integrated in our community to encounter these kind of men.

Their personality isn’t as beautiful as their faces lol, and Somali guys don’t care about fashion nor modelling as much as us

Modeling isn’t about personality. It’s the only industry that values looks besides the entertainment industry.

I wish they took it seriously. They act like they’ll be exposed to degeneracy if they modeled. They should give it a chance and be more open.

Last edited:

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
Because the modeling industry is the realm of the devil and Somali girls are easily influenced. One minute you modeling the next minute you have been bent over by a fat Jewish executive.
How did you jump to degeneracy? 😂 You don’t have to sell out your soul to model.

Somali men have too much self-respect for themselves to parade like cattle in front of sleaze balls.

What does this have to do with self respect?

And for the looks department Somali men don't really care, we can basically get anyone women we like.

I know that but don’t you think representation is still important? I mean, does it not bother you that men like this aren’t the first thing ajanabis think of when they picture Somali men?

We Somali women know you guys can be handsome but that’s because we are surrounded by you so we can see the best of you and the worst so we have a balanced judgment of you guys. But ajanabis only see the worst of you and they don’t see the positives to counteract that image. That bothers me.

The power of media representation is everything. Somali men need to take control of it.

Last edited:
"Modeling" is absolute degeneracy and a great example of a "male" model is the guy dressed as a woman or homosexual in the photos you shared.

Women modelling is also haram and goes completely against modesty and the hijab which is not just the head scarf but concealing your beauty and being modest. No Muslim who has any understanding of the Deen would give it a second thought.

Modelling is Satanic.

And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakāh and obey Allāh and His Messenger. Allāh intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.

Surah Al-Ahzab 33

The modeling industry is full of khaniis degenerates, no real geeljire want to be part of that shit.. Just my opinion. Beside us real men don't care about looks this is something women focus on.

To advance in the modeling industry you need to basically sell your morals away and do all kinds of favours for the people who run things there.
which is basically entirely made up of gay men who want sexual favours. If you don't comply you lose opportunities and get blacklisted.

Last edited:

You mean we Somalis have bad personality?

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
How do you guys know this man’s sexual orientation? He has not disclosed this online. You are just assuming this based off how good he looks.

Dressing nice ≠ homosexual.

Furthermore, there are countless straight men in the modeling industry. If you think sexual abuse against men is that prevalent, how come we haven’t heard more stories about it impacting straight men?

And why do you act like a model doesn’t have any agency or boundaries? They may not have the power in their hands at the start of their career, but when they become well-known and profitable they are able to be selective with the agents and photographers they work with.

It’s fine if the modeling/fashion industry is ran by gay men. They have patrician’s taste in looks and style so I am not surprised they run that shit.

My main point was, why are you guys okay with Barkhad Abdi representing you even though he probably represents like 0.0001% of Somali men (even the ones back home with no healthcare don’t look this bad) but you take issue with male models representing you?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The power of media representation is everything. Let’s not downplay how it can psyop people into believing certain narratives.

@Abdisamad
@Javelin
@Keep it a boqol
@AMusee

Last edited:
How do you guys know this man’s sexual orientation? He has not disclosed this online. You are just assuming this based off how good he looks.

Dressing nice ≠ homosexual.

Furthermore, there are countless straight men in the modeling industry. If you think sexual abuse against men is that prevalent, how come we haven’t heard more stories about it impacting straight men?

And why do you act like a model doesn’t have any agency or boundaries? They may not have the power in their hands at the start of their career, but when they become well-known and profitable they are able to be selective with the agents and photographers they work with.

It’s fine if the modeling/fashion industry is ran by gay men. They have patrician’s taste in looks and style so I am not surprised they run that shit.

My main point was, why are you guys okay with Barkhad Abdi representing you even though he probably represents like 0.0001% of Somali men (even the ones back home with no healthcare don’t look this bad) but you take issue with male models representing you?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The power of media representation is everything. Let’s not downplay how it can psyop people into believing certain narratives.

@Abdisamad
@Javelin
@Keep it a boqol
@AMusee

I did not call him a homosexual but said he dresses like one, or a woman and that is clear for all to see. Regardless that man dresses like an effeminate and it is degenerate.

No one cares that you think ajnabis dont think Somali men look good, why would anyone care about that?

We are Muslims and it is haram.

What a bizarre thing to try to promote, those pictures are disgusting.

Furthermore, no Somali or Muslim woman would find a male model such as the guy above attractive or taken seriously, only degenerates celebrate that. It is effeminate and not at all masculine, scary actually.

How did you jump to degeneracy? 😂 You don’t have to sell out your soul to model.

What does this have to do with self respect?

I know that but don’t you think representation is still important? I mean, does it not bother you that men like this aren’t the first thing ajanabis think of when they picture Somali men?

We Somali women know you guys can be handsome but that’s because we are surrounded by you so we can see the best of you and the worst so we have a balanced judgment of you guys. But ajanabis only see the worst of you and they don’t see the positives to counteract that image. That bothers me.

The power of media representation is everything. Somali men need to take control of it.

Is this what your want to promote, we good :heh:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
That industry is full of deviants, no somali male or female should not be in it. Absolutely haram. No offfense to this brother you posted but walaal, xaji iska dhig niyow.

Trending