Why doesn't Puntland use the Osmanya script?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somalis won’t develop until they realise that their tuulos are just as underdeveloped as another qabiil’s tuulo.

Puntland is closer in development to Gedo than to any of Somalia’s neighbouring countries.

When Somalis compare their tuulos to Nairobi, Addis etc instead of another qabiil’s tuulo is when we will develop.

Thinking of outsiders is literally what created Somalinimo in it's modern sense. Seeing ajanabis, including fellow Horner ones, encroach on our lands and culture prompted our forefathers to want to unify in response. They sadly went about it in a misguided way like making Xamar the capital and excluding certain clans from top-level politics and things fell apart eventually but yes, Somalis need to learn to look outwards again.

Funny enough, similar societies like that of the saxaba and the Mongols under Temujin understood the importance of this. When you have a tribal people prone to lots of infighting and warfare the best thing to do once you've unified them is to take all that energy they would exhaust on each other and use it to conquer and plunder outsiders hence some of the most massive empires known to man that were forged at alarming rates:

w4njkT6.png
5Kk6Y7P.png

Sadly, we live in the modern world so there'll be no conquering vast swathes of ajanabis for geeljires but we need to take that energy they waste on competing with each other and channel it toward competing with ajanabis indeed.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Thinking of outsiders is literally what created Somalinimo in it's modern sense. Seeing ajanabis, including fellow Horner ones, encroach on our lands and culture prompted our forefathers to want to unify in response. They sadly went about it in a misguided way like making Xamar the capital and excluding certain clans from top-level politics and things fell apart eventually but yes, Somalis need to learn to look outwards again.

Funny enough, similar societies like that of the saxaba and the Mongols under Temujin understood the importance of this. When you have a tribal people prone to lots of infighting and warfare the best thing to do once you've unified them is to take all that energy they would exhaust on each other and use it to conquer and plunder outsiders hence some of the most massive empires known to man that were forged at alarming rates:

w4njkT6.png
5Kk6Y7P.png

Sadly, we live in the modern world so there'll be no conquering vast swathes of ajanabis for geeljires but we need to take that energy they waste on competing with each other and channel it toward competing with ajanabis indeed.

Somalis don’t deserve to have qabiil anymore.

When a kid uses the internet for wrong things, they get their internet taken away. Somalis continually turn qabiil into qabyaalad.

So they deserve to be stripped of their qabiil.

I was at a wedding this afternoon and I must say I was perplexed and saddened by the sheer number of maryooles wearing a khamiis and even a keffiyeh. What's saddest is that I'm half sure some of these saaxiibs think this is genuine Somali dhaqan. And don't know what our awoowoyaal used to actually wear:

View attachment 211978
View attachment 211979

I mean at least even show up in the garb of title bearers if you want:

idSDc62.jpg

oewMidM.png

Soomaali dhaqan is dead, niyahow.
People still wear our traditional clothes especially in the "mountains".

A childhood friend of mine just came back from working in the KSA the last few years. The first thing he said was " ASC akhi", I never heard him say that word before. He was also wearing a khaamis lol.

reer

VIP
I grant you that there are qabilists who support Farmaajo because he's from their clan but not all of us are like that. The entire time I've been on this forum I've actively fought against qabilism from either side.
most of my moral support for farmajo is because of qabiil. :pachah1::russ:

Yusuf M

PuntExit
What the hell does PL produce that benefits national development, it is dead weight to the rest of Somalia, infact there is very little potential in that desert, as MX I just want them to fall inline within Darood hierarchy and not cause so many problems, many of them do that already, but some like Deni is causing too much problems sticking his zanzibari nose in affairs that does not concern PL at all.
Kkkkk, what does the lands south of Galkacyo produce that benefits national development apart from 30 plus years of chaos?

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP
I would be 100% behind farmajo if he was MJ. He’s very politically cunning and ruthless, this nigga is even using kgb style honey traps on political opposition.
I would 100% be against such person even if he was my own brother. What good would he be if he can’t even secure one funding for development in PL? It reminds me of how sub clans protest and lobby for MP seats as if that tuug will do anything but collect his salary. It’s all for clan pride and it’s useless

If people here would genuinely support Osmanya if it wasn’t made by members of their own qabiil, I’ll retract my statement about tribalism.

But the fact of the matter is that when we have more threads about this topic than about vaccine purchasing or respirator purchases says a lot.

If these people are so adamant that PL should spend money, why don’t they advocate for bread subsidies which will probably cost the same and feed people.

I care about the average PL resident, these people care more about PL’s image.

YOU don't make threads on vaccination programs/healthcare programs in PL or bread subsidies. Munaafiq

Last edited:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
YOU don't make threads on vaccination programs/healthcare programs in PL. Munaafiq

Yeah but you never see asking for PL money to be spent on unnecessary stuff.

My entire point was that if these people really want to start campaigning for changes to PLs budget, why don’t they start with that.

How did you completely miss the point?

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
The Osmanya script was used in the SYL era across Somalia and quite extensively in Puntland before the Kacaan made the switch to Latin

The SYL newsletters used to be in the Latin script.

The SYL were the ones to recommend the Latin script in 1962. Their recommendation couldn’t pass parliament as it didn’t have support.

Siyaad Barre passed it unanimously when he became dictator and passed it off as his own idea.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
What the hell does PL produce that benefits national development, it is dead weight to the rest of Somalia, infact there is very little potential in that desert, as MX I just want them to fall inline within Darood hierarchy and not cause so many problems, many of them do that already, but some like Deni is causing too much problems sticking his zanzibari nose in affairs that does not concern PL at all.

The same can be said for any Somali region.

We produce nothing but the livestock that happens to be walking around our nation.

Every gobol in Somalia is deadweight in one way or another.

Yeah but you never see asking for PL money to be spent on unnecessary stuff.

My entire point was that if these people really want to start campaigning for changes to PLs budget, why don’t they start with that.

How did you completely miss the point?

the topic was script change. It seems you don't know how to socially manoeuvre and talk about more pertinent issues without accusing other posters of qabyaalad and the like. Don't know if you do this because you think it makes you look intellectual or it makes you feel better than other frequent users of this cesspit

notice how any thread you're involved in becomes roundabout finger pointing and accusations. This thread for example went from a civil discussion to qabiil bashing due to your need to put on a moral cape where it was undue

Go outside. Get a breath of fresh air. Make some friends. Read a book. Get a job. Touch grass.

Trending

Latest posts