Why do Somalis think Menigstu Haile Mariam was Amhara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterbro

*MWAH* 2 my h8trs
Ethiopia is such an odd country, even after never being colonized they still can't seem to get anything right done and majority of their country is in deep decay. Wasn't there a trash pile that killed 60+ people recently? Disgusting.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I know it is pretty ignorant of me , but to me all Ethiopians =Habashi.
Indeed it's very ignorant to think so. Somalis hold the view that Ethiopia is Amhara and Amhara is Ethiopia.

This is usually because the Amhara have ruled Ethiopia for so long and the Ethiopian state (official religion, official language, etc.) have taken the identity of what has been labelled "Amhara culture" and the persons who have occupied power and privilege have by and large born from Amhara. The world education, and all till this day rely and take their sources from the Amhara which is why most people think Ethiopia = Amhara.

The rest of the ethnic groups who vastly outnumber Amhara in terms of population and territories were unheard to the world during the Amhara era, it was very recent that they came out in the 90s after the Amhara domination was put to an end but sadly, there was no effort to de-Amharize the country by the government today.

There are confused Somalis who have hard time distinguishing Ethiopia (a modern multi-ethnic nation) from Abyssinia (an ancient club exclusive to few in the Gondar region). Therefore we are obligated to teach them the difference and define the modern Ethiopia which is a federal and not so perfect democratic Republic.

So, let's be clear, more than 70% of modern Ethiopia and Ethiopians have no affiliation, association, connection or link with Abyssinia or the Amhara culture. Therefore it's wrong for the handful relics from the past to try to define Ethiopia as their private possession (Abyssinia).

Somalis may think Ethiopia = Habesha but to the Ethiopians (the home of 80 ethnic groups) and Eritreans (the home of 9 ethnic groups), Habesha refer to the major ethnic groups from the Highland region (Amhara, Tigray, Tigrinya and Guraghe).

--

Back to the topic, Mengistu is from the south. In central and southern Ethiopia, if an Oromo is Orthodox Christian that individual may be classified as an Amhara regardless of his or her ethnic ancestry or lineage. He was never Oromo to the Oromos and most people in the Horns of Africa but was an Amharized Oromo who only served the interest of the Amharas.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
He was either Konso or half Konso half Amhara.

The Konso are an Omotic group that hijacked an Oromo dialect. They are not Cushitic at all.

Apollo

VIP
Most Ethiopians including Amhara have Madow hair, only a few have soft hair. Somalis on average have soft hair.

Suugo Science:

Ethiopians have Omotic admixture. The Omotics have large segments of proto-Khoisano-Pygmy ancestry causing the increased nappy hair.

Somalis lack this.

Suugo Science:

Ethiopians have Omotic admixture. The Omotics have large segments of proto-Khoisano-Pygmy ancestry causing the increased nappy hair.

Somalis lack this.

Everytime I see Somali autosomal DNA comparisons, Ethiopian Somalis always have a small percentage of Omotic in them. Why was our ancestors getting freaky with Ethiopian/Omotics?

Apollo

VIP
Everytime I see Somali autosomal DNA comparisons, Ethiopian Somalis always have a small percentage of Omotic in them. Why was our ancestors getting freaky with Ethiopian/Omotics?

Somalis have absolutely 0.0% Omotic ancestry. Sometimes those test runs get it wrong due to not filtering out first cousins etc who disturb the algorithm.

Omotic lineages like E1b1a2 are completely absent in Somalis, but like 10% in Amharas and 20%+ in Cushites from SNNPR.

Zero ancestral overlap.

Somalis have absolutely 0.0% Omotic ancestry. Sometimes those test runs get it wrong due to not filtering out first cousins etc who disturb the algorithm.

Omotic lineages like E1b1a2 are completely absent in Somalis, but like 10% in Amharas and 20%+ in Cushites from SNNPR.

Zero ancestral overlap.

How come when I did the EthioHelix Gedmatch thingy, I was ancestrally closer to Wolayta(?) than the Ethiopian guy on this forum, the one with the funny name?

Apollo

VIP
How come when I did the EthioHelix Gedmatch thingy, I was ancestrally closer to Wolayta(?) than the Ethiopian guy on this forum, the one with the funny name?

Accurate Gedmatch results require the sample to be included in the original test run. When you do secondary run on the Gedmatch site you get a lot of noise (3% pygmy 5% hindu and other bullshit).

Anyhow, when you filter out first cousins and do an admixture run on East Africans, Somalis are the only Horners without Omotic admixture. This is also backed up with the complete absence of Omotic specific haplogroups (they exist in Ethiopians, not in Somalis).

Apollo

VIP
Most Ethiopian leaders in the 20th century were all Oromo including Haile Selassie.

Not an ethnic Oromo. Obvious Omotic is obvious. Ethnic Oromos never look like that.

Selassie was also a fake Oromo. Obviously he was mainly of Ethiosemitic origin.

Apollo

VIP
Why do omotic peoples look very bantu, are they of nilotic origin?

proto-Omotics spawned the Bantus.

E1b1a originated in Southwest Ethiopia (E1b1a2 and E1b1a* only in Ethiopia), then they went to West Africa, screwed a bunch of pygmies. That's how the Niger-Congo group was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts