Why do Somalis think Menigstu Haile Mariam was Amhara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
The nicca was half Oromo and half Bantu hybrid. He was more of a threat to Ethiopia internally
than Somalia since his Red Terror campaign killed close to 1 million Ethiopians.

Mengistu's Oromo father, Haile Mariam Wolde Ayana, was born in Furii, 80 km west of Addis Ababa.

His wiki page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mengistu_Haile_Mariam

The Red Terror
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qey_Shibir

mengistu.jpg

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Why did i get a notification saying you quoted me, when you clearly didn't

"In this country, some aristocratic families automatically categorize persons with dark skin, thick lips, and kinky hair as "Barias"… let it be clear to everybody that I shall soon make these ignoramuses stoop and grind corn!"

Mengistu was a straight g :obama:

Bohol

VIP
"In this country, some aristocratic families automatically categorize persons with dark skin, thick lips, and kinky hair as "Barias"… let it be clear to everybody that I shall soon make these ignoramuses stoop and grind corn!"

Mengistu was a straight g :obama:

His story should be turned into a movie. A Bantu guy rising in a society dominated by Cushites.

TheWeekday

Garxaajis Slayer
He's not Bantu...He's comes from an Omotic ethnic group with substantial Eurasian blood.Wolayta Eurasian levels are close to what we see in Somalis

Bohol

VIP
Do Haile Selassie next; he's supposedly even more mixed.:icon lol::icon lol:

He was Oromo paternally but Amhara maternally (the royal family related to Menelik 2). It is weird how most of the past rulers
in Ethiopia were usually related to both Oromo and Amhara. Y'all had a love fest going on until the Tigray put a stop to it. :lol:

He's an interesting fella, the Habesha/Cushitic aristocracy & land owners hated that guy with a passion. His regime ruined the country's economy and killed many people, he probably done all of that cause he hated ethiopia.
:hmm:

Gambar

VIP
Most Ethiopians including Amhara have Madow hair, only a few have soft hair. Somalis on average have soft hair.

TooMacaan

VIP
He was Oromo paternally but Amhara maternally (the royal family related to Menelik 2). It is weird how most of the past rulers
in Ethiopia were usually related to both Oromo and Amhara. Y'all had a love fest going on until the Tigray put a stop to it. :lol:
He was only 25% Amhara and I think it came from his paternal side (because the patriarchal line is the only way the royal lineage would be accepted). I think the rest of his 25% mix was Gurage...but some also claim that he was raised in Harar or something.
Lol, there were Tigray rulers too (I believe Yohannes, Ras Alula, and Tewodros are the main ones). And yeah, there were a lot of Oromos in high ranks (especially as generals) and they also married into a lot of Amhara families but some of the Oromos today don't want to admit that. :zhqjlmx:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
He's an interesting fella, the Habesha/Cushitic aristocracy & land owners hated that guy with a passion. His regime ruined the country's economy and killed many people, he probably done all of that cause he hated ethiopia.
The ruler of a nation working to destroy it from the inside...it's definitely a romantic idea :cosbyhmm:

He spent far too much on military equipment, the main reason for the famine in the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending