Why do Somalis think Menigstu Haile Mariam was Amhara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ufdup:

The singers Borena Oromo by the way:icon lol:

Nah, Borana look like this. The unassimilated ones anyway.

220px-Boranvileth.jpg

The old lady looks like my Grandma.:kendrickcry:

proto-Omotics spawned the Bantus.

E1b1a originated in Southwest Ethiopia (E1b1a2 and E1b1a* only in Ethiopia), then they went to West Africa, screwed a bunch of pygmies. That's how the Niger-Congo group was created.
this is so interesting. does this mean Ethiopia really is the origin of humanity:ohhh:

where did the pygmies come from then. and the sans?

Abyssinian slaves have been a very desired thing among slave owners who liked the bronze skin, but in value you were under the white girl and above the black menial slave:manny:

Habashi were slaved and sold to all world from Russia to turkey, Iran, India, Egypt and ME. Pushkin 'S grandfather was habashi slave. Pushing is Russian poet.

The word habashi in Arabic refers to slave and used as slur. That's Why i feel insulted if somebody called me habashi.

TooMacaan

VIP
There are towns in Iran called habashi because the habashi slaves settled there.
Probably due to the unfortunate EA slave trade that happened (there are some in India called "habshi" as well, and probably some in Yemen too).
I was speaking about collective enslavement of my people though (which there were none) or personal enslavement of my ancestors (which there were none). Also, there is no longer any connection between the slaves that were taken [and have lived elsewhere for generations] and the people who currently live back home. If my parents were born in Iran as descendants of those Habashi (meaning, from the land of the Habash by the way) slaves then I would say that my ancestors were enslaved...but since my parents were born directly from the motherland, I know I am not a product of slavery. For example, you can't use the specific example of the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade in order to say to a Nigerian, "oh your people were slaves" but you can say to an AA (although you shouldn't) that their people were slaves.

TooMacaan

VIP
Habashi were slaved and sold to all world from Russia to turkey, Iran, India, Egypt and ME. Pushkin 'S grandfather was habashi slave. Pushing is Russian poet.
As I previously said, unfortunately a few slaves were shipped off to other places and that's a dark moment in any nation's history (Ethiopia is not an exception to that). Pushkin's grandfather is said to have hailed from Ethiopia (I believe we even have a statue of him somewhere in Addis)...if his ancestor was Habashi, I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. Pushkin is known as the father of Russian literature and a highly respected figure. :zhqjlmx:

As I previously said, unfortunately a few slaves were shipped off to other places and that's a dark moment in any nation's history (Ethiopia is not an exception to that). Pushkin's grandfather is said to have hailed from Ethiopia (I believe we even have a statue of him somewhere in Addis)...if his ancestor was Habashi, I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. Pushkin is known as the father of Russian literature and a highly respected figure. :zhqjlmx:

Why reply to this brainless person:snoop:

TooMacaan

VIP
The word habashi in Arabic refers to slave and used as slur. That's Why i feel insulted if somebody called me habashi.
The term 'habashi' is a complicated one and with many meanings; like you, I've also heard in the past that it refers to slave as well. Anyways, when I've asked actual Arab speakers what it means, they inform me that it translates to "mixed" in the language so I can't give you a final verdict.

The term 'habashi' is a complicated one and with many meanings; like you, I've also heard in the past that it refers to slave as well. Anyways, when I've asked actual Arab speakers what it means, they inform me that it translates to "mixed" in the language so I can't give you a final verdict.
Habesha in Arabic means a person from the land of habsh it doesn't mean mixed at all

Nope you are wrong in Arabic it refers to tribe in Yemen

proto-Omotics spawned the Bantus.

E1b1a originated in Southwest Ethiopia (E1b1a2 and E1b1a* only in Ethiopia), then they went to West Africa, screwed a bunch of pygmies. That's how the Niger-Congo group was created.

Meaning they are ugly midget with nappy hair

Probably due to the unfortunate EA slave trade that happened (there are some in India called "habshi" as well, and probably some in Yemen too).
I was speaking about collective enslavement of my people though (which there were none) or personal enslavement of my ancestors (which there were none). Also, there is no longer any connection between the slaves that were taken [and have lived elsewhere for generations] and the people who currently live back home. If my parents were born in Iran as descendants of those Habashi (meaning, from the land of the Habash by the way) slaves then I would say that my ancestors were enslaved...but since my parents were born directly from the motherland, I know I am not a product of slavery. For example, you can't use the specific example of the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade in order to say to a Nigerian, "oh your people were slaves" but you can say to an AA (although you shouldn't) that their people were slaves.

Plz don't bring AA/ niagerian into habashi slave trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending